Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-11-2022, 06:38 PM
Sarnak

I'm ready for new green. Let's go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the difference in a fresh server vs blue/green right now? People just twink the shit out of their characters and/or powerlevel them. Would have a far better fresh experience and robust newbie/mid level game if we had the following and wouldn't even need to have new server.

1. Put level limits on items and buffs.
2. Put in anti powerleveling code to prevent bards/monks and whatever other classes do to powerlevel someone.
Zeb is right. I think you're overestimating how many loser neckbeards there are that will do that and that those kinds of people will find a way anyways most likely. I'm not saying there aren't plenty of loser neckbeards playing P99, but what you're talking about is super sweat, highest echelon neckbearding. And unless they're making a lot of bank with their RMT business, and probably still even if they are, their lives are probably pretty sad anyways so why not just let them have some "power" in a free-to-play emulator of a 20-year-old game.
Last edited by TripSin; 07-11-2022 at 06:43 PM..
Old 07-12-2022, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The obvious choice for pure classic-ness is March 16.

Two and a half months after their given earliest date sounds good.
I would honestly love that. Would be cool to basically have the timeline following the same day/month dates
Old 07-12-2022, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would honestly love that. Would be cool to basically have the timeline following the same day/month dates
This was my biggest letdown about green. Velious originally released in the winter of 2000 (in the northeast). On green it came out in like the middle of summer, just wasn't the same.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New green needs legacy items to not be removed and made no drop. Only thing to keep it from becoming an absolute neckbeard cluster.
Can't have so doesn't want others to have. Sad sad.
Old 07-13-2022, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm ready for new green. Let's go.

Zeb is right. I think you're overestimating how many loser neckbeards there are that will do that and that those kinds of people will find a way anyways most likely. I'm not saying there aren't plenty of loser neckbeards playing P99, but what you're talking about is super sweat, highest echelon neckbearding. And unless they're making a lot of bank with their RMT business, and probably still even if they are, their lives are probably pretty sad anyways so why not just let them have some "power" in a free-to-play emulator of a 20-year-old game.
I wouldn't consider myself a neckbeard at all but maybe I am.

I feel like that suggestion and your response is like why do you even play on this server? They have done all of that on live for you.

I play here periodically because they do not make those changes. If I wanted a different game I would play a different game. Maybe you should consider that option since you seem to think everyone here is a loser.
Old 07-13-2022, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

Fortunately it's actually pretty easy to avoid super sweaty neckbeards in the game, unlike here on the forums.
Old 07-13-2022, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the difference in a fresh server vs blue/green right now? People just twink the shit out of their characters and/or powerlevel them. Would have a far better fresh experience and robust newbie/mid level game if we had the following and wouldn't even need to have new server.

1. Put level limits on items and buffs.
2. Put in anti powerleveling code to prevent bards/monks and whatever other classes do to powerlevel someone.
New server has literally zero powerleveling/twinking. People actually go for Mino axes. There's 3 or 4 groups in every dungeon (Befallen, CB, BB, LGuk at least). It's a fresh economy and everyone being at the same level together makes it easier to form new friendships that will grow into the guilds.
Old 07-13-2022, 08:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm guessing some delay is at least good so that a guild wouldn't rush sleeper, kill immediately, and then everyone start waiting for the next green.

Really this was just an excuse for me to post because I want a new green too.
Old 07-13-2022, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredhel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm guessing some delay is at least good so that a guild wouldn't rush sleeper, kill immediately, and then everyone start waiting for the next green.

It's not like anyone can rush Sleeper before Velious releases.

While I would certainly love them to disable/reset the Sleeper event and keep the Warders respawning forever in Green 2.0, that's a different discussion. You can't stop the sweat. If you give neckbeards the opportunity to 'Fuck You, Got Mine' they will take it every time. It's just a fact of the universe and there's no sense getting mad about it, and it isn't a problem for ~ 2 years of a new server.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredhel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Same. New green please!