Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't be a cunt on red and get away with it, unless you're a pvp jedi or killing someone 6v1. That stops most blue players making the switch.
Can't be a cunt on red because there is no one to be a cunt to..if a tree falls..
Old 04-28-2016, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

My 47 Ranger can solo the bats zone line in SoldungB, it's pretty dicey though (not great gear either). Decent xp and I guess for a monk it is even quicker.

At 54 some of the bats start spawning green, meaning it will take about 400 solo kills to level.

Before these levels I don't know... I have a 42 wizard, but he just occasionally pops into SK, checks for gnoll scrolls, kill a couple of gnolls if any are up and gates back to qeynos. Not really an option for a monk!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Yetis until they stop giving exp. Spectres, Ogre Guards, Hill Giants also good options. After that, Sol B.

Don't be afraid of killing greens that give exp.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

I'm back at the Yeti's lets go!
Old 05-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
12-20 Kurn's - Great exp, bone chips galore, and wide level range.
Personal preference:
12-19 pit and NE are of Kurns in FoB.
19-24 tunnels in Kurns, crazy exp and no one goes there.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

I avoided the tunnels to keep my Burnai faction okay...which is a pointless thing to have done.

Well I'm 48 on the monk now and my soloing days are just about over. I've hung around SolB and have jumped back and forth between soloing kobolds at a Sol A zone line, farming Sol A, and grouping at bats and bugs.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:32 AM
Kobold

I did the following:

- 1-12ish: FoB
- 12ish-24: Kurn's. I preserved my Burynai faction, but I still did the tunnels -- there are some icebones / charbones that give good XP until 24. Once you're above 20, you should be able to do a circuit from top to bottom of Kurn's, killing everything that gives XP, and then by the time you hit the bottom, zone out, and zone back in, the top should have repopped.
- 24-30: WW
- 30-40: FM
- 40-45ish: CoM (this was exclusively grouping)
- 45ish-51ish: SolB Kobolds (this was exclusively grouping)
- 51-55: SolB Bugs and Bats (you can solo again because you can bind wound to 70%). Also, groups for LDCs or Efreeti are great.

At 55, BnB XP is trash because level 38-41 mobs are XP green, so only 1/5 of the bugs and bats give full XP. LDCs would be viable grouping, but that would require substantially better equipment than I have currently. I'm still figuring out whether or not there are any good solo places left for a monk with my gear.

From 1-50, my equipment was Wu's Quivering Staff, 2 Trance Sticks (I only used them to keep up my 1hb), a couple medicine bags for bandages and shurikens, cured silk armor that I tailored myself, and random drops (eg, Crescent Armor from Dalnir, Droga rings, Forest Loops, Targishin's Bone Mask). After that, I gradually upgraded to what I currently have (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Meviin) in roughly this priority:
- Haste item (SCHW or FBSS)
- IFS for 2HB, Jade Mace / SoS for 1HBs
- Weight reduction bags. Large Soiled Bag is great for bandages / shurikens (if you spend some time in SolB around BnB / LDCs, you'll likely get one for free). There are a bunch of cheap weight reduction bags that have 8 slots, 0.4 weight, and have between 20-35% WR (http://wiki.project1999.com/Weight-reducing_Bags). To upgrade after that, you need to shell out 5k for a Tinkerer's bag. But getting one of those is also totally worth it.
- Shackle of Steel quest (probably not worth it in terms of time investment, but I enjoy doing quests, and it's a great bracer)
- Epic quest
- Misc gear (eg, Black Panther Boots)

Next on my agenda is jboots.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did the following:

- 1-12ish: FoB
- 12ish-24: Kurn's. I preserved my Burynai faction, but I still did the tunnels -- there are some icebones / charbones that give good XP until 24. Once you're above 20, you should be able to do a circuit from top to bottom of Kurn's, killing everything that gives XP, and then by the time you hit the bottom, zone out, and zone back in, the top should have repopped.
- 24-30: WW
- 30-40: FM
- 40-45ish: CoM (this was exclusively grouping)
- 45ish-51ish: SolB Kobolds (this was exclusively grouping)
- 51-55: SolB Bugs and Bats (you can solo again because you can bind wound to 70%). Also, groups for LDCs or Efreeti are great.

At 55, BnB XP is trash because level 38-41 mobs are XP green, so only 1/5 of the bugs and bats give full XP. LDCs would be viable grouping, but that would require substantially better equipment than I have currently. I'm still figuring out whether or not there are any good solo places left for a monk with my gear.

From 1-50, my equipment was Wu's Quivering Staff, 2 Trance Sticks (I only used them to keep up my 1hb), a couple medicine bags for bandages and shurikens, cured silk armor that I tailored myself, and random drops (eg, Crescent Armor from Dalnir, Droga rings, Forest Loops, Targishin's Bone Mask). After that, I gradually upgraded to what I currently have (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Meviin) in roughly this priority:
- Haste item (SCHW or FBSS)
- IFS for 2HB, Jade Mace / SoS for 1HBs
- Weight reduction bags. Large Soiled Bag is great for bandages / shurikens (if you spend some time in SolB around BnB / LDCs, you'll likely get one for free). There are a bunch of cheap weight reduction bags that have 8 slots, 0.4 weight, and have between 20-35% WR (http://wiki.project1999.com/Weight-reducing_Bags). To upgrade after that, you need to shell out 5k for a Tinkerer's bag. But getting one of those is also totally worth it.
- Shackle of Steel quest (probably not worth it in terms of time investment, but I enjoy doing quests, and it's a great bracer)
- Epic quest
- Misc gear (eg, Black Panther Boots)

Next on my agenda is jboots.

55 seems to be the stopping point for solo xp for many many classes, as a monk you could find groups 55-60 easily
Closed Thread