Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look I play a wizard and I want you to be right but claiming unresistable at 160+ is insane
I'm not here to debate what you consider is or isn't insane, I'm here to make classic changes this isn't a what you will accept sort of deal. This isn't meet in the middle I posted more evidence that it worked like a lure vs your nothing that it didn't.

I'm sorry but that's classic, deal with it.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live in classic era, Intelligence based Caster's were all give a low resist knockback(or stun) to use in PvP as a spell interrupt. This added the dynamic of timing spells.

Wizard-Shock of Lightning(Landed like a Lure could partial but almost never saw resist)Knockback

Mage-Shock of Blades(Landed like a Lure could partial but almost never saw resist)Knockback

Enchanter-Chaotic Feeback(Landed like Lure like all enchanter spells always landed for full)Stun

Necromancer-Poison bolt(Landed about the same rate as splurt)Knockback

Currently these spells are being resisted regularly by Low to Moderate MR/PR targets. Even at 136 MR testing 2 out of 5 Shock of Lightnings were resisted. The results were worse for the other spells.

Since Wizard's were easily one of the most prevalent classes during Classic PvP Shock of Lightning is the easiest spell to find proof for.

Here are some Excerpts from Velious/Luclin era of players talking about the spell...

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...t-resisting-it

Here's a Screenshot of a Shock of Lightning landing on a Level 60 High MR fully buffed very well known PvP Druid from Velious/Luclin Era

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's another

Here's an example of someone's gear from that era showing the MR was close to if not higher than we have here.

This is more proof than we have ever required to make any previous PvP change here.
Second screenshot shows SoL not interrupting the person, nor does it show a "you channeled" message

Third screenshot doesn't show anything relevant? No shock of lightning, no knockback; am I missing something?
Old 05-18-2015, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luniz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Second screenshot shows SoL not interrupting the person, nor does it show a "you channeled" message

Third screenshot doesn't show anything relevant? No shock of lightning, no knockback; am I missing something?
The spells landed at the same exact time so as the shock of lightning was landing on Darwoth the Scoriae was landing on Salade.

So no interrupt happened since both were done with the cast as the spells landed, rare as fuck to see, but happens.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:14 PM
Banned

I can tell by the sound argument and "noise" you are using to support yourself provided in this thread, that you lack higher education, and quite possibly work in fast food or retail.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Banned

Carmine robe and being full no drop doesn't say 160+ mr to me man sorry (from the screen shot)

Honestly when I tested SoL for you in the bug thread I thought to myself

"Maybe its getting 100% resisted, I'll test, he won't, I feel bad" and I woulda said "hey at 130 range we could just have a couple partials in there instead of full every time"...

but the results I got back in my testing were damn good to me
Old 05-18-2015, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Carmine robe and being full no drop doesn't say 160+ mr to me man sorry (from the screen shot)

Honestly when I tested SoL for you in the bug thread I thought to myself

"Maybe its getting 100% resisted, I'll test, he won't, I feel bad" and I woulda said "hey at 130 range we could just have a couple partials in there instead of full every time"...

but the results I got back in my testing were damn good to me
I'm going to go over this with you one last time...The Wizard in the Carmine robe is irrelevant, because we has casting the sol. The SOL landed on DARWOTH the druid!

That's why I used Darwoth getting hit by SOL's as an example because he was one of the best geared newts on Sullon Zek.

This isn't argue quest Nirgon, your opinion doesn't fucking matter. WTF are you to decide what is fair in regards to an emu that is based on CLASSIC PvP. Can you give any evidence that people resisted SOL in PvP. Because I have provided tons that it wasn't.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luniz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

retort syft?
Old 05-18-2015, 05:15 PM
Banned

I'm pointing out that every person you've pointed out as not resisting shock of lightning has less than 150 MR, period.

For instance how shitty that wizard is (good for his era, dog shit here)

Or the fact that Darwoth in those SS doesn't have bard songs or even buffs in one of the screens

If he did? I bet he'd get some resists on shock but the bard wouldn't have a selo drum or be lvl 60 for instance

Darwoth has no buffs in the screenshot where the wiz zaps him and still gets a 17 dmg (low) partial

I can tell you for a fact he wasn't rocking a crown of rile, azure sky, staff of gabstik etc... he's a druid... list out his possible top end MR without buffs and see that he partials it.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm pointing out that every person you've pointed out as not resisting shock of lightning has less than 150 MR, period.

For instance how shitty that wizard is (good for his era, dog shit here)

Or the fact that Darwoth in those SS doesn't have bard songs or even buffs in one of the screens

If he did? I bet he'd get some resists on shock but the bard wouldn't have a selo drum or be lvl 60 for instance

Darwoth has no buffs in the screenshot where the wiz zaps him and still gets a 17 dmg (low) partial

I can tell you for a fact he wasn't rocking a crown of rile, azure sky, staff of gabstik etc... he's a druid... list out his possible top end MR without buffs and see that he partials it.
Do you have a screenshot of someone resisting shock of lightning because at this point your being ridiculous.

You can't ask for proof get it and then offer nothing more than your opinion to refute the proof.

Post a screenshot of someone resisting sol or move on.

Come On I've posted people saying they never saw it resisted, screenshots of high mr targets with it landing.

Didn't you play a Wizard all through classic? Didn't you post screenshots of your character from classic? If you can't find a single screenshot of someone resisting it when you claim you saw it all the time I don't know what to tell you.