Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This entire situation is of Trump's own making. Theres no room for deep state conspiracy here. Its staggering how dumb the guy is.
May I gesticulate vaguely at Nixon? 🤪
Old 06-10-2023, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.justia.com/criminal/offe...portant%20ways.

Elements of Robbery
The crime of robbery involves (1) the taking of the property of another (2) from his or her person or in their presence (3) by violence, intimidation or threat (4) with the intent to deprive them of it permanently...

When you robbed the store, you intended to deprive the store of their goods perminently. That you changed your mind later might be a mitigating element in sentencing, but it doesn't change your original intent.
And trump's argument has always been "I was the president when I took them and I declassified them because I can do that." Meaning, he had no criminal intent when he took them. Biden wasn't president when he took his, nor was pence, and you still haven't even addressed what hillary did at all. They did at least investigate her, and then charged her with nothing.

I'm not saying trump didn't do anything wrong, but for him to be facing potential life in prison while the other three get literally nothing is so obviously politically motivated it's just stunning. They are obsessed with this guy and it's just so tiring. Basically every politician save for a handful is a giant power hungry egomaniac, regardless of party. This constant focus on trump like he's the ultimate villain of all history is so stupid.
Old 06-10-2023, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

hes on tape discussing classified documents in his possession with a writer and staffers. He admits he knows its classified, and that he could have declassified it when he was president, but now he isn't, he can't.

TRUMP: "See as president I could have declassified it"

STAFFER: "Yeah" (laughs")

TRUMP: "Now I can't you know, but this is still a secret"
Old 06-10-2023, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
hes on tape discussing classified documents in his possession with a writer and staffers. He admits he knows its classified, and that he could have declassified it when he was president, but now he isn't, he can't.

Yep, again, I agree he did something extra-special bad. I'm not denying that. But you haven't addressed the double standard at all, which is what I'm talking about.

Either classified documents are super important or they aren't. There has to be *one* standard. They can't only be important when trump takes them, but no big deal when biden takes them (illegally) and stores them in his literal GARAGE. Like, give me a break.

Again this isn't about justice, it's purely about stopping him from running again. Gee, I wonder what the plea deal will be? Maybe: Don't run for president and we'll drop the charges? The thing I find so gross here is that they're pretending this is about being a good boyscout and holding the guilty accountable, out of some dutiful commitment to the law. It's obviously not.
Old 06-10-2023, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

the difference is the intent and egregious obstruction. but we've been through this. time for me to log off.
Old 06-10-2023, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:

Classification is an executive power. He doesn't have to tell himself or get permission from himself, it is a fait accompli by the action.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-10-2023, 05:49 PM
Banned

The difference is the CIA told Joe Biden that the safest place in America was his garage in a envelope titled “Car Titles and definitely Not Classified Documents” and to keep them there, so that’s what Biden did

Whereas Trump stole the documents to sell nuclear launch codes to Putin, which he probably did
Old 06-10-2023, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classification is an executive power. He doesn't have to tell himself or get permission from himself, it is a fait accompli by the action.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A really good divine power can declassify stuff from inside the womb.

Ivanka is pregnant.

Add it up. Ishmael or whoever his name is left the doomed ship and is busy thinking he's just gonna rake bucks forever.

That's Trump's kid. The one he wanted. The one foretold. Kuato lives.
Old 06-10-2023, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
the difference is the intent and egregious obstruction. but we've been through this. time for me to log off.
My dude, I am not saying he didn't do anything wrong. Throw the book at him, charge him with anything he deserves to be charged with.

As long as you do the same thing for biden. Joe severely mishandled highly sensitive material that he shouldn't have even been in possession of in the first place, not to mention the mountain of corruption his entire family is implicated in regarding bribery and influence peddling, and that doesn't even warrant a slap on the wrist? Yet trump should go to prison for life? And you don't think any of this is politically motivated? I know you aren't that credulous.
Old 06-10-2023, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

looks like no one knows what indict means
Closed Thread