Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 06-26-2022, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swarm kitting bards? hmm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're just going in circles here.
Wait................................... this pun was accidental?
Old 06-26-2022, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait................................... this pun was accidental?
I swear, I did not make that on purpose ... but I'm so glad you caught it, and now I will pretend like it was entirely intentional [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why the people I keep referring to (eg. Dolalin) have posted evidence to the Bug forums.
wow. look at those goal posts move. proof and evidence are not the same thing.

Quote:
But that doesn't mean there isn't evidence of how it worked. Also, it's like you're completely ignored my Street Fighter II example: you don't need to know exactly how the original worked to know the emulator isn't emulating it correctly.
i didn't even read your analogy past streetfighter. it was dumb. analogies are incredibly poor ways to communicate ideas, and you only use them when someone lacks a frame of reference to understand something. if you can't properly comminucate ideas when we are all sitting here have decades of experience with this game, then there is something seriously wrong with your communication skills -- or, more likely, you are just blowing smoke because that's alll you've got.

Quote:
We'll have to wait for the fix to see, but here's why I think you're wrong: Enchanters in live were not soloing gods, or charmers in groups, on live during classic! So we have tons of historical evidence that color flux didn't make them so, because (for two years, across tens of servers) it didn't do that.
*We* don't have to wait, though you might. Enchanters were the stongest dungeon solo'r recogized by everyone that was in the upper spectrum of players mid way through kunark. addditonally they would use charm pets until they had bokren and staggered the spawns in the camps they wanted to hold when in groups. then they would lose the pet as there was no real need to keep it. But you've never been in the upper spectrum of eq players, so your ignorance is understandable; your persistence in maintaining it is not.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

I'm done trying to debate this with you. Insulting me with this "goalpost moving" nonsense (when I've consistently said the same thing throughout this entire discussion) just shows you're not an honest debater, and are simply trying to make any claim you can to "win" (to what end, I honestly don't know).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:51 AM
Kobold

I remember my time in Classic with my enchanter and Bard. I charmed more with my Bard because the risk of getting rocked only seemed manageable with my flimsy Bard plate mail.

I didn’t pet charm with my enchanter. I don’t remember if that was due to it being too dangerous or if I “didn’t know” to do so.

I just leveled a Magician to 48 and just swapped to play an Enchanter because I watched a buddy I was leveling with be a 1-man group to themselves. I am having a blast now with my enchanter, and although I had fun leveling my Magician, there is no contest on which class is the better pet/solo class right now.
Old 06-27-2022, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm done trying to debate this with you. Insulting me with this "goalpost moving" nonsense (when I've consistently said the same thing throughout this entire discussion) just shows you're not an honest debater, and are simply trying to make any claim you can to "win" (to what end, I honestly don't know).
it's not nonsense. i wanted proof, not evidence. your memory of classic is 'evidence' but what is it evidence of? Certain things not happening at all? Certain things you just never saw but were still happening? Certain things you saw but simply forgot? or even more cynical take: you are lying because of a weird nerf-enchanter fixation?

if you were truly concerned abuout things not being classic, on top of your list would shaman torpor tanking everything solo. there were 5 to 10 times as many enchnters doing the shit you claim they werent doing than were torpor shamans soloing high end mobs. So how could you possibly get it so wrong?

that said, itreally does make the cynical intepretaton of your 'evidence' quite compelling, if i do say.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:06 AM
Aviak

The entire, "Nobody did it back then because internet connection" nonsense is almost appalling. Sorry you were a teen in the sticks while many of us had plenty of bandwidth elsewhere.

Confirmation bias and feelings are not conducive to pragmatic conversation.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannobeers3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The entire, "Nobody did it back then because internet connection" nonsense is almost appalling
Pretty sure what a lot of us are describing here is that it actually WAS happening for those who had the neccessary setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannobeers3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you were a teen in the sticks while many of us had plenty of bandwidth elsewhere. Confirmation bias and feelings are not conducive to pragmatic conversation.
Pretty sure it has also been recognized by most of us in this topic that all we really have to go off of is memories too. I don't think many of us really think that if changes happen, that they will have had anything to do with our feelings here. It is keeping the conversation going though. Maybe it will eventually lead to the smoking gun that is needed.

BTW, your call for pragmatism, while contributing nothing but your own feelings at the same time is pretty amusing as well. It doesnt make you look useful, or smart. Quite the opposite, actually. While I was that teen in the sticks that you descirbe, your education apparently never advanced beyond one. Learn some reading comprehension.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The entire, "Nobody did it back then because internet connection" nonsense is almost appalling. Sorry you were a teen in the sticks while many of us had plenty of bandwidth elsewhere.

Are you aware Eq’s launch devastated internet for all businesses located in the sever’s city?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 06-29-2022, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

it must be sad to live in a world of so many splendid colors yet only see things in black and white.

Truth is, it wasn't as simple as people just didn't have access to cable. While it is true that a significant portion ofthe population could not actually get cable, "the sticks" as you say, i'd wager that the majority of people who didn't have cable or better COULD have had cable. The problem was having to convince mumsy and/or dadsy to shell out 150+ dollars a month so you can more effectively stare at elf tiddies all day, a habbit they are already increasingly concerned with. needless to say, many kids couldn't formulate the right pitch to sell their parent(s) on it, especially since they were already paying for a second phone line most likely. And ya 150ish is about right if they hadn't already been using cable(adjusted for inflation). Even as a young adullt having to shell at that kind of cash when you are just starting out in life is not particularly appealing.