Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephirith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin ~= Ranger < SK < Wizard < Mage < Bard < Rogue < Warrior < Enchanter < Shaman < Cleric < Necro < Monk < Druid

At least as of February...

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ass+statistics
I would think there are less Wizards than Sk's. Other than that I think list is pretty accurate.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

There were like 7 paladins in the BOTB, so that's telling you something.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FYI the above data was based on /who all lists, which doesn't take into account anonymous people. Someone from the staff (I think Uthgaard or Nilbog) posted a much more detailed chart a while ago in this forum.
False, /who all count ignores anon and just reports a number, not a list of people matching the criteria.

IE: 3 paladins on the server, one: L5 Paladin, two: L57 paladin, three: L60 paladin /anon.

/who all paladin:
L5 Paladin
L57 Knight

/who all paladin count:
Old 10-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Fire Giant

Looking at our raid make up - pallys are like gone... every main pally just goes poof after like a month... cept Vonhammer and he was orig a necro.

I even started an alt Pally!

I think having 2 60 Knights will be fun...after...ranger!

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 10-31-2012, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephirith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin ~= Ranger < SK < Wizard < Mage < Bard < Rogue < Warrior < Enchanter < Shaman < Cleric < Necro < Monk < Druid
I'm a gigantic /who count all whore, and this feels pretty accurate still today. I'd say that paladins are definitely less common than rangers, though they are both ridiculously less common than anything else.

The thing that is interesting to me is the difference in /who count all and /who count all 50 60. If you do a /who count all bard at primetime you'll see like 35-40 bards online. But only 6 of those bards will be 50-60. Paladins are the same, there will be like 20 paladins total but only 3 above 50. Clerics are the opposite, there will be like 70 clerics online of 600 total players, but 40 50-60 clerics out of 250 50-60 players.

Fun stuff.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-31-2012 at 09:41 AM..
Old 10-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Fire Giant

Bard is a cool class when you start it. Only later you will find out that it's such a busy class as well, too busy for most people.
Paladins are not essential in high level groups + they cant really solo, that makes for a bad high level experience. I would expect the same for shadow knights. Plus all those classes (and Rangers) have big xp penalties, making leveling less fun.
I think the class xp penalties should go away, even if it is not classic. Makes no sense to me to punish the least desired classes even further.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Kobold

^Agree
Old 10-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

I have been able to solo decently with my pally up to the 40s thus far- his gear is way OP for the content, Arbitors 2h Dwarven cultural smithed armor RBB - and even at times when certian mobs became light blue and are worthless to EXP its been rough moveing to another spot untill you get another level of def and atk to counteract the mobs increased dps and hp... so to say as the norm to solo as a pally is imo not the case.

Leveling my SK was much easyer to solo deff outdoor as once I could snare something I could kill it...eventually-- however this was BEFORE all the pet exp nerf things- so I could snare, dcloud pet attack and just run all over the place and my pet would eventualy kill the thing- specs at 35 etc etc... cant do that now with pet exp- or as a pally...

Bards can swarm, but perfecting that takes time.

Rangers...I dont know, never really did ranger sans a assling on live till like 31

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 10-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Paladin solo might be slow, even twinked, but once you're 45 you can pretty much kill anything you would want to xp on given some time. It's not great, but it's better than being a rogue or warrior who can't find a partner/group.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Root + DW helm alters pally soloing 44+. It'll still take forever and a day due to low DPS, but you can outheal, mana free.

Bard is not a melee as far as soloing is concerned. Swarm kiting is much more caster-like if you have to bin it into either "caster" or "melee".
Closed Thread