Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 01-14-2024, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure about blue but Yael is very popular on green for the ore. He's at least usually killed within an hour or 2 of spawn.
We do him a lot but the shaker is very rare.
Maybe the shoulders aren't as popular on blue?
Good to know! Then my memory is probably wrong. I am sure the shoulders are camped regularly on blue too. It's a great item. I never bothered with the shoulders personally, so I am not really paying attention to when the relevant mobs are killed.

If the raid scene has been using Earthshaker as Ripqozko suggests, that is probably the real reason for the price increase.
Old 01-14-2024, 09:05 PM
Fire Giant

So they are abusing the bowquest bug to cheese raid mobs on the n00b servers? the Plot thickens. And I have Guardian Robe.
Death Silky Mist can we get some paragraphs or a novel on this topic please, ogres make the best shamans here on red btw.
Last edited by Salaryman; 01-14-2024 at 09:18 PM..
Old 01-15-2024, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So they are abusing the bowquest bug to cheese raid mobs on the n00b servers? the Plot thickens. And I have Guardian Robe.
Death Silky Mist can we get some paragraphs or a novel on this topic please, ogres make the best shamans here on red btw.
Cheese raid mobs how so? During esoteric races where a bow might occasionally outrage a 200 clickie? There is still a lot of skill needed and that’s a coin toss to if the proc even happens.

If you’re talking via DPS: No. Keeping up with mid tier rogues for 2 mins every 72 takes the best stuff, some of which like the BFG was removed from the game long ago. It only works on half the raid mobs that aren’t rooted thanks to another “raid fix” that’s custom to p99. Meme dps is exactly that and PVP is at best and afterthought in this game. Look at Red server…

As for warriors weighted axe bow dps’ing level 66+ dragons and giants? I highly doubt it. The top guilds have mountains of rogue bots and bane wizards.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-15-2024 at 08:05 AM..
Old 01-15-2024, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cheese raid mobs how so? During esoteric races where a bow might occasionally outrage a 200 clickie? There is still a lot of skill needed and that’s a coin toss to if the proc even happens.

If you’re talking via DPS: No. Keeping up with mid tier rogues for 2 mins every 72 takes the best stuff, some of which like the BFG was removed from the game long ago. It only works on half the raid mobs that aren’t rooted thanks to another “raid fix” that’s custom to p99. Meme dps is exactly that and PVP is at best and afterthought in this game. Look at Red server…

As for warriors weighted axe bow dps’ing level 66+ dragons and giants? I highly doubt it. The top guilds have mountains of rogue bots and bane wizards.
350 range even with flight time will outdo a 200 click, ie: on motg. 350 insta with proc obv will beat the flight time.
Old 01-15-2024, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
350 range even with flight time will outdo a 200 click, ie: on motg. 350 insta with proc obv will beat the flight time.
Outside MOTG and a 1st shot proc what other races will a 200 range bow and 150 range arrows beat a thin bone wand?
Old 01-15-2024, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Outside MOTG and a 1st shot proc what other races will a 200 range bow and 150 range arrows beat a thin bone wand?
sev
Tuna if theres ever a race again (it tech could be)
Old 01-15-2024, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

S ro AC maybe?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-15-2024, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
S ro AC maybe?
/nod
Old 01-15-2024, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

the entire game was an "afterthought" they expected to all lose their jobs after it released. Do you really think they would make a game where u can attack any npc but not other players?
Old 01-15-2024, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the entire game was an "afterthought" they expected to all lose their jobs after it released. Do you really think they would make a game where u can attack any npc but not other players?
I’m confused what you are talking about but apparently that makes two of us.

Typically “bowquest” as a topic is related to dmg bonus pvp. As that’s been the drive for pages now as Troxx is looking for an Earthshaker I assumed you meant as much.

There is nothing Troxx or anyone can or can’t do without an Earthshaker. It’s an almost a nonexistent bump in bow dps and a tool for racers.