Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 06-25-2022, 12:40 AM
Skeleton

35p was standard on vanilla green but some of these druids refuse and just take you cause theyre bored..
Old 06-25-2022, 01:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dial a Port DOES NOT work for tips. They are a PAID service. It's part of their rules. Some porters set prices and others do not. They are encouraged to set prices and the typical price is 1 plat per level or 50.
What are you on? DAP porters have NEVER told me how much they wanted for a port. I'm fairly sure you're completely wrong and that the opposite is true - it's in the DAP rules that they CAN'T demand or request compensation and can't even set a recommended price.
Old 06-25-2022, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

10-15pp for a port is more than fair at any level
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 06-25-2022, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10-15pp for a port is more than fair at any level
You've entered Toxxulia Forest.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you on? DAP porters have NEVER told me how much they wanted for a port. I'm fairly sure you're completely wrong and that the opposite is true - it's in the DAP rules that they CAN'T demand or request compensation and can't even set a recommended price.
well, mazoku has been in DaP for 13 years.
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Old 06-25-2022, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well, mazoku has been in DaP for 13 years.
Is that so? Weird, if so. I guess I've only met good, nice porters then. Literally every single one was so incredibly adamant about not giving me any kind of price that I figured it was part of the guild rules that they just can't ask for compensation.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

I played a wizard back in the day, have one on green.
Depends on your level/gear. For most,
level 1-20th Free-1pp
20th+ 1pp-5pp
50th+ 15-50pp ( location matters too, like say Emerald Jungle or Wakening lands should be 50pp+, there's a real chance for instant death)
My ports were always free back in the day and still are, because I knew how to make ridiculous amounts of money really fast. The people porting to make money are the ones that are going to complain. You never make a port class to make money, farming is exponentially faster. I can port to multiple locations and make 100's PP in minutes.
Last edited by NPC; 06-25-2022 at 01:18 PM..
Old 06-25-2022, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i never make a port class to make money, farming is exponentially faster. I can port to multiple locations and make 100's PP in minutes.
iam assuming ure talking about regular mobs since
named have phs. therefore i highly doubt your above statement.
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Old 06-25-2022, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
iam assuming ure talking about regular mobs since
named have phs. therefore i highly doubt your above statement.
My wizard 54th level, Highkeep guards, low level guards drop Fine steel everytime, there's a ton of them (10+), easy 100-200pp as fast as you can kill them. There's even a neutral vendor you can sell to after killing town guards here, so probably the best for most classes that have trouble getting around, even a bank too.

Treants South Karana, if they aren't camped, spawn in the same place every 4 min, drop coin like Hill Giants and items to sell for PP, only have 600hp. Best to destroy all your copper and silver at this camp, you get 1000's very quickly.

The 3 Ice Giants in Everfrost, best when no one is camping so you get all 3, trio/quading them makes very fast cash. Bit of Xp too
Old 06-25-2022, 04:26 PM
Large Rat

Usually 1pp per level, but typically 50p after level 50. If you're a youngin (lvl 1-20) with no plat will typically be free of charge. CRs are also free and Clerics should also ride free (thank you for all you guys do). Monks can tip in gems and can't hold anything past 24 weight without getting penalized.

Please tip your porters fair otherwise they will think it's not worth porting and move on to better things.