Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Default Solo Iksar Monk Ideas

Hey guys, been leveling my Iksar monk on red and I will hit 43 soon, mainly solo. I am looking for suggestions on good solo spots for 43 and beyond.

I have a Wu's Quivering Staff, 2 Trance Sticks, and the worst gear you've ever seen (mainly resist items and curscale). Each camp I needed mobs with low HP, low damage output, etc.

Currently I am at the entrance to lower Guk and everything is about to green out. Guk has been great since 39 because it has easy to kill mobs, decent money, occasional groups and proximity to item camps. I can pop over to upper Guk and snag an AC or a squire spawn.

So let me know if you have any suggestions that are near good group spots, item mobs, melee bind, merchants, etc.

Right now I'm thinking SolB near a SolA zoneline and maybe Permafrost?

Here is my idea for the best path for a leveling Iksar Monk that wants to stay in Kunark until 35 for Riposte. I prefer spots with exp and monk-friendly loot.

1-11 FoB - Great spots all over. Bone chips and silks can be sold to other players. Also do the quest for newbie monk gear.

12-20 Kurn's - Great exp, bone chips galore, and wide level range.

20-29 Lake of Ill Omen - Sarnaks are great since you have a shot at an earring of station and a bracer of the hidden when you can do Lego's. Also consider doing the ruins around the Sarnak Courier spawn for a shot at a Goblin Ring $$$$.

29-33 Brutes outside Dalnir entrance in WW - really low hp with gem drops. Could probably do these even higher.

33-35 Giant fort in WW - The Evergreens still give great exp when I needed a place to stay until training in Riposte. The giant tunics sell for 64p, which is nice.

Warning: Bring a TON of throwing items with you and use them sparingly when you leave Kunark. They can be hard to find in the old world, especially when playing on a lower pop server like I am. Bandages are easier to come by. I load up my bank with both when I'm in Cab.

35-38 Gnolls in SK outside Splitpaw. Easy to kill mobs that you can Intimidate kite if you wish. Bonus - Kill all the north and south pathing lionesses and elephant cubs you see to get possibly spawn Quillmane. He has a 1/3 chance of spawning where he will path by you. And then you have a 1/20 chance of him having the levi cloak! Kill those PH's! (I tried inside Paw but the first 3 mobs were greened out and it got dicey after that for not much better exp) Can run to Aviaks to sell, buy gems and bandages, whatever. Monks can also run to Lake Rathe to kill the undead gnoll for epic. Bind in NK or arena.

35-38 Guards in HHK. Each floor has 2-4 that are blue at this level and each one has a FS sword that you can sell to the Enchanter spell guy. Great money and decent exp. Can bank and buy bandages also. Bind in zone or elsewhere. Made about $2K doing 2 levels here on red.

38-42 Sol A is awesome. I had a rotation where I would kill a few gnomes then go check the Foreman spawn and the bar. The Goblins can be pretty rough when they are casters so I eventually started just doing Gnomes and Foreman. Singe PH also paths through the Gnomes, which is great. Can loot ore to sell to the Goblin merchant, but beware, he is guarded by a roaming mob that can be a nasty priest caster. Merchant in zone that sells bandages. Can head over to Temple of Ro to buy Peridots. Made about 600pp here in peridots in one level. Bind in FP or Neriak.

38-43 Lguk entrance - Multiple mobs and two pathers. Beware the Shamans have a 40% heal they cast and they will debuff you to oblivion. Can also pop over to Uguk and kill the PH for your favorite item camp here. Picked up multiple groups for Frenzied and ass/supp in the evenings.

43-? We will see. Tried DL Yetis at 40 and I was losing a lot of HP on each one and the loot is crap.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

DL yeti's kick ass idk what youre talking about. they drop mid tier gems which sell very well and they can drop some good pp. I mainly use that spot to PL and it rocks! The glacier yeti's are not worth their difficulty i do not think, but the tundra yeti's are baller.

another baller spot is the geonids in crystal caverns but im not sure if thats too low for the 40's. They drop some sick ass gems that sell for 100's of plat and its good exp to boot and the camp is all split out so there isnt really any anxiety that comes with potential adds.

Otherwise, if youre not good on that, be sure to look at any of the hundred thousand posted leveling guides on the wiki.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Yetis are good as mentioned ^^

Sol B royals would probably be soloable if you were twinked... clear the roamers before you pull the 3 ledges.

40s/50s though at any point, you're going to struggle solo without some big dps weapons.

Highkeep guards? Top floor should still be just about in range. Then onto nobles maybe at 47-48?
Last edited by Swish; 04-27-2016 at 08:08 PM..
Old 04-27-2016, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

1, why would you play on red

and

2, if you are going to play on red, you should group and take advantage of the 50x group xp bonus
Old 04-28-2016, 03:38 AM
Sarnak

Get your intimidate skill up and fear kite giants in frontier mountains. Intimidate is under appreciated as a solo tool. Err well it starts to green out a bit at 43 but still doable casually. Find an open area like dreadlands and fear kite solo.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:51 AM
Fire Giant

I spent my early 40s soloing in Nurga and my mid/late 40s between CoM and Bloodgill goblins in LOIO.

All of them are amazing spots and doable without twink gear.

Zentile
Old 04-28-2016, 08:17 AM
Fire Giant

To amend OP, I just did 1-30 solo on my iksar monk, it went 1-10 FOB/ Bonebinder warrens, 10-20 kurns ( do basement and camp fingered for your shackle, 20-28 giants in ww (greenwoods), 28-30 brutes in ww, and now at 30 am doing guards in highkeep..so far so good. The bind in combat macro is like having 2 fungis when under 50% hp

I have monk no cash, and believe my bank has around 1800 in it after 1-30
Old 04-28-2016, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1, why would you play on red

and

2, if you are going to play on red, you should group and take advantage of the 50x group xp bonus
You can't be a cunt on red and get away with it, unless you're a pvp jedi or killing someone 6v1. That stops most blue players making the switch.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:42 AM
Fire Giant

Solb near sola zoneline is good and you can move in towards royals/bnb as you lvl
Old 04-28-2016, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the input guise!
Closed Thread