Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2018, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

I think someone legitimately pursuing that as a treatment option knows themself better than you, random internet user. Shrinks, psychotherapy as an institution, and traditional psych medication won’t work for every or mostly anyone. It’s not a hard science and letting certain neurotransmitters run loose in your brain isn’t a whole lot different than what a quack with a degree would suggest.

Getting down to brass tacks, a medical approach to mental illness is a let’s try this and see if it works, that is to say experimental, with a slew of crippling side effects in the name of mental health. Doing shrooms intelligently isn’t any worse and has a possibility of semi permanent positive results. You of course have to be willing to risk irrecoverably fucking up your head, too. Pro tip: any researcher working on this is willing to risk the same.
Last edited by Cecily; 08-15-2018 at 10:34 AM..
Old 08-15-2018, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please do not self medicate pals, it's very bad for you. In the unlikely event your trained, professional MSc. or Ph.D./MD degree-having therapist does put you on a hallucinogen, that's fantastic and exciting. But! Studies showing hallucinogenic drugs having the potential to help patients resistant to traditional mental health interventions tend to emphasize that A) the benefits are potential, cf. established or proven B) exclusively relevant to patients who have actually undergone and shown substantive resistance to traditional interventions forms.

The study referenced does not, and these studies as a class do not, in any way, shape or form suggest that you, internet user with no formal diagnosis, are likely to derive medical or psychiatric benefit from "microdosing" LSD on a self-medicating regime. Very much the opposite. Please do not do this. It is in very bad for you. If you aren't yet experiencing the bad effects, the odds are you will, but not until it's too late, and by then you will be longing for your minor depression days of yore.

If you struggle with mental health, please only take psychoactive medications in consultation with your trained, professional, MSc or Ph.D./MD degree-having therapist. Or, of course, if or once you are a sound mental health-haver, for recreational fun, in a controlled and responsible setting. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So, again, to emphasize a key point of this article that many people seem to miss when reading them,

researchers warn against self medication.
Good customer take these pills instead
Old 08-15-2018, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think someone legitimately pursuing that as a treatment option knows themself better than you, random internet user. Shrinks, psychotherapy as an institution, and traditional psych medication won’t work for every or mostly anyone. It’s not a hard science and letting certain neurotransmitters run loose in your brain isn’t a whole lot different than what a quack with a degree would suggest.

Getting down to brass tacks, a medical approach to mental illness is a let’s try this and see if it works, that is to say experimental, with a slew of crippling side effects in the name of mental health. Doing shrooms intelligently isn’t any worse and has a possibility of semi permanent positive results. You of course have to be willing to risk irrecoverably fucking up your head, too. Pro tip: any researcher working on this is willing to risk the same.
It's me, I'm the smart and reasonable person intelligently self-medicating based on reading the paper saying mushrooms have potential benefit for extremely small, specific patient subgrouping while ignoring same paper's warning against self-medicating. Hello! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2018, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's me, I'm the smart and reasonable person intelligently self-medicating based on reading the paper saying mushrooms have potential benefit for extremely small, specific patient subgrouping while ignoring same paper's warning against self-medicating. Hello! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there. I’m just your friendly neighborhood big pharma corporate shill here to remind you that consumers like yourself are incapable of making informed choices about your own health care. Get a degree first and we’ll talk. Also, don’t forget to ask your doctor if Effexor is right for you!
Old 08-15-2018, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a degree first and we’ll talk.
This, but unironically. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2018, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry to be the one to let you know any peasant can functionally understand specific areas of interest as well or better than a doctor.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:32 AM
Banned

isn't most acid fake now
Old 08-15-2018, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Could be! We’re a long time past 1960. I don’t do drugs people cook in their basement as a general rule.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my buddy did shrooms frequently

till his liver failed and now he cant even take a Tylenol without dialysys
Ya. My brother used cocaine til he pulled his hamstring. Now he cant walk without a cane.

Shrooms dont even effect your kidney. Your buddy probably ate pills for a couple years and destroyed his kidneys from the aspirin.
Closed Thread