Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-20-2023, 07:59 PM
Aviak

If you are about to solo Ionat as a shaman and there's an enchanter there who is willing to buff you with Clarity 2 for no charge, would you accept the buff?
Old 08-20-2023, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

DSM holoship youtube

Every thread with a DSM is a Trollocaust.
Last edited by Duik; 08-20-2023 at 08:48 PM..
Old 08-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenmir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are about to solo Ionat as a shaman and there's an enchanter there who is willing to buff you with Clarity 2 for no charge, would you accept the buff?
If they allowed me to click off a buff first, sure. When running around WW I am at buff cap basically. I run all 5 resist buffs because there is at least one dragon who can do each damage type. Cargalia is a Shaman, and she can cast both Bane and Pox. I have FoS + STA + AGI + AC to maximize mitigation. Ring 10, SoW, Levitate, and Invis bring my buff count to 13. I need to save 1 slot for Torpor, and 1 slot for an enemy debuff. I would click off the AGI to get the C2.

C2 is better than Worn/Spell HP Regen for a Torpor Shaman, because you do not need to cannibalize it into mana. When fighting a damage spikey mob like Ionat, you cannot always cannibalize, even when you have no spells you need to cast in the moment.

You need to stay above a certain amount of HP/MP to avoid getting killed by an unlucky set of max hits, which can happen. Regrowth + Fungi Tunic is regenerating too slowly to mitigate this type of damage when damage spikes occur within 30 seconds or so.

In the long term Regrowth + Fungi Tunic generally doesn't help because +30 HP/Tick over 21 minutes translates to 6300 HP, which is 4-5 Torpors, depending on server tick. If the difference between life and death was 4-5 Torpors on a fight like Ionat, the problem was your strategy during specific periods of the fight, not a lack of mana.

The C2 would be more likely to convert into a faster kill speed, because it would give you enough mana for a few extra Bane of Nife's. You are casting Bane of Nife a lot less than Cannibalize, so you have a greater chance of fitting it in somewhere safe.

Would I advise Shamans to try and get C2 every time they kill WW Dragons? No. The Dragons dispel, so you have a decent chance of it being removed. Unless you have a duo partner or you are boxing, you will probably end up spending more time trying to get C2 than the time you save by having it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently I'm not done. Because this is a perfect example of why people get so incredibly frustrated talking to you and why it's readily apparent for everyone to see that you seem to relish and crave the last word on any topic. All you had to do was quote me and say "Agree to disagree" and be done with it. There was no need to reiterate the point that you've already explained previously and in other threads. You gain nothing from explaining what I already know besides looking like a know it all that has to have the last word. It was clear that I didn't agree with you and your evaluation about the complexity of Ever Quest. There was no reason to restate your opinion other than to have the last word. There is no harm or no shame with saying that we agree to disagree. But to say you disagree then decide to restate your opinion as if it's somehow the more correct opinion is a big reason people are frustrated with you. Learn to type "agree to disagree" and not feel the need to qualify that.
I restated my position because I am hoping you would reconsider your position on the matter. Is there any evidence you would accept that would change your mind?

You could also stop posting if you think the conversation is at it's conclusion. You accuse me of trying to get the last word, but you are clearly trying to get the last word too. I am not sure why it is OK for you to get the last word, but it is some sort of horrible ordeal for everybody else when I post again. If it is a really bad look to get the last word, why are you doing it?
Old 08-20-2023, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suggest you learn to read the room, so to speak.
I can read the room just fine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh Jesus, I step away for 48 hours and this thread blows up another 20 pages?

I'm up to page 22 but to summarize my reading thus far: DSM thinks he is right again and everyone else is wrong. Again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately this is what happens when death gets involved in a thread. Says things like “regen is useless with torpor” just because he can kill a WW dragon without it. He’s a hypocrite, stealth editor, word manipulator, and ultimately just a troll who thinks he’s clever.

We have to defend the truth against people like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
STEEEEEEEEEEL GOOOOOIIINGGG#!#!
OMFGROFLLOLOCAUSTICSODA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Trolling" and insulting you.

The only thing I'm "reaping" now is a pathetic child like you.
Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please be warned when trying to take advice from DSM.
Looks like a bunch of trolls ganging up on someone they disagree with. This includes your own trolling.

You are basically asking me to let the trolls run free, insult people, and provide bad information without resistance.

I am sorry, but I will not let trolls ruin these forums simply because you want to give them a pass. You should be handing out advise to them long before you get to me.

If you are unopen to the possibility that P99 may not be as complex as you think, you are simply being close minded.

We can leave this at an impasse if you wish, but you are going to run into problems with understanding the game.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-20-2023 at 09:44 PM..
Old 08-20-2023, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Agree to disagree.
Glad to see you are finally starting to practice what you preach. Now all you need to do is stop your trolling and start providing advise to the other trolls to do the same. This will build back your destroyed credibility.

Then we can discuss the finer points of forum etiquette if you desire.
Old 08-21-2023, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

DSM, when I claimed I came to criticise you, that was not an admission of trolling. I think we all know this. Stop claiming it was.
Old 08-21-2023, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM, when I claimed I came to criticise you, that was not an admission of trolling. I think we all know this. Stop claiming it was.
Quote:
"Trolling" and insulting you.
Quote:
It is irrelevant my posts here are not about the topic at hand. I came to criticise your lack of integrity. Does this matter?
Quote:
I never denied insulting you
https://www.endsleigh.co.uk/blog/pos...rnet-trolling/

Quote:
The insult troll, who posts pure hateful comments just for the sake of it. They don’t need to know the person or have a reason for posting spiteful comments
I'll give you one chance to explain why you keep typing out the definition of trollng as your explaination for posting in this thread. You need to say something besides "I am criticizing you". Nor will I accept your attempts at being a psychologist over the internet.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-21-2023 at 01:49 AM..
Old 08-21-2023, 02:14 AM
Fire Giant

Well, I won't accept your attempts at being a sneaky sociopath, either.

Because admitting to insulting you is not admitting to trolling, believe it or not. There is no attempt at being passive-aggressive and wilfully obtuse, unlike you. I am calling you out for your malicious and dishonest behaviour.

So come off it already, and stop lying.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well, I won't accept your attempts at being a sneaky sociopath, either.

Because admitting to insulting you is not admitting to trolling, believe it or not. There is no attempt at being passive-aggressive and wilfully obtuse, unlike you. I am calling you out for your malicious and dishonest behaviour.

So come off it already, and stop lying.
I gave you an opportunity to explain yourself. You just posted more nonsense and insults. You are a troll. You've admitted it multiple times.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:34 AM
Fire Giant

Be exceedingly thankful I even admitted to insulting you. I at least have the integrity to do that.

You lack the integrity to even admit you don't like winning a debate, yet still remain in threads. That comment should solidify the idea that you are indeed untrustworthy.