Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel bad for the guy but what a shit candidate. Glad I didn’t have to vote in his state. GA was easy.
Good thing the Trumptards picked one that was even worse. What is it with them and reality television scammers, must be a rural thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we got under his skin, he went on a maniac posting frenzy, and just started responding to everyone as if they were me.

but its alright, I can take it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are just making stuff up now, none of this actually happened. Even Jib admitted so.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you are confused lol. It’s been a good day though I like how none of these have devolved to name calling.
yeah once they go to name calling, they lost. immediately lost. you gotta beat people with superior concepts, when you call names, you're just taking your ball and going home.

Quote:
I feel bad for the guy but what a shit candidate. Glad I didn’t have to vote in his state. GA was easy.
I live in PA. fetterman is my senator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

my step dad is a die hard democrat and a die hard trekkie, and says fetterman looks like a klingon. I have to agree, he has a very klingon forehead.

I'd rather have a cardassian as a senator tho. maybe a romulan. they play for keeps. mad respect for klingons but they can't keep their shit together.

would be tough tho, cardassians and romulans allied with the dominion. that'll be tough to forgive...

ok, i'll settle for an Andorian senator. preferably female.
Last edited by Trexller; 02-16-2023 at 04:49 PM..
Old 02-16-2023, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Can you explain to me how tax cuts for the rich actually benefit people like us? Not being snarky I am genuinely curious how that would work.
Idk, a few reasons but IMO our biggest problem right now is that our goverment does not work for the people.

The people's only way to make them do that, is by withholding their funding. If the goverment is fully funded, while it bends us all over backwards, why the f would it stop bending us over backwards?

If we, the voters were mad at the people in charge, and took their tax collections away, then the goverment would need to start WORKING for it, and us again.

That's why.

If the goverment shuts down, it's not the republicans fault.

It's not the democrats fault.

It's our government's fault, it's not functioning. The answer isn't to throw more coal into the furnace.

When we feel as angry as all of us do at our goverment, our goverment should feel powerless... but right now they are even more powerful than I have ever seen them be before!
Old 02-16-2023, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are just making stuff up now, none of this actually happened. Even Jib admitted so.
I'm Batman.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah once they go to name calling, they lost. immediately lost. you gotta beat people with superior concepts, when you call names, you're just taking your ball and going home.

I live in PA. fetterman is my senator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

my step dad is a die hard democrat and a die hard trekkie, and says fetterman looks like a klingon. I have to agree, he has a very klingon forehead.

I'd rather have a cardassian as a senator tho. maybe a romulan. they play for keeps.
Rofl your step dad is accurate in his assessment. Man I’d go Picard for president in a split second. Which captain do you think would make best president of our time?
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 02-16-2023, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Rofl your step dad is accurate in his assessment. Man I’d go Picard for president in a split second. Which captain do you think would make best president of our time?
well in the woke startrek the federation made picard a boomer and wrong about everything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] so you're a trumper now too.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Oh man, Captain Benjamin Sisko for sure!!

See, Kirk is just a superhero, Picard is just a statue, but Sisko is REAL man, he is the most believable of all captains.

then Janeway is standing there going, "well shit man, how do i follow that"?
Old 02-16-2023, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk, a few reasons but IMO our biggest problem right now is that our goverment does not work for the people.

The people's only way to make them do that, is by withholding their funding. If the goverment is fully funded, while it bends us all over backwards, why the f would it stop bending us over backwards?

If we, the voters were mad at the people in charge, and took their tax collections away, then the goverment would need to start WORKING for it, and us again.

That's why.

If the goverment shuts down, it's not the republicans fault.

It's not the democrats fault.

It's our government's fault, it's not functioning. The answer isn't to throw more coal into the furnace.

When we feel as angry as all of us do at our goverment, our goverment should feel powerless... but right now they are even more powerful than I have ever seen them be before!
I think a good solution would be a week or more long workers strike across the nation until certain conditions are met. Will never happen though.

I still don’t see how tax cuts for the rich would benefit me. I kind of understand what you’re getting at, and in principle I completely agree. Our government isn’t working for you and I, but the people who have all the dough. Which isn’t you or I, so I still don’t really understand how tax cuts for the rich would help. I’ve always assumed raising taxes on the wealthiest folks would really help social programs and infrastructure (if the money actually goes where it’s supposed to, big what if).

I mean doesn’t it bother you how some of the wealthiest people and corporations in the country barely pay any taxes? Some of them none at all.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 02-16-2023, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize the national debt soared soared when the fatass you worship was president, and groomers like Gaetz raised the debt ceiling three times rather than risk his wrath for not kissing the ring?
I'm Batman.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well in the woke startrek the federation made picard a boomer and wrong about everything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] so you're a trumper now too.
I have not seen the federation. I’m a big next gen fan.
Closed Thread