Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also what’s this talk about supporting the GOP with it? I thought the site said the money was NOT being used for campaign funds and seems like it’s going right to Trump

That’s why I thought the entire idea would tank, I thought the only way people would be interested is if they thought it was going for their cause or something
Or retards like Dino who thinks its good for bitcoin, the crypto mindshare or whatever scammy shit they're currently trying to promote.
Old 12-20-2022, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Trump NFTs worth it just to watch Horza cry about it on Elf Forums
Old 12-20-2022, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or retards like Dino who thinks its good for bitcoin, the crypto mindshare or whatever scammy shit they're currently trying to promote.
It is good for crypto.

Anytime it's being utilized, it's promoting crypto.

When people use a currency, it's good for a currency.

I figured that would be self-explanatory....but apparently not.
Old 12-20-2022, 05:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You actually think NASA copyrights their images...

Lol jesus, you guys fall for everything.

What next? "TRUMP STOLE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!!"

It's called Public Domain.

That means you can freely use it without legal issues.
You're a fucking retard. It is abundantly clear you don't even have a remedial understanding of the subject.
Old 12-20-2022, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Whether the fair use doctrine applies to a particular work depends on several factors, and each case is looked at individually."

You posted it right there. Just because someone profits from a recreation does not exclude them from Fair Use.

Fair Use is commonly used to protect those who create entertainment for profit.

As long as you meaningfully alter the image enough to create something new, you're fine.

Which is why no one is bothering suing him over it.

Because they would lose.
I'm not going to give examples of why this is way beyond your understanding. Apparently I can copy a dollar, change a number or two, perfectly legal.
I can make my own pokemon cards, just change the color a little, then sell them as my own product.

Why doesnt everyone do this?
Old 12-20-2022, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Similar to the concept of copyright, the idea of a work being part of the public domain also varies depending on local legislation. The US and their respective international counterparts understand the terms ‘copyright’ and ‘public domain’ differently. However, a basic agreement exists – a work is considered public domain if one of the following applies:

The work is not eligible for copyright. This includes, for instance, anything that does not rely on an act of human creativity, pure facts or (by their own definition) any work created by a US government authority.

The copyright of the respective work has expired. For the US, this includes anything published anywhere around the world before January 1st, 1923.

The initial creator transferred the work into the public domain. This goes for any image licensed under the Creative Commons CC designation.

Which part of that says "steal copyrighted images, alter them slightly, then sell for a profit is legal."

Mens warehouse, amazon, walmart, and the other companies do not own their own art. Imagine that.
Old 12-20-2022, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRogers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to give examples of why this is way beyond your understanding. Apparently I can copy a dollar, change a number or two, perfectly legal.
I can make my own pokemon cards, just change the color a little, then sell them as my own product.

Why doesnt everyone do this?
China does it all the time, although it’s definitely not legal when they do. Fake Chinese knockoffs sold online

But ED has a point, if it is clearly illegal then it would also make no sense to not see a lawsuit about it, both to dissuade others from doing the same thing and to possibly get some settlement out of it. So the only argument there is a lawsuit may be coming
Old 12-20-2022, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Desperate Groomers tryin to create another Russia Collusion Hoax out of trading cards

Comical and Embarrassing
Old 12-20-2022, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Desperate Groomers tryin to create another Russia Collusion Hoax out of trading cards

Comical and Embarrassing
lol Elizondo offering insight.

Dude you couldn't pour water out of a boot with the instructions on the heel.
Old 12-20-2022, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by suptoofs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol Elizondo offering insight.

Dude you couldn't pour water out of a boot with the instructions on the heel.
lol triggered

They are going to appoint a Special Counsel to investigate Trump's superman cards any day now

Walls closin in for sure
Closed Thread