Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 01:48 PM
Banned

Default Massive Election Interference

Foreign interests have spent over $530 million influencing US policy, public opinion since 2017

canvas.jpg

So clearly we need to Sanction South Korea and Japan for their election interference. Anyone who suggests otherwise is a traitor. You can add any other country on that list as well -- since they all spent a great deal more influencing our elections than Russia did (which would appear to be $7 million at most).
Old 08-16-2018, 01:57 PM
Banned

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the subtext of your post is:

It's normal for nations to try and influence the election cycles of other nations in order to benefit from policy changes made by their prospective winner. We are crying wolf about Russia when this is a much bigger phenomenon.

Of course, the United States is also guilty of this. In fact, the CIA invented modern tactics of influencing elections.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/s...do-it-too.html

Quote:
Loch K. Johnson, the dean of American intelligence scholars, who began his career in the 1970s investigating the C.I.A. as a staff member of the Senate’s Church Committee, says Russia’s 2016 operation was simply the cyber-age version of standard United States practice for decades, whenever American officials were worried about a foreign vote. We’ve been doing this kind of thing since the C.I.A. was created in 1947,” said Mr. Johnson, now at the University of Georgia. “We’ve used posters, pamphlets, mailers, banners — you name it. We’ve planted false information in foreign newspapers. We’ve used what the British call ‘King George’s cavalry’: suitcases of cash.”

“I’m not in any way justifying what the Russians did in 2016,” Mr. Levin said. “It was completely wrong of Vladimir Putin to intervene in this way. That said, the methods they used in this election were the digital version of methods used both by the United States and Russia for decades: breaking into party headquarters, recruiting secretaries, placing informants in a party, giving information or disinformation to newspapers.”
Old 08-16-2018, 02:01 PM
Banned

Are you telling me that Hillary Clinton lost the election due to her own failure and not because of some kind of massive conspiratorial hijacking of our election process and government??

Well, sounds like a RUSSIAN BOT created this thread!
Old 08-16-2018, 02:04 PM
Banned

lobbying is different than state sponsored hacking

shutup glenn
Old 08-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

shutup glenn
Hacking voting machines?
Old 08-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

shutup glenn
They are different in the sense that one is bribing and the other is stealing.

But what we are talking about here is segmented political advertising. So you can put a dollar amount on the impact either way.

There is a dollar value of advertising the Russians spent on the 2016 election. That number is almost certainly much lower than many other countries -- some on that list are backward conservative Muslim societies I might add.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://youtu.be/VUSL3mYwTSc
Old 08-16-2018, 02:13 PM
Banned

wonkie, would you let a girl cum in your ass? dont worry about the physiological details its more of a spiritual question

i would
Old 08-16-2018, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are different in the sense that one is bribing and the other is stealing.

But what we are talking about here is segmented political advertising. So you can put a dollar amount on the impact either way.

There is a dollar value of advertising the Russians spent on the 2016 election. That number is almost certainly much lower than many other countries -- some on that list are backward conservative Muslim societies I might add.
that's a fine conversation to have and should happen but introducing it when the topic is cybersecurity involving the 2016 election muddies the waters and casts doubt upon the very real electronic threats we face from foreign powers.

we're losing that war, if you didn't notice.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:16 PM
Banned

Yes I hope the CIA improves their tech in this digital age. It's shameful to let. Russia seem like they are better at this game
Closed Thread