Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-27-2022, 10:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogundordor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah that’s nice !! thank you very much!!!

i try only drag the latest d3d9.dll in ms folder and cpl.exe to my everquest folder, it makes mouse look works normal , no more red tint and able remove dgvoodoo watermark yay!!
Oh, did you resolve the mouse look issue as well? Did you set any specific configuration to fix that?
Old 06-27-2022, 07:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, did you resolve the mouse look issue as well? Did you set any specific configuration to fix that?
are you in full screen mode? as i remember full screen makes mouse look super fast
i play in windowed mode, set it looks like full screen in the ini file, set mouse optimum for game in pd setting, mouse speed =0 in game, it should be normal speed
when i drag all 4 dll file, i dunno why mouse look is slightly faster than normal,
if only drag d3d9, no red tint and normal mouse look
in cpl.exe i did some setting in directx tab, something like changed it to geforce 9800 and tons of ram, remove watermark
lighting effect seems improved, cpu temp keeps at 58c, running around feel smooth as normal, feel so good now yay
Old 06-27-2022, 08:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I managed to mount the ISO files and install the titanium client using the Crossover program. When executing the wrapping file the client produces the error message; 'Connection Failure: Could not establish a connection.'

I think I'm encountering this error because Crossover is trying to launch the .exe file instead of the 'launch titanium.bat' on execution. This is as close as I've gotten and I don't know how I would go about changing Crossover to run a different startup path.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:32 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello everyone,

i am having the same problem. I was fighting for hours to get this far. It's a nightmare to play on a Mac...

I used to play P1999 a couple of years ago on a windows machine... that was no problem at all.
Were you able to find a workaround for this?
Old 07-06-2022, 03:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furcifer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I managed to mount the ISO files and install the titanium client using the Crossover program. When executing the wrapping file the client produces the error message; 'Connection Failure: Could not establish a connection.'

I think I'm encountering this error because Crossover is trying to launch the .exe file instead of the 'launch titanium.bat' on execution. This is as close as I've gotten and I don't know how I would go about changing Crossover to run a different startup path.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
You should be able to install EQ Titanium fine on Mac, but if you are on Catalina or newer, once you copy over the P99 client files, it will fail to start loading EQ. This is due to their DSETUP.dll file.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlpacman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were you able to find a workaround for this?
There currently is no "WINE" workaround if you are on Catalina or newer. Only option is something like Parallels. This is what im using, as virtualbox/vmware did not allow me to adjust the mouse the way I would like. If you are on an older mac, you can run eq via wine just fine.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:39 PM
Large Rat

I'm on parallels right now, but i can't get past this error:

EverQuest cannot load the zone file "load_obj.s3d" in the directory that you are currently running EverQuest from. The file is present but it may be corrupt. \n\nPlease either reinstall or delete and re-patch this file.

I've set it to windows xp sp2 compatibility, and set the emulation mode to safe emulation
Old 07-06-2022, 03:42 PM
Large Rat

i should mention, i'm on a 2021 macbook pro with m1 pro
Old 07-06-2022, 03:53 PM
Aviak

I dont think the mac should matter, since as far as EQ is concerned, its a windows environment. Is the "load_obj.s3d" file in your directory. How are you starting the game. What does your shortcut properties look like?
Old 07-06-2022, 03:56 PM
Large Rat

yeah, load_obj.s3d is in there, i'm starting it with the a shortcut to eqgame.exe with patchme afterwards, i get past the login but right before showing character select i get the error.