Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 04-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Developer

What do you mean by zonewide pet assist?

H
Old 04-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish we could get double bolts for free tho, cus thats real classic.
Using the cliff in Cobalt Scar to fork bolts onto wyverns and drakes was good times.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

H
Glad u asked sir

Basically if you do a /pet attack on someone it should try to attack but because of distance it doesn't run off after them

However, the threat list (or however it works behind the scenes) should be maintained and you can then /assist it for a target anywhere in zone.

This may just be as "simple" as making it possible to get an assist target zone wide. Which I am also relatively sure is classic... whether it is from a pet or not. I am certain about the assisting the pet functionality.
Last edited by Nirgon; 04-09-2015 at 04:07 PM..
Old 04-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyGlue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck the bolts . Fix the pets mr

To be honest this is very true..

You could MR buff a mage epic pet, and even in Velious my fully Vulak geared warrior could barely solo it... You could never snare/root the pet without first dispelling the Pet..

MR buff for the pets should be a must and the resist for them should be on par with players of the same resist (mr wise)

An epic Mage pet could solo an entire group of players level 60 not put in check.... However they are penalized by pets not zoning with them and having to have a buff class to MR their pet. The mage epic pet was one of if not the most feared thing in classic/ even velious..
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Last edited by Kringe; 04-09-2015 at 05:16 PM..
Old 04-10-2015, 02:17 AM
Banned

Yah even with resist magic it gets rooted easily pmuch every time and loses velocity atm

Stats did more for NPCs. They had lower values with greater impact.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:31 AM
Sarnak

In classic everquest the mage bolt lines which is the same mechanics as our flare spell would be zone wide, had unlimited range on them. You could get a target and cast it on someone all the way across the zone. Granted terrain would make the bolt disappear but it would point you in the right direction of them. You would use flare so you wouldnt waste a lot of mana to do this because you would have to cast it multiple times until you saw the person. Mages were the ninjas of classic everquest being able to snipe people at a orc camp from so far away in east commonlands that nobody in the group could see you was how it balanced everything out.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest this is very true..

You could MR buff a mage epic pet, and even in Velious my fully Vulak geared warrior could barely solo it... You could never snare/root the pet without first dispelling the Pet..

MR buff for the pets should be a must and the resist for them should be on par with players of the same resist (mr wise)

An epic Mage pet could solo an entire group of players level 60 not put in check.... However they are penalized by pets not zoning with them and having to have a buff class to MR their pet. The mage epic pet was one of if not the most feared thing in classic/ even velious..
The resists are generally a big issue on emu servers. And pets is very off compared to classic live.
I remember 3 Mage Epic pets saving a Vulak raid after the last tank bid the grass.
Mainly because they were so resistant to just about everything when they were buffed with resist buffs.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElemtalRZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic everquest the mage bolt lines which is the same mechanics as our flare spell would be zone wide, had unlimited range on them. You could get a target and cast it on someone all the way across the zone. Granted terrain would make the bolt disappear but it would point you in the right direction of them. You would use flare so you wouldnt waste a lot of mana to do this because you would have to cast it multiple times until you saw the person. Mages were the ninjas of classic everquest being able to snipe people at a orc camp from so far away in east commonlands that nobody in the group could see you was how it balanced everything out.
no
Old 04-10-2015, 10:44 AM
Banned

bolt has a range value on lucy....
Old 04-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

H
I think he is talking about this patch, where it was fixed:

Quote:
/pet attack range has been limited to prevent its use as a targeting tool. Asking pets to attack targets outside the range will generate a "not a legal target" message.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020508.html