Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-19-2022, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you all you right-wing folks I normally argue with constantly. This shit doesn't care about politics and it's clarified certain things about my perspective in the past few weeks.

Here's to hoping she's cured, gets old and gray with me, and that our in-network out of pocket maximum actually applies like it says it does on the paperwork. Maybe then we won't have to sell our house and move in with my mom. At least we have some options, there's worse things in this world.
My only concern is that, with as unquestionably retarted the world has turned out to be.

Is this vaccine going to actually harm me.

That is all I fucking care about.

Why would investigating that be so offensive to people?
Old 07-19-2022, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My only concern is that, with as unquestionably retarted the world has turned out to be.

Is this vaccine going to actually harm me.

That is all I fucking care about.

Why would investigating that be so offensive to people?
I'm not offended by that. There's a lot of things that we only found out how harmful they were until years later, after a buncha people had everyday contact with em. Asbestos, heroin, cocaine, lead, mercury, DDT, thalidomide, Roundup (still in stores i think, killed my uncle and the guy who is like two doors down from us here in the ward said he got his leukimia from roundup)

Who knows what other horrors we ingest daily. I was reading about the nitrates or whatever in a lot of charcuterie meats just a few days ago being linked to colon cancer. You know how much of that stuff I've eaten? Love it, and I was prone to colon cancer from day 1 based on my family history

Fingers crossed!
Old 07-19-2022, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Asbestos, heroin, cocaine, lead, mercury, DDT

lmao I wasn't THAT worried..

until now god dammit
Old 07-19-2022, 06:05 PM
Banned

that's just to name a few. a fun story is how and why the FDA was created. whatever we may think of the modern version, the origin story is special.

i reccomend the Behind the Bastards episodes on it, personally, but i'm a Robert Evans fanboy.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-b...drug-92316027/

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-b...drug-92423951/
Old 07-20-2022, 06:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's just to name a few. a fun story is how and why the FDA was created. whatever we may think of the modern version, the origin story is special.

i reccomend the Behind the Bastards episodes on it, personally, but i'm a Robert Evans fanboy.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-b...drug-92316027/

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-b...drug-92423951/
They're not there to be your friend or even keep you healthy. They're there to regulate how much poison you can legally have before it's a noticeable problem. Or how much rat hair and other things that go into your food be be permitted.
Old 07-20-2022, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're not there to be your friend or even keep you healthy. They're there to regulate how much poison you can legally have before it's a noticeable problem. Or how much rat hair and other things that go into your food be be permitted.
I am not claiming that they are. I don't have as strong opinion about it as I do the CIA, but no, I don't trust the industry-captured FDA. Still an interesting story about the horrors that went into food before regulation. I'm sure there's still a multitude of horrors but at least there's some consequences these days.
Old 07-20-2022, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

if the FDA is there to regulate poison why are there so many obese people?
Old 07-20-2022, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

imagine getting a PCR test (lol)
Old 07-20-2022, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if the FDA is there to regulate poison why are there so many obese people?
lifestyle is a bit trickier to regulate and poisons in modern food are probably the result of ignorance and/or corruption

that being said i'm about to have a diet coke. like a pawg
Old 07-20-2022, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure high fruticose corn syrup is poison.