Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-15-2022, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kedge keep us extremely underrated. I went from 54 to 60 there on my bard almost exclusively, and this was before the removal of the exp penalty.

Once you get through the learning curve it is also one of the most enjoyable places in the game too. You will probably have to form your own groups though.
+1 for kedge. I did 45-50 on my ranger there on green pre-kunark. Haven't spent any time there 50+ though. What were you hunting for the 55-60 level range?
Old 06-15-2022, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You still can't beat Seb for a mix of XP and loot, nor the Hole for pure XP. Just have to bring your own group these days.

All druids should be in bear pits and necros should be in HS.

Velk is quite good after the most recent ZEM adjustment, very convenient w/ the druid ring and thurg nearby.

I'll never xp in KC again. Too many slackers.
I'll have to give velks another shot. Will admit I haven't xp'd there since the ZEM changes.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Velks generally slower because the mobs have really high HP and trains can be problematic if you're not in like one of the dogs camps.
Old 06-15-2022, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 for kedge. I did 45-50 on my ranger there on green pre-kunark. Haven't spent any time there 50+ though. What were you hunting for the 55-60 level range?
Between the Seahorse Caves and Estrella Room. Undertow i think? there is a cubby there that is perfect for the camp, and a bard can easily pull from both directions.
Old 06-15-2022, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velks generally slower because the mobs have really high HP and trains can be problematic if you're not in like one of the dogs camps.
true and they hit like a truck

enchanters make good exp up there but breaks are a PITA

but it's still a thrilling place to level IMO

you can fly through some of the tunnels wtf is up with that

I'm telling you guys, strange things about in there!
Old 06-15-2022, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

The great thing about XPing at 55+ is that you are already high enough level to participate in any content so you can take a dip in xp rate in exchange for a more enriching play ... the slow down of xp doesn't really matter

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-25-2022, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The great thing about XPing at 55+ is that you are already high enough level to participate in any content so you can take a dip in xp rate in exchange for a more enriching play ... the slow down of xp doesn't really matter
I actually did most of level 59 in raids, because I found the XPing rate too depressing after doing a few 4 hour sessions for ~5% XP each. It took a year, but didn't grind anything.

The rest came from killing Shardwing Couriers when walking to and from NToV raids. I think it might be the highest XP quest in the game, and is almost definitely the highest XP easily repeatable one.
Old 06-25-2022, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly the problem with this is I end up pugging a lot to have adventure, and we have so much fun I shoot to 60 like in a weekend. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-27-2022, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly the problem with this is I end up pugging a lot to have adventure, and we have so much fun I shoot to 60 like in a weekend. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume you're exaggerating lol
Old 06-27-2022, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

That's a good idea, my chanter main is almost level 59 and I think I will join a guild and do some other activities rather than just grind it out to 60.