Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-25-2014, 08:39 AM
Developer

Has anyone checked out pet aggro on live?

H
Old 03-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Large Bat

Sorry I've played a mage extensively pre-luclin and played one here til 30, had to throw in.

I was excited to be the OP easy risk-free damage dealer again with pets on P99, no such luck. Can't even pretend to nuke, I'm just healing or chaincasting pets.

Not-classic at all, the gm's know it. They did this on purpose because Mages were semi-OP (which they were in classic).

Really I think it's time for every mage on the server to reroll a chanter so we can do insane pet damage, solo better than mages, AND be useful in almost every situation in all of EQ. If we all watch eachothers pets and ready stuns and mezes, easily tromp a group of mages who can't even nuke.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalomar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry I've played a mage extensively pre-luclin and played one here til 30, had to throw in.

I was excited to be the OP easy risk-free damage dealer again with pets on P99, no such luck. Can't even pretend to nuke, I'm just healing or chaincasting pets.

Not-classic at all, the gm's know it. They did this on purpose because Mages were semi-OP (which they were in classic).

Really I think it's time for every mage on the server to reroll a chanter so we can do insane pet damage, solo better than mages, AND be useful in almost every situation in all of EQ. If we all watch eachothers pets and ready stuns and mezes, easily tromp a group of mages who can't even nuke.
Did you try logging into beta to test the changes? I think if you played a mage extensively pre-luclin, then Haynar is looking for feedback from you.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Developer

Did you see how pet aggro is after last patch? Some of the changes should be in for pet aggro. More are coming.

H
Old 03-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

pets definitely are pulling more agro after the last patch. i've gotta change my necro's kiting strategy now so my pets don't die.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone checked out pet aggro on live?

H
Sorry first read this as eq live. I did a quick test this morning and seemed a lot better. Will test more tonight!

/cheer
Old 03-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Large Bat

I'll test more as well, had been out of town and didn't know they were made. Look forward to the changes for pets!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pets definitely are pulling more agro after the last patch. i've gotta change my necro's kiting strategy now so my pets don't die.
If you're aggro kiting just turn your pet's taunt off. If that fails, Heart Flutter line is a megataunt.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:59 AM
Planar Protector

yeah i'm a dumb warrior and forgot that my necro alt's pet had a taunt button i could turn off, lol.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:18 AM
Large Bat

Wow!

Can even use them to tank an extra mob in groups with others healing etc. now.

Only played for two hours, but much more reminiscent of my old-school live Magician. Time to level a skill other than alteration for pet heal!