Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erudite Please [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Virgin. Obese. Ronery. Neglectful dad. Disabled. Unemployed. Wife left.

Need at very least 3 of above as requirement to create leaderboard.
I don't meet any of these requirements [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only issue I am seeing is the delay in getting the logs parsed to the DB. Unless the site is hosted on the same box as the toon with /log turned on it wouldn't be as real time as you would probably like. I'll think about this issue if you can get a toon logging 24/7..
Can you decide where the EQ log file goes? Never really messed with logs in EQ too much, but if we can just set up a simple file server on the box with the logging toon, I could easily write a script that could update data every 5 minutes or so... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Banned

elderan runs 5 boxes all runing logs . and are in game at most citys. thats how he keeps the updates doing
Old 03-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erudite Please [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See forum name
hehehe
Old 03-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Banned

Sam, remember to remove your leader board when your guild starts abusing PnP
Old 03-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the reasons I removed it was to promote PNP dummy.

People were being stupid across all guilds over it to just get points. I am not a big fan of pointless pvp and people griefing others and I wanted to be no part of it.

So I removed public access. I still think it is useful when morons don't have access to it though. I give access on a case by case basis.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the reasons I removed it was to promote PNP dummy.

People were being stupid across all guilds over it to just get points. I am not a big fan of pointless pvp and people griefing others and I wanted to be no part of it.

So I removed public access. I still think it is useful when morons don't have access to it though. I give access on a case by case basis.
If you still have permission to leave multiple boxes in from GMs it should not be a private tool for you. It should be open to everyone to view.

It was also really useful to read the OOC auctions for the past day or so looking for items.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiakenjaTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you still have permission to leave multiple boxes in from GMs it should not be a private tool for you. It should be open to everyone to view.

It was also really useful to read the OOC auctions for the past day or so looking for items.
They monitor auction in EC on blue without Elderan. Maybe ask them to hook you up.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twainz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They monitor auction in EC on blue without Elderan. Maybe ask them to hook you up.
It's the same idea. You need a box logging 24/7 and a script to parse/upload to a DB. Very simple.. if you have the box that can log 24/7.
Closed Thread