Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

jboots might be the only thing that would justify the spending over haste.

But jboots are so easily replaced on the cheap by sow pots. And if you're going to group you're only going to need speed to get to-from the dungeon, so if you buy a port simply get a sow from the dial a port druid.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jboots might be the only thing that would justify the spending over haste.

But jboots are so easily replaced on the cheap by sow pots. And if you're going to group you're only going to need speed to get to-from the dungeon, so if you buy a port simply get a sow from the dial a port druid.
Outdoor dungeons like Unrest, Mistmoore, CoM, & KC beg to differ with you about the need for speed. Paladin can pull well if he learns how, run-speed buffs are very helpful when pulling (super valuable for lull pullers if you're at a place where it's feasible to zone on a critical fail), and you don't always have a SoW caster in group. I completely agree with SoW pot suggestion tho, you will not come close to consuming 7k worth of SoW pots using them only for travel & pulling when no SoW caster is available.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

this is terrible advice, buy jboots and do not rely on sow potions.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I own 0 pairs of JBoots and I can't say I've ever died from lacking them, and any time I need to travel I always have a SoW potion so I'll get there 20% faster than a JBoot wearer and when I go indoors my runspeed buff lasts twice as long.

SoW Potions rock socks. No reason to get JBoots unless you can't hold 2-3 potions.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right back at you. I'd say your earlier dismissal of haste as "overrated" is the most terrible advice in this thread.

I used SoW pots for a long time on most of my characters and loved the shit out of them because they're cheap, faster than jboots (if you're higher than L9), and can be used to buff somebody else. My cleric still carries a 10-charge just to be able to buff a puller when necessary.

The convenience of jboots (unlimited charges so no resupply) is very nice, but it's pure convenience and not a necessity.

The insta-click non-targeted junkbuff aspect of jboots is fantastic in certain content at high level, but that's far from important at lower level. When I raided I valued the junkbuff more than the convenience.

JBoots MQ goes for 7k-ish these days, that's well over 700 charges of SoW if you vendor your 10-charge when it has 1 charge left. Most of your SoW should come from groupmates & others, so effectively you could rely on SoW pots forever unless you play in content where the junkbuff is important (basicly a fraction of outdoor raid content.)
Old 07-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

I can list a couple dozen deaths that I'd have taken, some of them in very bad places like the center of the plane of fear or skyfire, had it not been for a jboot clicky. Even if you put your sow behind other buffs it can get dispelled while you're pulling/kiting/training and you can't exactly stop to cast in that situation.

So even though I'd recommend sow pots at low level, eventually I do think everyone should own jboots, just think you need to buy your haste first.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Is there that much that will catch up with you when running diagonally that won't reach you while using Jboots (ignoring encumberance)?

I thought things were basically sow speed (so diagonal/jboots won't save you but diagonal sow will) or normal speed, with a few exceptions such as scarabs?
Old 07-16-2015, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

What does a 1 charge sow pot sell for to a vendor?
Old 07-16-2015, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

lots of ppl posting lots of words. you do not need a haste item, you will never regret purchasing jboots. if you have 7k and you dont want to regret not having 7k, then do not buy incremental and unnecessary upgrades that all end up replaceable on the cheap in 2 weeks. buy something you will always use and always appreciate having... buy jboots.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

people telling this guy to buy fbss are bad, ignore them.

get jboots if you don't want to farm them for yourself. it's most of your budget, but the biggest impact you could make on your character with this plat. spend the rest on slot filler jewelcrafter jewelry, a cheap HBC, a cheap SSB, or really anything cheap that gives health. or save for another big ticket item. If you're on red server, suggestion changes to jboots + spyglass + gobby earring.

if you solo as a paladin a lot (lol) and you want more damage, get a weapon that isn't shit before even thinking about haste.

btw you can get a free nodrop haste belt from forager/hunter cycle while doing your sebilis key

just get those jboots, save the rest, and get yourself leveled for planar raids. as a pally you'll gear up in nodrops quickly with zero loot competition. you would be a fool to waste your limited funds on droppable items you're going to replace before you even hit level 50, that will tank in value in a month.
Last edited by Xaanka; 07-16-2015 at 05:51 PM..
Closed Thread