Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Large Rat

Default Monk Weapon advice

Level 37 monk on Blue server... Spent my wad at 35 for schw but wad is building up again so looking for my next upgrade.

I've used a wu's quivering staff since the beginning and I've been eying an imbued fighter's staff because i like the weight and dam ratio but I'm reading lots of good things about the sos so here's the question...

sos + jade mace ~= IFS (cost wise)

Which will get me more bang for my buck?
Old 05-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Buy an sos regardless of any plans.. it stays bis until high end velious weps or sky fist (super rare)

Id honestly buy 2 sos over the jade mace but thats just me. IFS or a peacebringer is also a good buy but personally i always just use epic/sos on my monk. Once you get 50 monk epic is pretty easy and really only one fight that youll need alot of help with. Most of the epic can be soloed/done with a small group
Old 05-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the advice.

The jade mace idea is just a placeholder because I don't have any 1hb items at the moment and I can't afford 2 sos but maybe i can hold out another week or so.

I remember doing the monk epic 17 years ago and after I got the idol from Raster, my friend who 2 boxed a monk/shaman ran me through the rest of it in a day as I recall. (Although it did take a month of camping lguk to finally get him to spawn.)

I hear that all of that can be skipped now if you can scrape together a good group you can kill one of the brothers for the first robe. True? Good alternative? Rare drop or common?
Old 05-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

SoS + JM is about 2.5% better than IFS at your level and improves to about 10% better at 58 when the combo surpasses dual SoS

Dual SoS is about 9% better than IFS at your level and remains relatively unchanged as you level

JM is better below L20 due to damage cap and above L58 due to primary hand damage bonus.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jietoh1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the advice.

The jade mace idea is just a placeholder because I don't have any 1hb items at the moment and I can't afford 2 sos but maybe i can hold out another week or so.

I remember doing the monk epic 17 years ago and after I got the idol from Raster, my friend who 2 boxed a monk/shaman ran me through the rest of it in a day as I recall. (Although it did take a month of camping lguk to finally get him to spawn.)

I hear that all of that can be skipped now if you can scrape together a good group you can kill one of the brothers for the first robe. True? Good alternative? Rare drop or common?
Yeah, you can kill one of the brothers for a robe and skip raster/targin part. I've done all the other fights except last one with sk/shaman, but add in a dps and its alot smoother. Xenevorash will need a warrior tank and more heals/dps though, it's a fairly tough fight
Old 05-09-2016, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

honestly to save money...a Wu's Trance stick and SoS is solid as hell as well....the 83dd proc isn't anything to laugh at..I sold my JM to put money in my JBoots fund, and just got a Wu's trance stick and I really don't feel like things are dying any slower..
Closed Thread