Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-28-2023, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Default Global warming. 🥶🥵🤠🤯🥸🥳

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Will not end all life on earth in the next century.

It will be fucking hilarious for poor ppl tho! 🥲🙃🤣🤭😵😱😈😼🙀🌈🌈🌈
Old 08-28-2023, 04:14 PM
Banned

If the concern is human contribution to carbon emissions, the earth was way more polluted in the 60s and 70s than it is today, because capitalism enables innovation which allowed internal combustion engines to become much cleaner and more efficient for less money.

The earth is fine, humans are fine, there should be more humans. Climate alarmism paradoxically kills more humans than driving your stupid SUV or whatever.

Oh also electric vehicles are much more likely to get you or somebody else killed in an accident due to their immense weight (because of the huge battery, which requires slave labor mining of rare earth minerals with insanely toxic byproducts to produce in the first place).
Old 08-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the concern is human contribution to carbon emissions, the earth was way more polluted in the 60s and 70s than it is today, because capitalism enables innovation which allowed internal combustion engines to become much cleaner and more efficient for less money.

The earth is fine, humans are fine, there should be more humans. Climate alarmism paradoxically kills more humans than driving your stupid SUV or whatever.

Oh also electric vehicles are much more likely to get you or somebody else killed in an accident due to their immense weight (because of the huge battery, which requires slave labor mining of rare earth minerals with insanely toxic byproducts to produce in the first place).
Youtube Certified
Old 08-28-2023, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cleaner emissions including unleaded gasoline didn't happen in a vacuum lol.
Old 08-28-2023, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Globopetro fanboi. Smoking cigarettes is fine, they been improved since the 50's.
Nailed it on the electric car thing though fOoloo. Good work.

You need more faith in the destructive powers of humanity. We can fuck things.
Thorium nuclear is the future.
Old 08-28-2023, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Whether you believe in climate change or not, there absolutely should not be more humans. Think about how much better our quality of life would be with 1 billion humans on earth instead of 8 billion, how much healthier and more beautiful our ecosystems would be. We're in the kickoff of another mass extinction and it sucks. Especially sucks if you love animals, which I do.

Btw I care more about toxic air pollution than climate gasses and in that realm, fuck internal combustion engines. Living near a road shortens the fuck out of your lifespan. Concern about the climate takes up far more of our zeitgeist than it should, compared to concern about pollution. I believe that may be the point. "Well the planet is probably fucked, but not for 500 years. Oh well, what can I do, and I won't be there /shrug" vs "Less toxic air and ground pollution is going to make it less likely for my children and I to get cancer and/or gynecomastia". Which one allows corporations to pollute more with impunity?

Capitalism is great and all but capitalism is the system bacteria live under. It doesn't give a fuck about the environment and has no answer for protecting the environment. Libertarians thinking tort law is capitalism's answer for environmentalism is hilarious. I wonder how they feel about young people suing corporations about climate change.
Last edited by Lune; 08-28-2023 at 06:17 PM..
Old 08-28-2023, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Capitalism is great and all but capitalism is the system bacteria live under.
How do you figure? I mean the rest of your post was dumb too, but this is extraordinary.
Old 08-28-2023, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whether you believe in climate change or not, there absolutely should not be more humans. Think about how much better our quality of life would be with 1 billion humans on earth instead of 8 billion, how much healthier and more beautiful our ecosystems would be. We're in the kickoff of another mass extinction and it sucks. Especially sucks if you love animals, which I do.

Btw I care more about toxic air pollution than climate gasses and in that realm, fuck internal combustion engines. Living near a road shortens the fuck out of your lifespan. Concern about the climate takes up far more of our zeitgeist than it should, compared to concern about pollution. I believe that may be the point. "Well the planet is probably fucked, but not for 500 years. Oh well, what can I do, and I won't be there /shrug" vs "Less toxic air and ground pollution is going to make it less likely for my children and I to get cancer and/or gynecomastia". Which one allows corporations to pollute more with impunity?

Capitalism is great and all but capitalism is the system bacteria live under. It doesn't give a fuck about the environment and has no answer for protecting the environment. Libertarians thinking tort law is capitalism's answer for environmentalism is hilarious. I wonder how they feel about young people suing corporations about climate change.
Oh not this argument, cmon. Okay cool man, there are too many people. We need to go!

But not you, of course.
Old 08-28-2023, 06:48 PM
Banned

Elon musk is right on this: More human minds existing = greater likelihood one of them will cure cancer or climate change or any other great task we collectively face.

Any other argument is just eugenics on some level
Old 08-28-2023, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Nobody needs to go, but less people need to be born.