Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 07-12-2015, 05:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p sure the code literally says

if your dex > their agi

+ x% hitrate
This can't be the case, because hit chance increases linearly with DEX values all the way up to and above the defender's AGI.

Also, EQEmu source already has a statement in the hit check function that subtracts hit chance based on the defender's AGI alone. It's likely that Null simply added an opposing statement that increases it based on the attacker's DEX alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So questions I have are. All melee should be around 74% accuracy reguardless of stats or +attack?

should anyting increase accuracy besides disc?
As far as I know there are only five other factors involved besides hit discs:
  1. level difference between the attacker and defender
  2. attacker's weapon skill
  3. accuracy portion of the attacker's ATK
  4. defender's defense skill
  5. defender's AGI
Old 07-12-2015, 06:48 AM
Fire Giant

What should be the formula for accuracy? I kind of think its one of those unknown codes.

Like buhbuh said there were factors at hand that did increase accuracy. This is anecdotal but on TZ I do remember Gylen with primal brawl stick. He was annoying and hurt when he was on you but when it procced he was like Sauron in LOTR mowing people down.

I play a warrior and I peronally liked to see accuracy brought down so that there is still room to grow for accuracy in velius with primals.

I suspect that accuracy should come more from +attack. SO when a primal goes off you get the +100 attack and also your str gets capped which is more attack
Old 07-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, it's really hard to deduce what component from Avatar procs made melees complete monsters in PvP, but atk power was probably the most significant thing to change when it did proc.

I thought atk power made it so that hits you do connect with become more consistently top end, but if hit rate% is calculated from that too, I don't know.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Stats

It sounds like from this, Strength is the only thing that directly effects hit rate % on normal auto attacks. Dex hit rate is apparently only in relation to special abilities (Flying Kick, Backstab, etc.) and proc rates. Hit rate % calculated by strength sounds more reasonable. That was probably the reason Ogres and Trolls were considered the best during this era. There was no real way to max the really important combat stats during this era without being either one of those two races.

Though with the current amount of gear in Kunark, lots of people are able to max strength with buffs, so we might see the same ordeal even if it were changed. It just seems like the hit rate in PvP is absurd. Well geared Enchanters could chain rune through damage on live, Shamans could tank with Torpor on - but here, if a melee even gets close to me, I bounce. It's just too dangerous being anywhere close to them.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Id like to point out possible implications of this find. Everyone probably thinking "OMG nerf melee now". I think its more Nerf max stat accuracy but also bring up accuracy for those who dont have max stat.

Yes 85% seems hi to me but the 62% seems low.

Perhaps change the code to bass of str and attack but have tighter window.

For example.

lets say 150 str you at 75% and every 10 str below or above is a +-1 accuracy
Old 07-13-2015, 05:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes 85% seems hi to me but the 62% seems low.
Haven't been able to find much archived info about hit chance in PvP, but in this thread from early 2004, a 65 paladin is testing bash vs. a 65 wizard and a 65 monk. Combat skill caps for a L65 were the same as they were for a L60 in Velious, but average stats including STR/ATK were likely higher.

His accuracy vs. the wizard was 230/390 = 61.3%
2nd trial vs. wizard was 75/132 = 56.8%
Vs. the monk it's 33/89 = 37.1%

If anything, 62% vs. a 200 defense shaman is still too high (though removing the effect of that 75 dex in the "low" parse would likely bring it in line), especially considering I had no bonus ATK from worn items or buffs in those parses.
Last edited by Technique; 07-13-2015 at 05:58 AM..
Old 07-13-2015, 07:12 AM
Fire Giant

does bash have same accuracy as auto attack melee?

I dont know the answer but I cant imagine melee only getting 37% accuracy against front facing monk
Old 07-13-2015, 07:59 AM
Sarnak

Bash had a skill cap of 200 and a monk's defense capped at 252.

AGI is also having an exaggerated (subtractive) effect on hit chance compared to distro EQEMu. The fact is we won't know how the system stands in relation to classic EQ until these customizations are removed.
Last edited by Technique; 07-13-2015 at 08:12 AM..
Old 07-13-2015, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

that amount of hit rate versus a monk doesn't account for potential AAs everyone had access to during that era, like Lightning Reflex, etc etc.

If Dex is the only modifier, though, that's sort of retarded
Old 07-14-2015, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

I mean, that mechinic is kinda cool now that I think about it although I wish i had known about it. my 105 dex warrior (when geared) cant hit monks because their AGI is greater? this would also explain why this halfling warrior with worse gear same level was hitting me a lot more often. damn I wish I had put my pts into dex and not sta, or hell even agi if I knew it was going to matter in pvp.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

go halfling warior