Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-30-2023, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember hearing how Putin blamed the mutiny on us saying we want to see Russians kill each other or something

And if I were president it would be tempting to respond with a simple, deadpan, “yes”

Like seriously? Is this guy going to clutch pearls over the fact that the rest of the world wants bad things for Russia? How naive is he pretending to be??
Russia invented this thing called a samovar that Persians use to make tea

Other than that I have nothing good to say about them in my many encounters over the years in oil and natural gas. That said, I’ve worked with Russians, Vietnamese, Chinese, Venezuelans, and a few others and I didn’t like them much either. Maybe it’s just petroleum engineers are dickheads everywhere (the Vietnamese were mechanical and this was when I worked for a company that designed and built ship thrusters)
Old 07-04-2023, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Ukraine saying they have intelligence about Russia planning to attack the Zaporizhzhia plant, also having an interest in staying within the Western psyche as largely as possible, increasing the likelihood of Western funding:

America in the back nodding yes sarcastically:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

With respect to Wagner, America's comparative reluctance in recent decades to participate in realpolitik and spycraft in Africa and the Middle East has allowed Wagner to fill the vacuum, propping up strongmen to secure oil and gas fields, solidifying the Russian share of the market and propping up the price, enriching Putin and his oligarchs. I blame a succession of Democrats followed by a reality TV star followed by Weekend at Bernie's. The terrorists have truly won. And Putin is at risk of losing that lol

We're trying carrots while Russia and China use sticks. And we used to have one of history's most feared sticks.
Last edited by Lune; 07-04-2023 at 01:51 AM..
Old 07-04-2023, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

the fuck is going on over there...
Old 07-04-2023, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the fuck is going on over there...
Its called owning each other ya gummy bear.
Old 07-13-2023, 06:06 PM
Banned

Lol he’s “resting” huh?

Resting at the bottom of a lake somewhere?

Would be funny if one of the Russian higher-ups came out wearing his face like Learherhead to try to pose as him. “Hello, everything is fine”

That dude dead, yo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2318.jpg (20.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-13-2023, 07:23 PM
Banned

As long as you unconditionally love him, you're doing your part.
Old 07-19-2023, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Per recent NYT article, Ukraine has lost something like 20-30% of some types of equipment we've provided for them during this offensive.

Seems as though Russian military doctrine, organization, and equipment works far better on the defensive than the offensive. Which is reasonable; since the dissolution of the Soviet Union, they would have had zero chance going on the offensive against NATO.

I think Ukraine would have needed air support with some degree of air superiority over the front to make this work, and that's particularly difficult vs. Russia. In some ways their AA capabilities may be superior to ours.
Old 07-19-2023, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Per recent NYT article, Ukraine has lost something like 20-30% of some types of equipment we've provided for them during this offensive.

Seems as though Russian military doctrine, organization, and equipment works far better on the defensive than the offensive. Which is reasonable; since the dissolution of the Soviet Union, they would have had zero chance going on the offensive against NATO.

I think Ukraine would have needed air support with some degree of air superiority over the front to make this work, and that's particularly difficult vs. Russia. In some ways their AA capabilities may be superior to ours.
Russia has been firing 60,000 artillery shells a day

We could fuck them up with US air power, but in this type of war, they’re a tough opponent. The good thing is they are governed by midgets and thieves, the bad news is the Ukrainians are also governed by midgets and thieves

Either way, long term they’ve made themselves more dependent on China, they’ve sent their intelligentsia overseas, and they’ve armed and trained their Muslims + given them seething resentment. Russia is a shit hole that will lose significant territory in the next 25-50 years
Old 07-19-2023, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol he’s “resting” huh?

Resting at the bottom of a lake somewhere?

Would be funny if one of the Russian higher-ups came out wearing his face like Learherhead to try to pose as him. “Hello, everything is fine”

That dude dead, yo
Why do all of these Russian military leaders look like vampires. I bet growing up in Russia would be frightening
Old 07-30-2023, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

Meanwhile, the war in Ukraine drones on.
The Russian forces (who should really slow down), continue to crash against the combined (get it?) might of farmers and their heavy farm equipment.
News reel at 8pm Norrath time.