Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 02:51 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default De Leveling...

Greetings,
I would like to bring up an issue that i'm sure has already been talked about. I understand PvP Player versus Player, all fine and dandy. Twink a character some what so you're a more dangerous person to run into, again, that's all fine and dandy to. But lets be real here, to take say a ranger and level him to 60. Go through raids and the long brutal process of obtaining those awesome epics *Swiftwind and Earthcaller* i believe they're called. So now this ranger is just about done it all! feels great, strong and proud and more than equipped enough to give fellow 60s a great run for their money. NOPE! instead, lets throw all pride and honor out the effin window and go repeatedly die until he has reached the sweet 20s again. Then goes out and literally hunts down other level 20s to slaughter them. It's not PvP, that is straight up slaughter. The poor guy has a better chance of taking a hill giant by himself rather than fend off the epic geared ranger...

GMs, can nothing be done about this? It's an exploit, nothing short of cheating to go and ruin others gaming experience.

Just tonight i was on, grouped with my father (Cleric) my brother (mage) me being a druid. Exping having a great time when an epic geared ranger starts tearing me a new one. We all tried everything we could to take him down. After a while of trying we all ran out of mana and only got him to 80%. Had no choice but to zone and gate asap to get away from this guy who should be out partaking in lvl 60 pvp. Not out prancing around to purposely go grief other players.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

Delevelling epiced and planar geared characters for pvp is considered griefing.

Pretty sure they used to eat bans.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:10 AM
Kobold

Exed is the only delvl ranger on the server
Old 07-20-2015, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

Could be worse, back in the day you'd actually keep your skills at the same level when you deleveled. Good luck beating a level 20 epic fungus rogue when he has 200+ weapon skills and offense. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

It's fine someone will log on his account and delete all his gear again.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:12 AM
Planar Protector

A de leveled epic ranger killed you once and you post a thread about it. Yeah rather have 60 pop then you crybaby pixel fucks holy shit.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:27 AM
Fire Giant

Default .

de leveling was even more over powered on live

You kept your attack and defense skills from the higher level. That was the way it was on live for a pretty long time.

So consider yourself lucky that's not the case here.

As far as an exploit goes. Nope.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

So a de leveled guy kills you once and you move two adjacent zones to level he becomes oor in like two days or less depending on your alotted play time.

Op is so basic it's not even funny.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Omg not to get bent out of shape and on a tangent but this shitty thread took a turn for the worse when I read his dad and brother were in group. The whole fucking family seems basic, 1v1 checkers might be your thing.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

Good news is Earthcaller doesn't proc until what 50? I don't think it continues to proc once you delevel or you wouldn't have been zoning.

It does stink that this is possible but its part of the server hope they get bored and don't follow you. Stupid suggestion but its only way. That or level out of their range asap because they aren't going to level up just because you do. That is how and why they play the game and you just have to take the bad with the good sometimes.

One thing you will learn is don't let them know it bothers you if it does. Some people I have seen on this server get off on that and will actively look to grief you when they can because your response validates it for them. Trolls and Griefers live for what you did in the OP it validates them.

Anyway good luck if you ever get stuck somewhere and need help with a nasty cr let me know I cant buff or rez but that's something I can do.
Closed Thread