Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 09:40 PM..
Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obama and Romney both report to Big Finance and other major Corps. Both will have an equal inefficiency resulting in zero actual change for the better. Both will perpetuate American debt slavery and another lost decade. My conclusion being that they are the same due to results being the same for either one being elected...
From the picture posted by dredge, I doubt you will disagree with me that companies like Harvard Uni, M$, and Google have a completely different financial stance than that of B.O.A, Goldman Sachs, and Citigroup. Bill Gates has said that he should be paying more taxes even after he donated billions of dollars to charities. I am sure we all heard about the big financial scandal that Goldman Sachs did, but what big financial scandal has Harvard U. done? How can you not see the dichotomy between the two sides?

Now correct me if I am wrong, but the basis of your argument is that since both parties received the most money from entities with larger disposable income, they are in bed with their campaign backers and answer to them. Now, I am going to ignore the giant leap in conclusive reasoning and instead offer a counter. Could it be that those big corporations backed the parties because they like their fiscal stances? This would then lead to the whole thing just receiving money for doing a good job.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Wow, already this thread has turned into a libertarian conspiracy theorist circle jerk.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Don't bother arguing with libertarians. Just laugh at them as they marginalize themselves into irrelevance. It's a childish worldview which allows a follower to whine about the state of things without ever really taking any meaningful position.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

If Gary Johnson was unfairly excluded from polls and earlier debates, then the appropriate remedy isn't to add him to the presidential debate (especially if he was polling less than 2% when he was actually a factor). Why should he be preferenced over the nominees from other non-mainstream political parties? I understand if you feel he wasn't given enough exposure, but the idea that he should be included with Romney and Obama in the debates is silly.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Banned

Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Not voting, though--that'll further your agenda.

Your politics might be more compelling if they didn't feel like FaceBook copy-pasta.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In short: the vast majority of Americans are stupid.
truth.

Romney is not what any conservative wanted, but Obama is past the point of just being a failure. What he has done since taking office is nothing short of treason.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Banned

Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
of course I copied and pasted, sorry I didn't have time to create my own original meme's or whatever there called.
Thoughts. They're called thoughts.
Closed Thread