Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Lightbulb Iksar Traveling Guide - an addition to a Zone Connection World Map

Direct link: http://wiki.project1999.com/images/M...arGuideV1.jpeg

I will be updating this as I go on (This is v1.0) here: http://wiki.project1999.com/Zone_Connection_World

A common misconception is that Iksars, and especially Iksar Necromancers, have no place to vendor or bank. There are so many places that I started having a hard time keeping track, so I EDITED THE MAP MADE BY YURZ to include the location of vendors/banks. Any constructive criticism is always welcomed: additions or corrections of zones, or anything I can do to to make it more clear.

Right now my todo list is to make the icons a little bit more clear.

Long live Iksars!

--------------------------------

Yurz is the creator of this zone connection map - I merely went into mspaint, copy/pasted the circle thing, and then added another color. I literally did almost nothing and all the credit should go to him for this incredible resource.

I am the creator of the map with the Iksar Guide and I am releasing it to edit/copy/change for however you see fit. You don't even need to credit me - but please credit Yurz for the creation of the Zone Connection Map in all further reprints of the travel guide
Last edited by toolshed; 09-30-2014 at 04:20 PM..
Old 09-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Awesome maps.

I just wanted to point out the obvious info that a lot of newer players miss about banking with an evil character and using Invis to gain access.

Kelethin - Invis and head up to the bank, go to the back of the building, edge forward along the wall so that you are against the outer corner with the window nearby, then change camera angles so you are looking from a distance outside through the window... and click on the banker to access your goods. Invis drops, but nothing has LoS of you.

Felwithe - Invis and run into the bank, hug the inside wall that frames the first banker on his left side as you face him, edge forward just short of the opening that would put you in LoS of the lady banker, scroll the camera angle back and click on the banker. Invis drops, but the wall blocks LoS so you're not attacked. Make sure you're far enough forward so you are not in LoS of the door, as a guard wanders by and opens it like a dork as he strolls along.

Freeport - Same sort of deal with Felwithe. Enter, move forward so you are out of LoS of the door, but with the wall still blocking you from the bank interior. Scroll out with the mouse with the camera, edge a banker on your screen view and click on him. Invis drops, but you're safe to bank.

Edit - an Iksar can of course use the druid ring merchants in Steamfont and Butcherblock to sell stuff and buy minor jewelry/gems/gargoyle eyes to convert copper and silver into higher coin, then sell them back.

Getting to Faydwer at low level is simple by running through Warsliks woods straight to the Giant Fort area, hook around it and then turn towards the zone in for the Overthere. You will avoid most every wandering mob taking this route (no invis required). Once in the Overthere, hug the wall, run to the evil outpost, jump in the water, swim wide of the shore and then tread water until the evil ship shows up that heads to Timorous Deep. Warning - a bugged stupid Sarnak Flunkie is usually spawned in the water by the shore at one point near the Outpost, look out for him and swim well clear of him.

To get on the ship quickly, be at the rear of the open hulk vessel and swim up one of the barrels that's tilted and partially in the water. Once zoned into Timorous Deep, allow the ship to move forward until you see the pirate ship clutter and then drop off of your boat once it's a bit clear of it. Then swim forward, hook a left past it, and swim back to the Firepot room in a straight line for it. Doing this will keep you safe from random Fire Gators that would eat you alive if you swam straight for the Firepot chamber from the zone in.

Once in the firepot room, click on the Kelethin style firepot, and it places you safely outside of Aggro range of the ground level Kelethin guards. Book it for a safe place to bind, avoid wandering faeries while doing so, then level in Faydwer with friends if they insisted on rolling elves.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 09-30-2014 at 03:16 PM..
Old 09-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so I made this map.
Think you mean edited it to show Iksar Traveling Information [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2014, 03:19 PM
Kobold

Very handy, and thank you. I added include and section tags, which I used to transclude the map into the Iksar page. Any changes you make on the Zone Connection page within those tags will automatically show up on the Iksar page.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormlight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very handy, and thank you. I added include and section tags, which I used to transclude the map into the Iksar page. Any changes you make on the Zone Connection page within those tags will automatically show up on the Iksar page.
Great idea! Thank you!

I rolled an Iksar because of Sessendrix's guide, so if we could somehow get a link to it there too, my life will have come full circle.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome maps.

I just wanted to point out the obvious info that a lot of newer players miss about banking with an evil character and using Invis to gain access.
Great addition - this is exactly the type of information I wanted to get before adding more spots to the map. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think you mean edited it to show Iksar Traveling Information [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Added this to clear up any confusion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yurz is the creator of this zone connection map - I merely went into mspaint, copy/pasted the circle thing, and then added another color. I literally did almost nothing and all the credit should go to him for this incredible resource.

I am the creator of the map with the Iksar Guide and I am releasing it to edit/copy/change for however you see fit. You don't even need to credit me - but please credit Yurz for the creation of the Zone Connection Map in all further reprints of the travel guide
Old 09-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Aviak

Something else that may be helpful is adding a marker for druid rings that require Camo/Invis on port-in... Maybe a red outline around the yellow circle, or a bar across it.

Also, some of those banks seem problematic at best for Warriors (and for pre-30 SK/Shaman). For example, is there a way to get to the bank in NFP without invis or FD? If not, are there any banks on Antonica that an Iksar can just walk up to?

I have an iksar shaman that I'm considering leveling. I'm still trying to decide which race, and I've never actually played an "evil" character in EQ (at least, not beyond the newbie zone for that race). I can deal without having a JBB (as slow as I level, Velious will probably be out before I can even *click* the JBB), but banking difficulties are more annoying.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esheon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something else that may be helpful is adding a marker for druid rings that require Camo/Invis on port-in... Maybe a red outline around the yellow circle, or a bar across it.

Also, some of those banks seem problematic at best for Warriors (and for pre-30 SK/Shaman). For example, is there a way to get to the bank in NFP without invis or FD? If not, are there any banks on Antonica that an Iksar can just walk up to?

I have an iksar shaman that I'm considering leveling. I'm still trying to decide which race, and I've never actually played an "evil" character in EQ (at least, not beyond the newbie zone for that race). I can deal without having a JBB (as slow as I level, Velious will probably be out before I can even *click* the JBB), but banking difficulties are more annoying.
Great idea on the ports! Right now I am just invising everywhere I go, but I can easily add that to the guide.

So the banking situation is tough because a lot of it is FD-only, or invis-to-get-there but no-invis-required-to-bank, or skeleton illusion only... My original intention was to put them all on their with their own color, but it's just too busy and I can't figure out how to make these clear (if you have any ideas, I'm open).

My thought about it right now is: I am just notifying the players what zones it is possible to bank/vendor in, and if they don't know how to do it, they can always google 'bank north freeport iksar' and get a ton of information. I guess I could number each banking location and then give the loc and all relevant info? Again, I risk making it cluttered with otherwise useless information for people that already know how to bank at these locations.

Iksar warriors have it tough - I know of no way on the mainland for them to bank unfortunately.

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 09-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I guess I could number each banking location and then give the loc and all relevant info? Again, I risk making it cluttered with otherwise useless information for people that already know how to bank at these locations.
Yeah, including all that without cluttering it up the the point that it's useless would be difficult.

Perhaps the shape can tell you the type of location (circle for druid rings, triangle for wizard spires, square for vendors, diamond for banks), then colour-code the shapes for special requirements (green for no requirements, red for invis/FD, orange for skeleton form). If multiple requirements would work, do a half & half shape.

So, the Steamfont druid rings would be a green circle, while the NK druid rings would be a red circle. The LS vendor would be a green square, and I have no idea which vendors require invis/FD to get to (like I said, never played an evil character :P ). A red diamond would work for NFP bank, an orange one for Neriak Commons bank. I guess under that system all of the wizard spires would be green triangles.

I have no idea if this is better or worse, I'm just spitballing here.

Quote:
Iksar warriors have it tough - I know of no way on the mainland for them to bank unfortunately.
Ouch... I guess they just have to faction 'til it hurts (or hire someone to invis them).
Old 09-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esheon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps the shape can tell you the type of location (circle for druid rings, triangle for wizard spires, square for vendors, diamond for banks), then colour-code the shapes for special requirements (green for no requirements, red for invis/FD, orange for skeleton form). If multiple requirements would work, do a half & half shape.

So, the Steamfont druid rings would be a green circle, while the NK druid rings would be a red circle. The LS vendor would be a green square, and I have no idea which vendors require invis/FD to get to (like I said, never played an evil character :P ). A red diamond would work for NFP bank, an orange one for Neriak Commons bank. I guess under that system all of the wizard spires would be green triangles.

I have no idea if this is better or worse, I'm just spitballing here.
Love this idea! Maybe a separate map for each class? Hmmm something to think about for sure

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Closed Thread