Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-02-2023, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

Europe could stop exports of Russia oil in tankers globally to a great extent for a year if they wanted to. India and China are getting insurers on line but it’s taking a while, especially in China

You’d need to talk to a commodities trader to understand this fully. One of my friends left engineering and works for Total at their trade desk in Houston and I asked him how this cap worked (and how it could be enforced) a few months ago because it also didn’t make sense to me
Old 03-02-2023, 02:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, because there is limited supply of anything at any certain price. And the oil market isn’t purely supply and demand, it’s extremely speculative so it doesn’t fluctuate at quickly as things are bought. It’s not even really a market

There is not enough Brent for the entire planet, not enough west Texas intermediate for the entire planet, etc

Either way, Russia isn’t imminently going bankrupt, but it did help
OK that helps. I had thought Brent was some standard price for all Western oil.

But I still think Russia sold all the crude oil they intended to sell, and first.
Old 03-02-2023, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

I don’t understand it enough to refute that point further, but to the extent I do understand it and especially talking to a commodities trader, it has had a major reduction in Russia profits

That said, they still are making profit. They are a petro state and India and China haven’t joined sanctions, plus India is moving BIGLY into tanker insurance
Old 03-02-2023, 02:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t understand it enough to refute that point further, but to the extent I do understand it and especially talking to a commodities trader, it has had a major reduction in Russia profits

That said, they still are making profit. They are a petro state and India and China haven’t joined sanctions, plus India is moving BIGLY into tanker insurance
Dollars to donuts there's already a WTO lawsuit ongoing over it.

And here we are attempting to discuss it as the laity.

So we've got that going for us, which is nice. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2023, 02:53 AM
Planar Protector

India is going to be a superpower by playing China, Russia, and the U.S. against one another. That’s the only takeaway from Russia v Ukraine
Old 03-02-2023, 02:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
India is going to be a superpower by playing China, Russia, and the U.S. against one another. That’s the only takeaway from Russia v Ukraine
i see this happening too.

one thing im not processing tho is how they are gonna work out their trust issues in the military and gov't. like the indian army thinks the navy is trying to take over, and vice versa.

same things go on in the various offices of indian gov't, and their birthright caste system, its all holding them back.

and the fact that their entire society from the trash collectors all the way up to the president couldn't function without bribery.

you can't even get a drivers license without giving the guy at the indian DMV office an extra consideration.

the people are hard working, their cultures are much more homogenous, and they produce alot of great minds. but they won't be a super power until they get out of their own way

and build a nuclear triad.
Old 03-02-2023, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i see this happening too.

one thing im not processing tho is how they are gonna work out their trust issues in the military and gov't. like the indian army thinks the navy is trying to take over, and vice versa.

same things go on in the various offices of indian gov't, and their birthright caste system, its all holding them back.

and the fact that their entire society from the trash collectors all the way up to the president couldn't function without bribery.

you can't even get a drivers license without giving the guy at the indian DMV office an extra consideration.

the people are hard working, their cultures are much more homogenous, and they produce alot of great minds. but they won't be a super power until they get out of their own way

and build a nuclear triad.
It’ll be economic more than military. #2 economy by 2050
Old 03-02-2023, 03:03 AM
Banned

I would like to do tourism things in India
Old 03-02-2023, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to do tourism things in India
2nd

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2023, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2nd

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just hope she's an Indian Giver.
She gives, and takes it right back.