Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 09:23 PM
Banned

Cool I'll probably never log into EQ again.

I'd love to. Although I feel like EQ is like this distant dream or echo of a past life. I miss it. I can't justify playing or attempting to really play it.

I'm sorta sad because I realize how bad at the game I was and I missed out on a lot of goal, or bucket list items, experiences. Over the years.

I got my lil passwords backed up in a notebook and an install sitting in a folder on my desktop. And sometimes I do the nostalgiaquest vicariously through screeenshots. I honestly feel like I will never log in again though.

There's some grief in that. I want to hold on to other memories harder than EQ tho. I would rather dream I guess of floating in a crystal clear warm sea. Weightless and drifting off into a pleasant sleep... maybe Oasis... by the crocs. Or Erudes Crossing. Idk.

R.i.p. EQ. You gave me freedom to be an elf and cast complete healing over and over. EQ was good2me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2022, 10:52 PM
Banned

Normally saying “never again” is because the thing was harmful

People might say I’ll never touch [x] drug again or gamble again, or play [x] game again because some bad circumstances resulted that they don’t want to experience again. Then putting a mental boundary down has some meaning and power. Then it’s just a test of their willpower if they can adhere to it

But without the harmful element, I don’t see a need to put a “never” boundary down?
Old 02-21-2022, 10:57 PM
Sarnak

No one ever really quits. They return in their mind or they log in years later. See you in a couple years OP.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Normally saying “never again” is because the thing was harmful

People might say I’ll never touch [x] drug again or gamble again, or play [x] game again because some bad circumstances resulted that they don’t want to experience again. Then putting a mental boundary down has some meaning and power. Then it’s just a test of their willpower if they can adhere to it

But without the harmful element, I don’t see a need to put a “never” boundary down?
Me and benzodiazepenes, in a post
Old 02-22-2022, 09:20 AM
Banned

You're right about the never part. I have tried unsuccessfully over the years to do harm reduction. Be more responsible. And it's burned me every time to the point where I get kinda anxious if I am going to actually try playing. Logging in and killing 1 mob for an hr and afking for the rest of the day doesn't really work with this game. In the long run.

So I skirt around that by posting too much.

EQ was an still is a really great game and was a big part of my life.

So like tldr abstinence is like the only way r now. And probably forever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just wanted to express my grief over the loss of EQ for me personally.
Last edited by starkind; 02-22-2022 at 09:30 AM..
Old 02-22-2022, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Cihys

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-22-2022, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

c u in thurgadin
Closed Thread