Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shucioh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should I use a CRT 17 inch monitor to play too? 😂 And there is no danger, I don even use Macros in EQ 😋 Its just hardware. Oh, I think my new fancy gaming chair allows me to play more hours. Cheat!
It has nothing to do with whether its software-based or hardware-based, and everything to do with having an unfair advantage over other players.

The rules against macros (including keyboard/mouse/gamepad programs) are there for a reason: if they weren't, people would use them to beat other people to a mob, or to trivialize learning tradeskills, or do other things that ordinary players with ordinary mice/keyboards/gamepads can't.

If you want to play on EverQuest server that doesn't keep things fair for everyone, go somewhere else. If you want to play here, play by the rules, and that means not using any mechanism to do things other players can't do.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:58 PM
Banned

How do you type with one of those things?

Never understood that.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

The G13 is really great and I'm sad they stopped making it.

Really the only thing I use it for are the thumb stick for movement and the like 6 buttons on the pad for jump, inventory and a few other things.

Using the G13 with an MMO mouse make it so much easier on the wrists lol.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has nothing to do with whether its software-based or hardware-based, and everything to do with having an unfair advantage over other players.

The rules against macros (including keyboard/mouse/gamepad programs) are there for a reason: if they weren't, people would use them to beat other people to a mob, or to trivialize learning tradeskills, or do other things that ordinary players with ordinary mice/keyboards/gamepads can't.

If you want to play on EverQuest server that doesn't keep things fair for everyone, go somewhere else. If you want to play here, play by the rules, and that means not using any mechanism to do things other players can't do.
I readed server rules, more than once Loramin. There is no reference to the hardware we can use. Not even about the macros, and I already said I dont use them. So dont assume I use them to afk leveling skills or something like that because I dont and I dare you to prove otherwise. So dont tell me Im not playing by the rules, because thats a lie.
So dont act childish and if you have a problem with this matter, repport me to any admin. Ill gladly talk with anyone about this issue if they think I should not use some specific hardware brands or models.
You should keep in mind that almost every actual gaming keyboard have macro functions, and that doesnt mean we are using macros in Project 1999. I may be a newbie here, but I play online games since 90's. Ive been always respectfull to server rules in online games.

So, Thanks but Im not going "somewhere else" just because you dont know what are you talking about.
If adminds / owners of P1999 think that way, they are the only ones with autority to tell me that.

/cheers

Quote:
How do you type with one of those things?

Never understood that.
You dont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You may use a classic keyboard to type. The gamepad is mostly for movements and easy access to spellbok and hotbars. All with your hand resting on it. Its very comfortable when playing for hours.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shucioh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Posting images:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=225633

Rules/Getting Started:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=159515

There's a start. But drop the emojis.

ps. Loramin is a good guy his advise is wise and fair.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 08-09-2018 at 03:49 PM..
Old 08-09-2018, 04:23 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
4.3. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999.

The use of any third-party programs on Project 1999, including but not limited to, Macroquest/Macroquest2(MQ/MQ2), ShowEQ(SEQ), or any other program that interacts with the Everquest Titanium Client, is strictly prohibited. Use of any third-party programs will be detected and will result in the permanent banning of your account(s). No exceptions will be made, and once a ban has been enacted for violation of this rule it will not be reversed.

Wineq2 by Lavishsoft is the exception to this rule.
No macros, so its just a fancy gaming keyboard. Cant see anything banning their use in the server rules.

Thanks about IMGUR info, I was wondering how to. I was using photobucket. Told you Im an old man with old habits.

The popular "gamepad"

My lack of desk space

Quote:
But drop the emojis.
I'll try @>--;--
Old 08-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I readed server rules, more than once Loramin. There is no reference to the hardware we can use. Not even about the macros, and I already said I dont use them. So dont assume I use them to afk leveling skills or something like that because I dont and I dare you to prove otherwise. So dont tell me Im not playing by the rules, because thats a lie.
So dont act childish and if you have a problem with this matter, repport me to any admin. Ill gladly talk with anyone about this issue if they think I should not use some specific hardware brands or models.
You should keep in mind that almost every actual gaming keyboard have macro functions, and that doesnt mean we are using macros in Project 1999. I may be a newbie here, but I play online games since 90's. Ive been always respectfull to server rules in online games.

So, Thanks but Im not going "somewhere else" just because you dont know what are you talking about.
If adminds / owners of P1999 think that way, they are the only ones with autority to tell me that.

/cheers
The "adminds" / owners of P1999 do think that way, and they have told you (with authority):

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159515
4.3. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999.

The use of any third-party programs on Project 1999, including but not limited to, Macroquest/Macroquest2(MQ/MQ2), ShowEQ(SEQ), or any other program that interacts with the Everquest Titanium Client, is strictly prohibited. Use of any third-party programs will be detected and will result in the permanent banning of your account(s). No exceptions will be made, and once a ban has been enacted for violation of this rule it will not be reversed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299
3. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999.

This is not limited to programmable keyboards or other input devices that creates multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task.

The second one has an added sentence that's particularly relevant for you (which I bolded).

And if you're still not convinced, here's Rogean (the head honcho) way back in 2012 saying the same basic thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=722090%7C
Programs that parse the log file are fine, as long as they do not do any type of automatic control/response/manipulation/macro on your character in place of manual control.
The simple point is that cheating is cheating no matter how you do it. But I wasn't pointing that out to get you to leave the server ... well, unless you're the kind of person who really can't enjoy a game without cheating, in which case GTFO.

But if you're here to play classic EQ, fairly, along with 1k+ other players who also play fairly, welcome! Just don't use your programmable keyboard to do things people without such keyboards can't do and you're golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<3

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-09-2018 at 04:35 PM..
Old 08-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Im sure he is. Its just it sounded like I was cheating, and I didnt like it. /peace&love
Old 08-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Im sure he is. Its just it sounded like I was cheating, and I didnt like it. /peace&love
You were cheating (as I outlined above), but I was not in any way trying to call you a cheat, or imply in any way that you were cheating on purpose. My apologies if I came across that way.

Many people (myself included) have cheated inadvertently here and in other games. Not knowing about a rule doesn't in any way make you a bad person: the bad ones are the ones that learn that what they were doing was against the rules, and yet keep doing it anyway.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:55 PM
Skeleton

So much trouble for a real simple matter.

Quote:
This is not limited to programmable keyboards or other input devices that creates multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task.
Those 2 implies macros, and I said several times I dont use them.

Quote:
If you want to play on EverQuest server that doesn't keep things fair for everyone, go somewhere else. If you want to play here, play by the rules, and that means not using any mechanism to do things other players can't do
You assumed since your first post than Im using macros. And ofcourse that pisses me off.
Without proofs and without knowing me you are calling me cheater. Nice way to welcome a new member to the comunity.
"...multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task..." Please any admind tell me if Im wrong, but what I understand from that sentence is that kind of use of the hardware is not allowed, and not like you suggested the hardware is not allowed itself. ¿See that Corsair Keyboard? Fully programmable too. That Razer Naga Mouse? Fully programmable too. ANY keyboard and any mouse is fully macro programmable with 3rd party software.
So, again, I still unsderstand what is said in the rules is that the automatized use of the keyboard or any hardware thanks to its own software or 3rd party software is not allowed. Not that the hardware itself is forbidden.

Quote:
The second one has an added sentence that's particularly relevant for you (which I bolded).
Quote:
The simple point is that cheating is cheating no matter how you do it.
You have a problem understanding what are you reading, Loramin. And seems you are really in a hurry to call me cheater. Do you really think they are bannig the use of any Cossair Keyboard, logitech, Razer, MSI and a long list of keyboards and almost all new gaming laptops that are fully key programmable too?

Quote:
You were cheating (as I outlined above), but I was not in any way trying to call you a cheat, or imply in any way that you were cheating on purpose. My apologies if I came across that way.
Youre wrong. I wasnt and Im not cheating. For 7th time, Ive never used "any type of automatic control/response/manipulation/macro on any character in place of manual control".

See, I dont think youre a bad guy trying to troll me or anything like that. I think you just dont understand what are you talking about.

I understand this from the rules. This simple;

1-Automatic control and response, client modification and the use of macros are forbidden.
2-No specific hardware is forbidden, but its not allowed to use any hardware as describe in point 1.

For me is prett simple, but again, if any Admin/owner think Im wrong, please let me know.

I play fairly, and thats why I choose p1999 to play. I like it the hard old way and that doesnt imply I have to play with a certain keyboard, mouse... whatever.

Quote:
unless you're the kind of person who really can't enjoy a game without cheating, in which case GTFO.
Not the best manners, Loramin.

3 days playing and Im still a lvl 4 newbie Iksar necro, Shucioh, just happy to enjoy rediscovering an old loved game. ¿Good enough?