Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 04-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Banned

You could fire a bolt without a target and it would go insanely far but

lol @ being able to get a target and bolt them from everywhere in the zone, dat ain't true

It had very very long range but not anything close to infinite.. I leveled in North Karana on live and would pull griffawns etc from just within lightning bolt range

Dunno about flare, might be true for that one

Thx for prof link there Evilkorn pal
Old 04-10-2015, 06:16 PM
Banned

I know using sorrowsong boots and then selo while the bolt traveled, it was good for hitting targets across the zone.

With an absolutely 100% clear LoS though, a fucking pebble would absorb the bolt.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElemtalRZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic everquest the mage bolt lines which is the same mechanics as our flare spell would be zone wide, had unlimited range on them. You could get a target and cast it on someone all the way across the zone. Granted terrain would make the bolt disappear but it would point you in the right direction of them. You would use flare so you wouldnt waste a lot of mana to do this because you would have to cast it multiple times until you saw the person. Mages were the ninjas of classic everquest being able to snipe people at a orc camp from so far away in east commonlands that nobody in the group could see you was how it balanced everything out.
I remember bolts being able to travel for a very far distance but I feel like I remember there being a LoS check at the beginning of the cast, granted it was long.
I kind of don't really remember though, Mage was my first character and I was young.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:19 AM
Banned

HAYNAR PLEASE, forget the bolts fix the pet resists
Old 06-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Banned

mage epic pet should be relatively hard to CC, and when you put a resist magic buff on it, it should be borderline impossible

i believe it should be running slightly faster than it currently does
Old 06-19-2015, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Patch Notes: Sunday, July 14th, 2013

Sundawg: Magician Epic Pets will no longer enrage at low health. Minor changes to runspeed and magic resistance.
The enrage fix obviously went in, but there was no change to runspeed and it doesn't seem MR was changed either.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mage epic pet should be relatively hard to CC, and when you put a resist magic buff on it, it should be borderline impossible

i believe it should be running slightly faster than it currently does
where is the proof tho? seriously asking.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Banned

Look man, not everything was documented. Not everything in the entire game was put into the form of a patch note. I don't have a patch note for my two dads but I love them just the same and I fully recognize their union.
Old 06-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Banned

it was easy to cc mage pets that had been tashed. without tash, you werent landing root.