Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's funny, because I've been on since 6:30PM. It's 10:30PM now and have only had 1 orc hill group offer, which I had to leave because mobs were turning green.
Try Crushbone much? Create your own group?

Quote:

This wasn't a bitch thread about not getting groups. This was about the game being CLEARLY different than classic in respect to how melee works. I'm not going to flex my e-peen about how I've played EQ longer than you, but I've got enough common sense to make simple observations.

I played a dwarf cleric back in '99, and I'm playing one right now. Soloing to level 20 for a surname, an experience that I can remember as if it happened yesterday, was largely easier than it is right now on this Emulated server, and I've got better gear on here than I did back then.

It's not incredibly difficult to fathom that formulas may be off.
So 2-3 people bitching about it in the last 6 months since they did the melee fix obviously means its completely broken.

Coming onto the Bugs forum and whining about how you remember doing more melee damage in classic is not going to get help from the dev's. How about some screenshots? Parses? ANY proof other than "well i played EQ a lot and I remember it being much easier than it is here."
Old 05-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Sarnak

Not to contribute to the OP's attitude (which is whiny and ineffective at his ultimate goal), but I do find it a little weird that at level 22, I still miss when bonking orc pawns on the head. Occasional misses are expected, of course, but I seem to miss about 40-ish percent of the time. Of course, this is a statistic based on my rough estimation and not any observed, measurable data. It does seem that misses are a little too common.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about to take some screen shots of this. It pretty much looks like you are exaggeration more and more with every post in hopes the dev's will look at you.
Got any ideas on what I can do to get the file size on a pic down enough to post it here? Or should I try and do a photobucket link?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Aviak

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4124845...23982/sizes/o/

Well here's a link to me fighting a green mob and missing about 4 in 10... Thats a 40% miss rate on a WAY lower level mob... Seems a little high...
Old 05-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got any ideas on what I can do to get the file size on a pic down enough to post it here? Or should I try and do a photobucket link?
You should be able to resize in paint and use imgur.com to upload and then imbed the pictures.

I would hope you are planning to post more than 1 shot and get a few shots of each mob/level and with a level range/difficulty.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4124845...23982/sizes/o/

Well here's a link to me fighting a green mob and missing about 4 in 10... Thats a 40% miss rate on a WAY lower level mob... Seems a little high...
Multiple examples would be useful. Of course this is all /rand to see whether you hit or not. A 10 swing sample is a very small sample to tell whether or not it is off. For instance, your first 5 swings had a 60% miss rate. But your last 5 swings had a 20% miss rate.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Sarnak

President, you seem incredibly ignorant and slow to accept that there may be any sort of issue here. This is a forum for posting "BUGS", is it not? Is that not what this post was for?

You're welcome to keep your head tucked nicely inside your own ass and stay oblivious to actual issues.

"Go group in crushbone!!!111one" isn't advice, it's arrogant drivel that doesn't belong in this post. I'd make you pretty log files to give exact comparisons from live to here and even post you some shiny screenshots, but it's obvious that you're too busy admiring your own ego for it to matter.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
President, you seem incredibly ignorant and slow to accept that there may be any sort of issue here. This is a forum for posting "BUGS", is it not? Is that not what this post was for?

You're welcome to keep your head tucked nicely inside your own ass and stay oblivious to actual issues.

"Go group in crushbone!!!111one" isn't advice, it's arrogant drivel that doesn't belong in this post. I'd make you pretty log files to give exact comparisons from live to here and even post you some shiny screenshots, but it's obvious that you're too busy admiring your own ego for it to matter.
Hahaha. Call me ignorant, say I have my head up my ass, oblivious to issues, and admiring my own ego after all the crap you posted so far in this thread? Hilarious.

You could continue to make yourself look retarded, or you can start doing what Morndenkainen is doing and posting useful information for the dev's to work off of.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be able to resize in paint and use imgur.com to upload and then imbed the pictures.

I would hope you are planning to post more than 1 shot and get a few shots of each mob/level and with a level range/difficulty.
Of course I am, Im a little concerned bout fighting anything blue, though, i've lost enough experience today as it is... Greens should show you beyond a reasonable doubt though that there ARE issues with the hit/miss rate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4124845...55258/sizes/o/
A scrawny gnoll inside blackburrow took 8 attacks, 3 were misses, only 2 did full damage, and the critical did a mere 6 damage.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4124845...40385/sizes/o/
A gnoll in qeynos hills outside the mouth of blackburrow (Supposedly) a weaker gnoll, 13 attacks, 4 misses, and 4 did gimped damage.
Last edited by Morndenkainen; 05-18-2010 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: photo descript.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Aviak

Its late, if you want more pics, your just going to have to wait until tomorrow, I've already stayed up a bit later than I intended to just to give you some pics... If you want to find out first hand, make yourself a barbarian warrior and count your swings/misses. You'll find out first hand, im not bullshitting you. Until then, can you guys keep this topic about the miss issue, and not a bunch of random crap. If you want to start a discussion about grouping, take it to a new thread, this is supposed to be about an excessive miss rate for warriors.

Ruinous, President is right to ask for the pictures, I should have had thoes ready, but I was too irritated to think about it at the time. I'd like the dev's to take the topic seriously and not see it degenerate into minidless bitching about who's right about what..

President, Ruinous is right, heading out and looking for a group isnt going to solve the issue with the miss rate. I'd like the dev's to take the topic seriously and not see it degenerate into minidless bitching about who's right about what..

Seriously, I'd rather see if the issue is fixable rather than debate who does what, where and how. For all we know, half thoes people at 50 were 2 boxing, which resulted in the devs disabling multiple accounts off 1 IP to begin with. Its idle speculation and no one has any evidence either way. Lets just focus on the topic.
Last edited by Morndenkainen; 05-18-2010 at 12:21 AM..
Closed Thread