Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Dude, your very first post in this thread had code for a script!

I'm done trying to be polite and welcoming. The very fact that you took offense at me saying "unless you're the kind of person who really can't enjoy a game without cheating, in which case GTFO" suggests that you are the kind of person who doesn't like playing by rules. Anyone who likes playing fairly would 100% agree with my sentiment that cheaters should GTFO (although again, I was not calling you a cheater).

All I can say is that karma is a bitch, and IF you don't play by the rules it will come back to bite you eventually. But personally I'm done trying to sway you, so you'll just have to learn that on your own.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-09-2018 at 06:25 PM..
Old 08-09-2018, 06:30 PM
Large Bat

Loramin it's clear you've never used a gamepad or advanced multi button mouse, or keyboard that can also do the same things.

I used my N50 back in the DAOC days and I did "cheat" by making a macro to create crafting equipment instead of sitting and watching it all day. You'd know why I did it if you ever crafted high level stuff in that game ha!

I used one in WoW (it was the N52 version) for obvious reasons (it's more comfortable/easier to deal with the huge number of abilities to use).

I don't use it in EQ because it's a slower game and i can click things on my keyboard/mouse just as easily.

In conclusion. that guy is not cheating. If a Dev comes on and tells him not to, I'm sure he'd be fine with stopping, but I wouldn't agree.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, your very first post in this thread a code for a script!
A script to strictly move 2 functions keys to another 2 keys in the gamepad. All internal, nothing to do with Everquest.

Quote:
suggests that you are the kind of person who doesn't like playing by rules, because no one else could possibly be offended by a sentence fragment that begins with "unless you ... can't enjoy a game without cheating"
Maybe you dont realize it, but just suggesting it that way, covering it with semantics, you're suggesting that I cheat just because I use a certain keyboard.

Quote:
All I can say is that karma is a bitch, and IF you don't play by the rules it will come back to bite you eventually. But personally I'm done trying to sway you, so you'll just have to learn it on your own.
And again, not calling me cheater one time, but twice just in your last post.
Thanks but I dont need your advice either your help, Loramir.
I agree. Im done too with this unfruitful conversation.

I keep playing in my Logitech Keyboard. No macros, never used them.
Im open to hear what GMs have to say about this matter. If the use of certain brans and models of hardware is forbidden, or if what Falamir is affirming is a fallacy.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are you an octopus?
Old 08-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Large Bat

My Corsair mouse can do the same stuff as a gamepad really. I just like it for the feel and extra buttons (that I do assign keys to, no macros). Should I be called a cheater too Loramin?
Old 08-09-2018, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin it's clear you've never used a gamepad or advanced multi button mouse, or keyboard that can also do the same things.
I have a steam controller; does that count? Also I'm a programmer by trade, so I understand the whole concept quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used my N50 back in the DAOC days and I did "cheat" by making a macro to create crafting equipment instead of sitting and watching it all day. You'd know why I did it if you ever crafted high level stuff in that game ha!
As a fellow tradeskiller (and not just a Shawl one) both here and on live I absolutely know why. And again, I'm a programmer, so I have massive RSI issues even when I'm not playing EverQuest. When I'm both playing EQ and tradeskilling in it my wrists just get destroyed (I usually need to wear wrist braces).

Quote:
In conclusion. that guy is not cheating. If a Dev comes on and tells him not to, I'm sure he'd be fine with stopping, but I wouldn't agree.
I think the jury is still out on that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But we agree that ultimately it will come down to him making his choice, and here in the forum we have no way of knowing which choice he makes. If he chooses to cheat he will get caught, eventually, because of karma and the staff.

And if OP is genuinely interested only in the non-programmable aspects of his keyboard, then great, the server has one new (rule-following) player and I can live with the fact that he thinks I'm an asshole. But if I were a betting man, this thread would not convince me to bet on that outcome.

Quote:
My Corsair mouse can do the same stuff as a gamepad really. I just like it for the feel and extra buttons (that I do assign keys to, no macros). Should I be called a cheater too Loramin?
I literally quoted the rules in a previous post, and they make it very clear that stuff like assigning a key to a mouse button is ok, because it's not letting you do anything special. You can't use it to tradeskill easier, you can't use it to "autofire" and have an unfair advantage on FTE, and just in general it doesn't automate anything. In other words, you can't cheat with it, and thus you aren't a cheater.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-09-2018 at 06:57 PM..
Old 08-09-2018, 06:49 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Thanks Bainers.
You're right. If a DEV tell me I cant use this or any other keyboard/mouse in any way, I'll just stop doing it.
Your house, your rules. I would think its silly, but I will abide by the server rules gratefully for the efford they all do running this server and keeping it alive.

Oh man, so much writing today. Im gonna play and enjoy.

See you in game!
Old 08-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Large Bat

I literally quoted the rules in a previous post, and they make it very clear that stuff like assigning a key to a mouse button is ok, because it's not letting you do anything special. You can't use it to tradeskill easier, you can't use it to "autofire" and have an unfair advantage on FTE, and just in general it doesn't automate anything. In other words, you can't cheat with it, and thus you aren't a cheater.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I do believe it does have advanced settings on it (my corsair mouse) to add delays, etc or a macro. I'm still new to the mouse and don't really care to get into that stuff anymore.

I think he was just a bit annoyed that you immediately called him a cheater. I wouldn't like that either unless it's someone in charge of the game. That's all, doubtful he hates ya! He was just trying to give friendly information is all from what I gathered.

P.S. new to posting so I don't think my quote of yours worked ha!
Last edited by Bainers; 08-09-2018 at 07:10 PM..
Old 08-09-2018, 07:09 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are you an octopus?
Would be great! But nah. Im just passionate with simulation games and guitar with no much room space.
Mostly been playing Elite Dangerous last months, but I play iRacing, Assetto Corsa... with a Virtual Reality Headset. I still miss mmorpg a lot, so I came to P1999.

Anyone tried Skyrim VR?

Old 08-09-2018, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
P.S. new to posting so I don't think my quote of yours worked ha!
It's easy to fix, just quote me again, copy the quote code (make sure to get the [ QUOTE = ] part at both ends), then edit your post and replace the broken quote with the correct/pasted quote code.

Last edited by loramin; 08-09-2018 at 07:13 PM..
Closed Thread