Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 04-30-2015, 10:23 AM
Banned

Default MR line of spells

Lets be real here, its not right, clerics/ench's cant hurt a fly now and wizards MR spells are completely fucked as well. I guess i'm going to start posting MR stress test results here because its being ignored and is way off.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Banned

classic
Old 04-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Banned

Should have item loot so people aren't always dressed to the 9s in resist gear

These are support classes btw
Old 04-30-2015, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah it's actually pretty classic.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:05 PM
Kobold

Who cares if it's classic or not. Enchanters were excellent during this time frame on live, even against geared people... because geared people weren't wearing Rile, Azure Sky, etc.

It wasn't until Velious and infiltration of BD gear, and then raid gear, that enchanters couldn't deal any damage.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daefuin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who cares if it's classic or not. Enchanters were excellent during this time frame on live, even against geared people... because geared people weren't wearing Rile, Azure Sky, etc.

It wasn't until Velious and infiltration of BD gear, and then raid gear, that enchanters couldn't deal any damage.
I see you've met Colgate and Nirgon the biggest bane to pvp on this server, Colgate was too young to ever play classic and Nirgon was so fucking blue he didn't even use SOL on his wizard on rallos.

They have turned rogue's and monks into death machines by constantly crying that people should resist all spells. They want the thresholds for resists set to classic lvls even tho Kunark was out classically for 7 months not 4 years.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:31 AM
Kobold

Well, I think there's something to be said for having resists set in a manner in which CC's are hard to land. What's the problem with casters being able to do respectable damage though?

On live the most successful solo pvp'ers were casters... they had more versatility and could still do respectable damage even versus the "geared" people of that era - even if they were approaching CC immunity levels. Melee's shined in dungeons, group PvP, and "organized" fights.

On this server, admittedly based on somewhat limited experience, it appears as if melee are the superior choice in virtually all settings. CC immune, nuke resistant machines with the highest damage output in the game with no reliance on mana.

Seems odd to me when solo rogues are running around solo'ing druids and necros while being, without a doubt, a superior choice in dungeons/groups/etc.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:46 AM
Fire Giant

Shouldn't MR nukes land more than roots? I don't have any real samples, but I once landed root on a guy 9/10 times and during this he resisted my cleric magic nuke 7/7 times. He literally just sat there in root until I ran oom since I couldn't land a nuke.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daefuin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I think there's something to be said for having resists set in a manner in which CC's are hard to land. What's the problem with casters being able to do respectable damage though?

On live the most successful solo pvp'ers were casters... they had more versatility and could still do respectable damage even versus the "geared" people of that era - even if they were approaching CC immunity levels. Melee's shined in dungeons, group PvP, and "organized" fights.

On this server, admittedly based on somewhat limited experience, it appears as if melee are the superior choice in virtually all settings. CC immune, nuke resistant machines with the highest damage output in the game with no reliance on mana.

Seems odd to me when solo rogues are running around solo'ing druids and necros while being, without a doubt, a superior choice in dungeons/groups/etc.
Couldn't agree more and there are numerous reasons for it here.

Line of Sight here requires both beginning and end of cast to land the spell, so melees can easily duck spells by just moving around something. This forces you into a melees perfect killing zone.

Damage is all jacked up instead of seeing high dmg hits occasionally, most hits land for 60%-100% of their max dmg. Remember when Rogues used to have to get your dmg shield off or they'd kill themselves on it lol well here they'll murder you 4x over before it dents their life.

Ac is jacked up, AC doesn't factor miss rate at all, hits roll solely off the melee's skill in the weapon so their miss rate here is wayyyyy lower than live.

Then Full resists are off, we should be seeing partials on spells much more often then we are here, on live I had tremendous fire and cold and I still saw partials on a lot of spells. Also rains seemed to land a lot better, here I can stand in rains all day when on live you never stood in a rain. That plus z -axis being off and you having to be on the same lvl of the person to rain them, cant be above or below or your oor.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

Default .

enchanter nukes never did dmg on live, chaotic feedback landed all the way up to like 170-180 mr, that was about it

enchanters with a cure shield still the most feared class here on red99

cleric nukes did partial more on live than they do here, but they were extremely low partials, like 50-120 dmg.

The fact that cleric nukes get full resists is not really classic, unless u have 170+ mr.

But no way to prove any of this stuff, just all in my memory from tallon zek early server.