Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-09-2023, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Default Best server for exploring/free movement

What is the best server for free movement and exploring that also includes some expansions? Something with ultra fast leveling and fast travel (am I describing live?)

Since I never awakened the sleeper, I’d be curious to see what he looks like in all his glory. Same with Mayong Mistmoore.
Old 04-09-2023, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

live !

bertox, aggnar and yelinak r now, soon to be oakwynd hope this helps!

also the npc/ and quest text is accurate and database 100% correct !

FV is ok if u want to drop some krono

you don't really need to make plat/buy/krono unless u want to box and you don't need to box before lvl 90/100 and u can get a free herioc 85 or just play the game like normal and not use defiant/mercs if u are so inclined (recommend agnarr for that as its LOY/LDoN enabled so it has veksar and i think solusek C as well? and some other nifty things)

bertox is also fine if u just want a free account u can set "loot defiant to never" and just twink ur own characters/explore TSS as intended etc....
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-09-2023 at 11:42 AM..
Old 04-09-2023, 11:43 AM
Banned

There's a small percent chance to 'wake' the Sleeper on TAKP.

It doesn't deny pixels but he does go buck wild for a bit.
Old 04-09-2023, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
live !

bertox, aggnar and yelinak r now, soon to be oakwynd hope this helps!

also the npc/ and quest text is accurate and database 100% correct !

FV is ok if u want to drop some krono

you don't really need to make plat/buy/krono unless u want to box and you don't need to box before lvl 90/100 and u can get a free herioc 85 or just play the game like normal and not use defiant/mercs if u are so inclined (recommend agnarr for that as its LOY/LDoN enabled so it has veksar and i think solusek C as well? and some other nifty things)

bertox is also fine if u just want a free account u can set "loot defiant to never" and just twink ur own characters/explore TSS as intended etc....
How long does it take to get to level 70 on live?
Old 04-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

not long at all like a few weeks at most

you get vetran aas on live i think? idk may be just if subbed but with steadfast servent, lesson of the devoted, defiant gear its quick i got my berserker to 65 on vaniki super fast like two weeks ish? still needs work but i just wanted to solo with a necro so went to agnarr instead (no mercs, no defiant) i've been derping around for about 3 days played and finally hit 14

exp on agnarr is about the same as on takp i think its a little slower to be honest, its easier at the lower lvls (under 12) tho.

fastest way to level on a live server is grab a caster dps merc and do the quests that give defiant or - equivelent defiant gear from the heros journey, you'll be lvl 50+ in a week and 60 by the time u finish out gorukar mesa, its tempting to skip to a higher lvl zone and do those quests... just exp off the light blues and greens and get the gear its better than the levels.
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-09-2023 at 01:49 PM..
Old 04-09-2023, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

So I ended up having a rather high level mage on live, like 85. But I seriously don’t remember getting him that high. It’s been 7 years since I’ve logged on but I’m pretty sure I was max level 70.

Anyway I got to see what I wanted to see and don’t think I’ll ever be returning. So sad to see what they have done to the game. Granted, most people werent willing to play the game locked in velious.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a small percent chance to 'wake' the Sleeper on TAKP.

It doesn't deny pixels but he does go buck wild for a bit.
then 2 weeks later the warders respawn

classic EQ done right
Old 04-09-2023, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Takp is a great server for the kill mob x get y loot ding aa z make alt gamma kinda play. It's a really great server and community. A model for moderation and GMing.

Npc and quest database has a lot of replicative failures tho. I'm after the real quest * db and mob query stuff. And can look past the 2016+ - DBG stuff. It's not cramping style (plus some of it is nice, as a casuall). So I chose live.

Takp is definitely respectable if velious is boring. And a lot of the cool luclin stuff is mostly there. So it works out ok.

My feelings r not hurt that u don't like live. It's not for everyone. It shouldn't be discounted tho.
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-09-2023 at 11:40 PM..
Old 04-10-2023, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the best server for free movement and exploring that also includes some expansions? Something with ultra fast leveling and fast travel (am I describing live?)

Since I never awakened the sleeper, I’d be curious to see what he looks like in all his glory. Same with Mayong Mistmoore.
Play Catan

My family gets so mad when I destroy them, I love it

Women are sore losers, I don’t care what anyone says