Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-05-2022, 05:41 PM
Aviak

I wish more groups would go back to the hole

When you get 25-30 ppl in KC its VERY slim pickings on mobs...lots of pulling whatever you can...people get mad when you pull from anywhere near their camp

The hole however can easily handle 30 people anytime

Bring back the hole!
Old 06-05-2022, 05:42 PM
Kobold

the game gets really boring past 54. too grindy pointlessly too. especially at double hell levels. 59 is just idiocy.

chardok, seb, hs... all good places since there is actual loot there too. but yeah boring as hell.
Old 06-06-2022, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Velks and seb are about the same odds for finding a pug. Velks slightly more likely since it’s right next to a port and thurgadin
Old 06-06-2022, 11:29 AM
Aviak

KC is the only place to reliably find PUGs or scrap together grps from lgf'er at entrance. i've been in chardok quite a bit lately at primetime and not any lfg'ers there, same with seb, seems to be more people looking for grps in seb but not sure how much luck they have. haven't been to velks/hs/hole in forever so can't comment really.
Old 06-12-2022, 10:51 AM
Orc

Your best bet is to make friends with a 60 enchanter. Then you can pretty much go anywhere in the game for exp and you won't be chained to a specific zone. Make sure you get both your Sebilis and Howling Stones key, they are pretty straight forward and easy to get.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Group_Hunting_Spots

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

If you're a class that can solo or makes a good duo/trio, go that route. Good solo/duo/trio spots:
-perma bear pits (pain to get to/from, so only go here if you want to park you character there for an extended period)
-Skyshrine cubes/Fe'Dahrs (xp is just ok, but chance for decent cash drops assuming you don't care about CoV faction)
-Howling Stones (make friends with a necro and profit)
-WL geonids
-2 level 50 giants at the bottom of the fort in frontier mountains
-phase spiders in DN if you can fear kite
-possibly 2nd floor or 3rd floor in CoM, though you'll start getting a lot of xp greens as you get closer to 60
-neriak foreign quarter arena (haven't personally done this camp, but I've heard it's good xp. city zones often have a high ZEM bonus)
-burning woods giant fort (respawns are pretty quick, solid xp for duo/trio if you aren't competing with anyone else for pulls)

If you're a group class, best spot to pug is KC because more people are there, but the xp gets pretty bad after 55 at LCY. If you have a guild, make a group and go hit sebilis or the Hole. The hole is empty now after the ZEM change, but the xp isn't that much less than it was. It's still a solid spot. Velks is and has always been pretty slow xp because the mobs are high hp. Get a kael plate house run organized and put yourself in the xp group and potentially get some armor upgrades if you're a plate wearer. The xp is actually really good if you get 2+ groups chewing through mobs since the giants in the plate house cycle are pretty high level.
Old 06-13-2022, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

You still can't beat Seb for a mix of XP and loot, nor the Hole for pure XP. Just have to bring your own group these days.

All druids should be in bear pits and necros should be in HS.

Velk is quite good after the most recent ZEM adjustment, very convenient w/ the druid ring and thurg nearby.

I'll never xp in KC again. Too many slackers.
Old 06-13-2022, 02:13 PM
Banned

CoM slows real bad around 57

i recommend sebiliss it's the frickin bestest

either that or go sit outside at a spawn point in the overworld for a month on a wizard/druid/sham or whatever and chillax between kills
Old 06-14-2022, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Kedge keep us extremely underrated. I went from 54 to 60 there on my bard almost exclusively, and this was before the removal of the exp penalty.

Once you get through the learning curve it is also one of the most enjoyable places in the game too. You will probably have to form your own groups though.