Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

oh wait never mind, the entire internet saw it coming. i forgot.
Idk what you’re talkin about there
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-16-2023, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk what you’re talkin about there
2014 - 2015 Bioware was the center of the universe in the war against misogyny. remembering the ending of mass effect reminded me that happened.

prolly a decent "down the rabbit hole" type video on youtube to sum it up or Internet Historian did one on it i think
Last edited by Ekco; 03-16-2023 at 05:23 PM..
Old 03-16-2023, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2014 - 2015 Bioware was the center of the universe in the war against misogyny. remember the ending of mass effect reminded me that happened.

prolly a decent "down the rabbit hole" type video on youtube to sum it up or Internet Historian did one on it i think
Culture war bullshit been brewin since at least then I see
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-16-2023, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
2014 - 2015 Bioware was the center of the universe in the war against misogyny. remember the ending of mass effect reminded me that happened.

I understand some of her frustration. My wife and I play some games together. One of them is Dungeons & Dragons Online. I have to do all of her inventory management, character advancement, map reading... all of that. Plus, she puts the mouse to the left of her keyboard, despite being right-handed, and uses her right hand and arrow keys to move around. It's weird. And just like in the real world, she cannot handle swimming.

On a console, she's a lot better, since the controller is two-handed, but she still cannot drive a car in-game to save her life despite doing it fine in real life. We played through Far Cry 5 and she could handle the shootouts but not the driving. It's either frustrating to watch (sober) or hilarious (stoned)

I am not saying that's all female gamers. But she and the person in part of your post seem to have a lot in common. She likes story-driven games, and Civ 6.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

We definitely don't sing the praises of cross dressing leaders or soldiers!

And the names below would never be used to inspire others!

花木蘭
Jehanne Romée
Ioannes Anglicus

And even if it was real we would not allow kids to read about this... it would be grooming!

This is only a now issue!
Old 03-16-2023, 05:29 PM
Banned

Also, everytime a white F-150 is nearby she says "fuckin' peggies" now
Old 03-16-2023, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand some of her frustration. My wife and I play some games together. One of them is Dungeons & Dragons Online. I have to do all of her inventory management, character advancement, map reading... all of that. Plus, she puts the mouse to the left of her keyboard, despite being right-handed, and uses her right hand and arrow keys to move around. It's weird. And just like in the real world, she cannot handle swimming.

On a console, she's a lot better, since the controller is two-handed, but she still cannot drive a car in-game to save her life despite doing it fine in real life. We played through Far Cry 5 and she could handle the shootouts but not the driving. It's either frustrating to watch (sober) or hilarious (stoned)

I am not saying that's all female gamers. But she and the person in part of your post seem to have a lot in common. She likes story-driven games, and Civ 6.
i just remember the complaint at the time being that maybe someone who doesn't even like video games shouldn't be the person writing complex western RPG video game plots instead of the nerdy dudes who got the job on merit that we were accustom to.

luckily for them the bad writing wasn't even a issue because they let a intern do the animation and most people focused on that for complaints.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:40 PM
Banned

I dunno about that, but I understand this was all years ago. I could write up a decent plot for a video game, but I can't program or code or whatever the hell one needs to do to make it.

I assume your average big media project needs a whole lot of both creative types and coder types. And some people are very likely both.

Started The Last of Us show last night, saw that Druckmann is credited on both the game and the show, that's pretty cool.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno about that, but I understand this was all years ago. I could write up a decent plot for a video game, but I can't program or code or whatever the hell one needs to do to make it.

I assume your average big media project needs a whole lot of both creative types and coder types. And some people are very likely both.

Started The Last of Us show last night, saw that Druckmann is credited on both the game and the show, that's pretty cool.
The show is great. Game is better. Show is good cause it follows game plot almost frame by frame.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Show is enjoyable because the mandalorian is a good actor and he represents the lone star state as he dispenses justice

Gotta love it baby. Hope s2 has Matthew from Uvalde