Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-27-2022, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a good idea, my chanter main is almost level 59 and I think I will join a guild and do some other activities rather than just grind it out to 60.
Just so you’re aware EXP isn’t shared among all raid participants. If you’re not in the group that does the most dps you don’t get exp. In some content an enchanter will have a trash mob to charm so that will help but in others you will have to hope that you end up in the group doing all the dps (which frankly is not that frequent since they’ll want a healer and a bunch of melees half the time).

Maybe you knew that but if you didn’t just flagging for you
Old 06-27-2022, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just so you’re aware EXP isn’t shared among all raid participants. If you’re not in the group that does the most dps you don’t get exp. In some content an enchanter will have a trash mob to charm so that will help but in others you will have to hope that you end up in the group doing all the dps (which frankly is not that frequent since they’ll want a healer and a bunch of melees half the time).

Maybe you knew that but if you didn’t just flagging for you
Yeah, in general you really shouldn't expect to gain, or even keep, your XP on raids.

Keep in mind that you die when raiding too, and even with a 96% rez, those 4% losses add up. You can die to mobs (or lava!) on the way to the fight, because something got trained on you before the fight (by another guild or not, on purpose or not), in the fight itself, because a charmed pet broke, etc.

Then (on quake days at least) you move on to the next target(s), with death again likely, so on a good day of raiding it's not unusual to wind up losing 40+% of an (unrezzed) death.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, in general you really shouldn't expect to gain, or even keep, your XP on raids.

Keep in mind that you die when raiding too, and even with a 96% rez, those 4% losses add up. You can die to mobs (or lava!) on the way to the fight, because something got trained on you before the fight (by another guild or not, on purpose or not), in the fight itself, because a charmed pet broke, etc.

Then (on quake days at least) you move on to the next target(s), with death again likely, so on a good day of raiding it's not unusual to wind up losing 40+% of an (unrezzed) death.
That's true, its partially class dependent.

It was easier for me to gain XP (slowly) while raiding because as a Rogue, I was often the tipping point causing the XP group to be the XP group, so was more likely to be making XP off trash clears than another class would be.
Old 06-28-2022, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Am I the only dick that forms the exp group no matter what the raid leader wants on like every raid they are on? That shit is like the best exp in the game.

Thank god for no raid tools.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

half of 59 on my cleric made me say screw that and level my druid from like 29-54 instead, plus almost the entirety of said druid's epic. can't solo, and everyone only does KC unless they have a dedicated group planned for other spots. it feels like a brick wall would give my forehead more xp than KC gives my cleric.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

You need to make your own groups and head to KC basement if that's the only place you can manage to wrangle that group together. Basement is fine xp at 59 if you get a good chain pulling group together.

I've had ok luck just joining the bottom floor pickup session in Velks too, the mobs are all still blue at least. Hit or miss there though, but generally always some sort of rag tag group for xp in my experience.

I agree strongly that you can't just go join the stupid LCY group at 59, that's masochistic. Basement or bust if you're doing KC at 58+.
Last edited by Fammaden; 06-28-2022 at 04:50 PM..
Old 06-28-2022, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Not only decayed soldiers in basement, but Hands, bodyguards and knights/protectors are also passable KC xp at 59. Plenty of summoning mobs, which is always a good sign once you hit mid/late 50s.

If you are 59 don’t settle for a puller bring level 39-43 mobs!!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 06-28-2022, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, hands can be ok pulling the BG's and the VS pit mobs and trying to grab some basement pulls also. But in reality a lot of hands groups have lazy or inexperienced pullers bringing you a lot of the same shit mobs you'd get in LCY so it can be a slog at 58+.