Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-02-2023, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do we wanna do for a route, DSM?

Seb ent to NG safe spot?

Freeti trash to freeti?

Hole rat jail full clear?

I'm kind of stuck on ideas. May try to get a level as well. Don't think I'll need it but 58 vs 55 is a bit heavy.
I wasn't sure if there were some spots that were tilted towards SK, which is why I was looking for suggestions on your end, I don't have a high level Paladin.

We could do Seb Ent to NG safe spot as an easy starter. See who can kill all the trash to NG faster.
Old 06-02-2023, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

I can do a video first for Seb Ent to NG, and you can try to beat the time. That way you can decide whether you want to get another level or not.

It may be a few days before I get the video done anyway. Not 100% sure when I will get the time to do the full run.
Old 06-02-2023, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

yeah no biggie im away all this weekend
Old 06-02-2023, 03:19 PM
Kobold

Subscribed
Old 06-02-2023, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wanna see the pally vs sk clear video
would watch
Lol how much time do you have? Even droga is painfully slow at 60…
Old 06-03-2023, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Yea going to be some long videos watching sub 60 knights clear to ng
Old 06-03-2023, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Here is a rough video I did today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUYKBvYpPyM

It is surprisingly difficult to get a full run due to people coming in and out of Sebilis. I don't want to interrupt them by trying to dissuade them from going through.

At the end of the video Bbeta and his group came in to finish up one of the tri-mobs hehe.

Might be best to just do the first 8 mobs, since I did those without incident. That is entrance to the bottom of the stairs. I kill the 8th mob at the 37 minute mark in the video.

I also died at the end of the video. I got a bit too greedy and used a runway that was too short. I should have used Dooming Darkness lol.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a rough video I did today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUYKBvYpPyM

It is surprisingly difficult to get a full run due to people coming in and out of Sebilis. I don't want to interrupt them by trying to dissuade them from going through.

At the end of the video Bbeta and his group came in to finish up one of the tri-mobs hehe.

Might be best to just do the first 8 mobs, since I did those without incident. That is entrance to the bottom of the stairs. I kill the 8th mob at the 37 minute mark in the video.

I also died at the end of the video. I got a bit too greedy and used a runway that was too short. I should have used Dooming Darkness lol.
Nice video, couple things though.

You settled for the 2nd worst pet. I saw you had the broom, you should have resummoned to get a max or 2nd max pet. No reason to leave dmg off the table. You can also click hotkeys from the socials tab of the Actions window while casting, so you can do splits with a pet while moving/casting with the left hand while you click pet back off with the right so it can help you on the splits. I also saw no banshee aura, 12 DS still helps, small things start to add up over time. Fungi will definitely help offset a lot of downtime as well, I see vindi BP as more of a named tanking item, not a sustained xping item.

Otherwise as demonstrated, SKs can be pretty effective if you have even a little bit of room to fear kite. Epic is awesome for swapping in too even if you have a ToV weapon to try to get a proc to eliminate more downtime.
Old 06-05-2023, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice video, couple things though.

You settled for the 2nd worst pet. I saw you had the broom, you should have resummoned to get a max or 2nd max pet. No reason to leave dmg off the table. You can also click hotkeys from the socials tab of the Actions window while casting, so you can do splits with a pet while moving/casting with the left hand while you click pet back off with the right so it can help you on the splits. I also saw no banshee aura, 12 DS still helps, small things start to add up over time. Fungi will definitely help offset a lot of downtime as well, I see vindi BP as more of a named tanking item, not a sustained xping item.

Otherwise as demonstrated, SKs can be pretty effective if you have even a little bit of room to fear kite. Epic is awesome for swapping in too even if you have a ToV weapon to try to get a proc to eliminate more downtime.
Thanks!

Yeah this was just a rough video, it certainly could be better.

For the pet levels I didn't want to include 2+ minutes of me summoning pets if I got unlucky. This is supposed to be a clear speed example video, so I just went with the first pet. I also didn't want to spend all my bone chips and have to run back to get more.

I do agree I should have used Banshee Aura. I was being conservative on mana since I haven't done Seb Ent on my SK in years. I only did a few practice fights before the video to try and figure out pathing/mob strength. That is why I screw up a few times during the video and die at the end of the video. Ideally I needed a bit more practice first, I just didn't have time.

Thanks for the reminder on the socials tab, I forgot you could use pet commands while casting there.

I don't have Fungi/Epic/Soul Defiler on my SK sadly. That would have helped for sure. Luckily since I am a Troll, I have 14 HP Regen/Tick with 2 AoB items while standing, so I am pretty close to wearing a Fungi anyway. A level 58 non-Troll would be at 18 Regen/Tick with Fungi. With Shroud of Death proccing once per minute that basically gets me up to 19 HP Regen/Tick, which puts me on par with Toxigen's Paladin with Fungi in terms of manaless regeneration.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-05-2023 at 11:27 AM..
Old 06-05-2023, 01:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They both have the Same Offensive Caps. They both have access to the same weapons. The SK might have slightly more starting strength, if you choose ogre or troll, but with good gear both will be strength capped. You could argue the SK's pet increases his DPS, but most SK's rarely use the pet since it is so low level it will pull aggro and does very little damage to mobs. The SK spells might do damage, but all of them are low level necro spells and SK's lack the mana regen to sustain that damage for very long. Paladin and SK's should have roughly the same amount of sustained DPS assuming equal gear, stats, weapons.
Because SK have OP SK only weapons and a frikkin pet. It's to stop players picking the "good guys".
Last edited by Gugg; 06-05-2023 at 01:03 PM..