Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-01-2022, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVictor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just hope that they will give more pets for necros. But I'm waiting for this EQ clone.
As in a necro gets something other than just a skeleton and a specture? I like that idea, but that's more of an asthetic thing we have to put on a lower priority atm.

Another cool thought is to take the Vanguard necro pet "build-a-pet" mechanic and actually have the various parts have visual changes. But I don't know we have plans for that.
Old 10-01-2022, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

I am pleased to see the name Vanguard pop up. For all its (many) flaws there was also a lot of good in there that can serve as inspiration. Glad to see it isn't entirely forgotten. The equip-a-pet feature was one of those good ideas whether represented graphically or not.

Small team is a double-edged sword. You won't be able to do everything you want to do, but it does serve the benefit of keeping you grounded, out of necessity, so you don't develop excess feature-creep and unending development fork-in-the-roads and delays.

Danth
Old 10-03-2022, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As in a necro gets something other than just a skeleton and a specture? I like that idea, but that's more of an asthetic thing we have to put on a lower priority atm.

Another cool thought is to take the Vanguard necro pet "build-a-pet" mechanic and actually have the various parts have visual changes. But I don't know we have plans for that.
If Necros have a "root" spell, you should animate zombies popping out of the ground and holding the legs of the mob.

Would be pretty cool.
Old 10-03-2022, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

no, green blobs lol
Old 10-06-2022, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

I smell mission creep.
Old 10-22-2022, 06:33 PM
Kobold

Hey gang, been a bit since I updated here. I thought showing something neat I've been working on lately would be a good reason to post:

We're trying out using hair cards for the hair on characters. We want to have different hair options, and this is a good way to make a lot of options with not a lot of texture work. Also if we group clumps in specific sections we'll be able to still have longer sections that hang down show while you're wearing a helm. Test example here for your viewing pleasure. I know it's not ultra classic but we are modernizing things here and there if we think it can still fit in with our classic aesthetic goal. Lemme know what you all think. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2022, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Is that a deathknight helmet

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2022, 07:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that a deathknight helmet
Nope that's the Fighter (aka Warrior) helm the shadow knight's helm is probably cooler honestly, but I haven't modeled that one yet. I'm trying to get the tech art sorted with equipping it properly and such before making more stuff. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2022, 05:37 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindy Mars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool and original. You got my attention. It always seemed to me that creating graphic characters is very difficult, probably, as many people think that it is difficult to write texts. But my experience work with has made me a pro at it. From your work with graphics, it is also clear that you are a true professional in your field. Good luck to you.
Moving geometry can be really tricksy to get right. That looked really solid. I wonder if doors will push the player and what happens if they are pushed inside a wall etc
Old 10-28-2022, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

just make sure every item graphic appears on the skeletons please.