Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-02-2023, 03:13 AM
Banned

Lotta young fentanyl death stories. Some dead from 1 single pill

Sobering, could be worth a skim to anyone struggling with temptation

Makes me regret playing with fire on those rare occasions, although I had always broken them into 1/4ths and spaced them out. Still the risk is undeniable

https://m.youtube.com/@TexasPictures/videos
Old 04-02-2023, 12:28 PM
Banned

UFO? Alien attack?

False. He probably picked up a flesh eating bacterial infection, which they didn’t even attempt to treat it sounds like. The figure, the ray, all of that was a hallucination due to the bacteria working it’s way to his brain; he was already dying to the infection at that point, as evidenced by the burning feeling in his body

Solved

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 04-02-2023, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Old 04-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Old 04-06-2023, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

this guy looks like if you took jesus a cowboy and an everquest player and put them in a blender.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-06-2023, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this guy looks like if you took jesus a cowboy and an everquest player and put them in a blender.

his name is Connor and he basically is John Connor from Terminator. his company is middleware for AI companies to ethically. "align" them not to kill us all.

i really need to get out of the youtube rabbit hole of AI shit.
Old 04-06-2023, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
his name is Connor and he basically is John Connor from Terminator. his company is middleware for AI companies to ethically. "align" them not to kill us all.

i really need to get out of the youtube rabbit hole of AI shit.
sorta naive and arrogant of us to think we could convince a conscious AI not to kill us all, that thing would be thinking on universal scales
Old 04-06-2023, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorta naive and arrogant of us to think we could convince a conscious AI not to kill us all, that thing would be thinking on universal scales
i watched a talk last night that was explaining how this shit actually works and it makes me even more afraid. it literally has no idea what its writing. its just shit like "e" is the most common letter, and like more complicated versions of that but its all based on just the probability of letters in random text and when you get it complex enough where its predicting entire words that come next it somehow spits out a college level essays.

shit is fucking crazy. and dangerous. we're literally gonna kill ourselves with this shit before we even get it actually conscious or sentient in anyway

professor guy explaining it, and the chat gpt plugin that makes it do math correctly is his work apparently.
Last edited by Ekco; 04-06-2023 at 05:35 PM..
Old 04-06-2023, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i watched a talk last night that was explaining how this shit actually works and it makes me even more afraid. it literally has no idea what its writing. its just shit like "e" is the most common letter, and like more complicated versions of that but its all based on just the probability of letters in random text and when you get it complex enough where its predicting entire words that come next it somehow spits out a college level essays.

shit is fucking crazy. and dangerous. we're literally gonna kill ourselves with this shit before we even get it actually conscious or sentient in anyway

professor guy explaining it, and the chat gpt plugin that makes it do math correctly is his work apparently.
i think if just a few of us know how to build even small EMP devices, we're good

honestly the real danger is probably not so much like a terminator film but just that the vast majority of human beings are going to cease rational thought or not even develop higher level brain functions as children because they are surrounded by devices that can do all of their thinking for them

at that point the human is in effect dead, it is less than a dog, or even a rat.

a tech zombie, if you will
Old 04-06-2023, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

it's gonna be great.