Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-10-2023, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

Journey update, 157lbs this morning. I've been in the gym hard for like 5 months, still skating a good bit too. I'm starting to really get close to my ultimate goal.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is my worst picture of myself, august of 2020. My journey actually began in Feb 2020, so I had already been losing weight for like 6 months in this picture. I was honestly too ashamed to take a pic of myself at my worst, so just imagine this picture, but much more fat.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And this is me this morning, after a little more than 3 years of transformation. The journey has had it's ups and downs but I am very proud of how I look now. I'm starting to legit look like a human monk.

Have a nice day guys, Happy Easter.
Old 04-10-2023, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Journey update, 157lbs this morning. I've been in the gym hard for like 5 months, still skating a good bit too. I'm starting to really get close to my ultimate goal.

This is my worst picture of myself, august of 2020. My journey actually began in Feb 2020, so I had already been losing weight for like 6 months in this picture. I was honestly too ashamed to take a pic of myself at my worst, so just imagine this picture, but much more fat.

And this is me this morning, after a little more than 3 years of transformation. The journey has had it's ups and downs but I am very proud of how I look now. I'm starting to legit look like a human monk.

Have a nice day guys, Happy Easter.
Hell yea man. Definitely noticeably bigger shoulders, neck, arms, in addition to the fat loss, also now having that desired V shape

WTG keep it up yo
Old 04-11-2023, 11:36 AM
Banned

Asmon said he won’t exercise because he doesn’t see a benefit to video game playing

Doesn’t realize that exercise improves cognitive function especially as we age (cognitive function continues to decline past ~30)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 04-12-2023, 05:07 PM
Banned

Saw this on a yahoo article, from Ariana Grande:

“Grande is no stranger to addressing comments made about her body. Back in 2015, after being called a "stick," she wrote that shaming statements about anyone are not OK. "We live in a day and age where people make it IMPOSSIBLE for women, men, anyone to embrace themselves exactly how they are. Diversity is sexy! Loving yourself is sexy!” Grande shared, “You know what is NOT sexy? Misogyny, objectifying, labeling, comparing and body shaming!!! Talking about people’s body’s as if they’re on display ASKING for your approval / opinion. THEY ARE NOT!!!! CELEBRATE YOURSELF. CELEBRATE OTHERS.”

- If you put your photo online, it is fair game for any kind of comment, including super negative. If you can’t handle it, maybe try not putting your photo out there, or if that is unavoidable, maybe not reading the mean comments

I love women bitching about people being critical of their looks, without realizing that in the fitness community men not only have to do just as much blood sweat and tears to stay at or around 10% bodyfat, but also have to put on a shitload of muscle. Many, many times more effort to look a certain way. You can get a little taste of that effort and put on some muscle to not look like a “stick”. But cry on
Old 04-15-2023, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

If you as a man care about how you look as much as a woman, you are gayer than Pokesan’s priest
Old 04-16-2023, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you as a man care about how you look as much as a woman, you are gayer than Pokesan’s priest
Aesthetics matters to many men, but it’s usually not the main objective, nor is it for me. I like to be fast and functionally strong first and foremost, and to try to do it in a way that is the most aesthetic secondly. Not caring about aesthetics is perfectly fine, but it will usually result in neglected and over-used muscles creating a weird look (too small legs, arms, shoulders, or whatever). If someone doesn’t care about that, even though it probably could be fixed with some small adjustments, then you do you, I say to them

Anyway, I’m gonna be gone from here I think for a bit. It’ll be up to whoever to keep this thread going and my guess is it’s gonna die. I will prolly try to post one more “Goal achieved: best shape of my life at 40” pic around when I turn 40 this year, a few months out.

Right when I started to mention being invested and emotionally vulnerable to gf she got distant and wanted a break. That was this week. Stung a bit NGL. I couldn’t help but get clingy, she was pretty awesome

Anyway, Tinder to the rescue as I cycle through the stages of grief. Meeting this pilipina hottie this coming wknd, she texts a lot. Wanted to put a pic of me and her on fb bc gf still on fb as friend, but not spiteful and passive aggressive like that

Anyway, sorry I’m not gone but basically am for a bit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3A3F4B9F-0095-4FCA-BBFE-41C98F798687.jpg (22.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aesthetics matters to many men, but it’s usually not the main objective, nor is it for me. I like to be fast and functionally strong first and foremost, and to try to do it in a way that is the most aesthetic secondly. Not caring about aesthetics is perfectly fine, but it will usually result in neglected and over-used muscles creating a weird look (too small legs, arms, shoulders, or whatever). If someone doesn’t care about that, even though it probably could be fixed with some small adjustments, then you do you, I say to them

Anyway, I’m gonna be gone from here I think for a bit. It’ll be up to whoever to keep this thread going and my guess is it’s gonna die. I will prolly try to post one more “Goal achieved: best shape of my life at 40” pic around when I turn 40 this year, a few months out.

Right when I started to mention being invested and emotionally vulnerable to gf she got distant and wanted a break. That was this week. Stung a bit NGL. I couldn’t help but get clingy, she was pretty awesome

Anyway, Tinder to the rescue as I cycle through the stages of grief. Meeting this pilipina hottie this coming wknd, she texts a lot. Wanted to put a pic of me and her on fb bc gf still on fb as friend, but not spiteful and passive aggressive like that

Anyway, sorry I’m not gone but basically am for a bit
free bike lol
Old 04-16-2023, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
free bike lol
Single mother of 2 living in a bad part of town, with her apartment complex about to raise rates, who gave me many great memories and is still in contact as a friend (which usually doesn’t work but will be much easier with me dating again)…I have absolutely no issue with this

It’s generally what can happen when the girl is 10+ years younger and you start talking about things getting serious. To me it looks like cold feet

Ironically enough, speaking of aesthetics, it was that full body physique pic I posted her that really sold it with this pilipina girl. Tinder loves that kinda shit. So just in case anyone thought aesthetics doesn’t matter at all
Old 04-16-2023, 10:20 PM
Banned

To me the unspoken implication is “I’d like to be able to play the field before myself and esp my kids (her kids loved me) get more invested here. Maybe I’ll come back after I see more options”

And I’m thinking ok, you want to play the field? I’m not just going to sit on my ass like a goober while you do. Day 1 of Bumble (last 1 is the girl on the left)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4A86B56A-AE5D-40C6-8B96-EED41CEE13F5.jpg (19.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-18-2023, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

Sorry bro, never a time that doesn't kinda just suck. Get well soon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgif-2-77d65505a0.jpg (20.4 KB, 0 views)