Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 07-23-2015, 05:22 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's your evidence? Have any screen shots from classic showing it worked different? Maybe some posts from this era about how it worked in pvp?
"Where's your evidence?"

Could say the same but this kinda argumentation is pointless.

I agree colgate that if this was hard to resist it would be really strong against casters.
All i am saying is that i do not agree with making it useless.

Ill see if i can find any information about this but i doubt it.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:24 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Where's your evidence?"

Could say the same but this kinda argumentation is pointless.

I agree colgate that if this was hard to resist it would be really strong against casters.
All i am saying is that i do not agree with making it useless.

Ill see if i can find any information about this but i doubt it.
Yes!!

There is no way of knowing what the resist code was like in classic but making spells and songs garbage is not the solution.

No point in talking about evidence unless we can find some information about it and i don't think that's gonna be out there.
So loooong ago.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatm3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes!!

There is no way of knowing what the resist code was like in classic but making spells and songs garbage is not the solution.

No point in talking about evidence unless we can find some information about it and i don't think that's gonna be out there.
So loooong ago.
Actually since this song has stun + other component, it checks for resist against both components and if either one is resisted, the song will be resisted entirely.

Need dev to confirm, thats how it always worked afaik.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:54 AM
Banned

try crusading for this instead:

Bards have cancel magic, cure poison and cure disease. However, bard cure disease and cure poison is broken, and has been for a long time (years? decades? I can't keep track). It worked, badly, for a short period of time, but somehow, that technology was broken or lost. I'm sure if someone asked the developer that made the change that broke this, his response would be "bards? Oh, I hadn't thought of bards."

http://www.afterlifeguild.org/Thott/retune.php
Old 07-23-2015, 07:28 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
try crusading for this instead:

Bards have cancel magic, cure poison and cure disease. However, bard cure disease and cure poison is broken, and has been for a long time (years? decades? I can't keep track). It worked, badly, for a short period of time, but somehow, that technology was broken or lost. I'm sure if someone asked the developer that made the change that broke this, his response would be "bards? Oh, I hadn't thought of bards."

http://www.afterlifeguild.org/Thott/retune.php
Hmmm! Interesting...
Old 07-23-2015, 08:52 AM
Banned

Lite posted on it before, check his posts in this forum also.

Unsure why it was never looked into.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:38 PM
Banned

denon's bereavement landing contributed to ruining pvp for over a year on this server until they fixed it

not interested in seeing this retarded spell land again
Old 07-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

but t staff is good right? melees with unresistable manaless stuns is completely balanced no?

claiming this song ruined pvp is laughable with the current mechanics on the server.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 07-23-2015 at 03:48 PM..
Old 07-23-2015, 03:55 PM
Banned

tstaff is classic, denon's bereavement landing on decently geared players is not classic

comparing a song that you can infinitely spam against a very rare drop weapon where you rely on a proc isn't exactly fair

denon's bereavement made the game worse for casters than tstaffs ever have
Old 07-23-2015, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's your evidence? Have any screen shots from classic showing it worked different? Maybe some posts from this era about how it worked in pvp?
with the absence of evidence, one way or another, you should revert to the standard

is the standard resist rate being met for a poison based proc or spell?

the problem with colgates argument is he goes back and forth between saying its classic or unbalancing, pick an argument and stick with it