Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: What do you recommend me to play?
Play Counter-Strike 2.0 only. 6 13.64%
Play EverQuest Project 1999 only. 30 68.18%
Play Oldschool Runescape only. 2 4.55%
I don't know. 6 13.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2023, 01:34 PM
Skeleton

Location: Germany, Rhineland-Palatinate, Neustadt an der Weinstraße
Talking Best multiplayer games of any genre that last for the next 100 years?

Hello. I was playing cs:go, guild wars 2 and call of duty MWII and the only reason I like to play multiplayer games more than singleplayer is because it feels like your time spent isn't wasted. For example, I can be a speedrunner for 50 years playing the same two singleplayer games, e.g. Rayman 3 and Warrior Within. If speedrun world record or not, after these 50 years, what have I really achieved?

That's why I like to play multiplayer games because grinding is fun and ranking up also. You can build your character, inventory, rank or whatever. But when I played MWII grinding for camos I realized there's gonna be a new call of duty, potentially MWIII in November 2023 and this current MWII is gonna be obsolete. I also got bored of playing cs:go and guild wars 2 so I searched for the best old mmos and I came up with guild wars 2, oldschool runescape, Tibia, Ultima Outlands, and EverQuest Project 1999.

Now I peaked at all the games I just mentioned and I came to the conclusion that I don't want to click things in runescape for 99 stats so Project 1999 is indeed the best mmo ever made. It's just more fun than all the other mmos. I made a Barbarian Shaman and am level 5 and a friendly player ported me to Freeport. I just wanted to ask you guys, let's say I'm 26 years old and I want to spend my time on one or two games only and when I'm old I can still play those games.

Does anyone of you know which games would be lasting another 100 years from here on out? Does the Project 1999 servers last 100 years into the future? The player ingame who helped me said Project 1999 wouldn't even last another 50 years but if we're honest, there is no other game like EverQuest Classic and if the servers of P99 happen to come offline someday, won't there still be a community that makes a new server and puts the people in there somehow? It seems like the EverQuest community is not decreasing but is steady, even gaining new players today.

I just wanna know what kinda games you recommend me to play that will still be popular in 50+ or 100 years? In my opinion Oldschool Runescape and CS2.0 seem like the best bets when it comes to that but I'm not sure. I just don't want to buy a new cod every 2 years and cs:go or cs2.0 is cool but I can't play that game alone forever.

Do you guys actually only play Project 1999 and nothing else? Is that what I should do? Because I've been playing like 5 different games all together at once and I got burned out quickly from this ****.

Also from these mmos what do you think is the best and why? Guild Wars 2, Ultima Outlands, Tibia, Oldschool Runescape, EverQuest Project 1999. Is it worth it to spend my time in EverQuest Project 1999 or will it all be for nothing once the community died and noone plays it anymore? That's what I'm asking here.
Old 05-22-2023, 01:40 AM
Banned

i aint reading all dat
Old 05-22-2023, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Interesting basis of a study to investigate personality and mindset factors on perceived value of social hierarchical systems in games. Leaderboards do seem a popular design element.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-22-2023, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Left 4 Dead and Killing Floor.
Old 05-22-2023, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

poll was terrible

hope this helps
Old 05-22-2023, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

league of legends ARAM
Old 05-22-2023, 11:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
league of legends ARAM
Literally the only fun part of LoL
Old 05-22-2023, 11:21 AM
Kobold

@OP if you haven't learned that video games are a massive waste of time by now, your life will end up in a dark, damp room at age 45, alone, poor, and empty.

Video games are a pastime, like watching TV or masturbating. In the end you have nothing to show for it, and you would have been better off developing yourself as a person or spending time doing a meaningful hobby.

Yes, P99 will be around for a long time, but the only people who will continue to play it are also shutins in a damp, dark room. Don't be that person.
Old 05-22-2023, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@OP if you haven't learned that video games are a massive waste of time by now, your life will end up in a dark, damp room at age 45, alone, poor, and empty.

Video games are a pastime, like watching TV or masturbating. In the end you have nothing to show for it, and you would have been better off developing yourself as a person or spending time doing a meaningful hobby.

Yes, P99 will be around for a long time, but the only people who will continue to play it are also shutins in a damp, dark room. Don't be that person.

I'm in the middle of a 12 hour valve replacement surgery on a 2 week old premie or I would detail for you, sir, that some of us are neuro-atypical, and simply have to multi-task.

EQ was a gift.

Tiny scalpel.
Old 05-22-2023, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry, that was meant for the nurse.