Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A concerned observer. Who are you?
Just the village idiot who asks dumb questions.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, if thats the case I definatley dont see myself sticking around terribly long. A level 12 warrior getting beaten by a light blue because he cant hit it is complete crap, and being forced to play certian classes just to survive isnt my idea of a good time. Its actually rather pathetic, I think there's been a net LOSS of xp today due to the number of times a FAR lower level mob has just utterly wiped the floor with me through no fault of my own that I can see... Never did anything stupid, and it was pretty much 1v1 fights that killed me... Hell, even greens still managed to do a significant amount of damage... 25-40% hps... And my AC is 252... Fighting with a warrior appears to be a joke. Maybe its time to go play an uber class... Caster with a pet that has insane regen and doesnt miss, here I come.
I really don't remember easily killing blues as a warrior back on live. But really, stop QQing. Melee was REALLY fucked when the server opened and a lot of us played warriors just fine. The Dev's devoted a lot of time getting melee as close to right as they could, and its far and above better than when the server opened.

The joke doesn't appear to be fighting with a warrior, the joke appears to be trying to solo with a warrior at level 12. User error.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Aviak

"he"? No clue.. but if possible "I" would really appreciate it if one of you guys could look into this. I mean, im sure its been a while since you guys played a low level pure mellee class, and if you tried to level one up legitimatley, im sure you'd come to the same conclusion I did... the miss rate on the mobs is way too high.. Especially considering im level 12, and still having issues hitting the level 4-5 gnoll watchers in qeynos hills.
Slashed at one 12 times, completely missed 6 times, and 4 times, it recieved less than full damage. Kicked it 3 times during combat, one miss, one full damage, and one partial damage...

I really would appreciate any input you have on this Haynar... It seems really messed up that even attacking something 7-8 levels below me, im still missing 50% of the time, and only doing full damage 33% of the time when I actually do hit it.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

I'm well aware of how to group and would be doing so if they were readily available. Being "forced" to group because of a severely crippled melee system however seems wrong. It's no wonder there's so many druids running around here - lol.

As far as the 2h weapon comment goes, it was a mistake. The cracked staff is 1-handed. I've tried both and using a low delay weapon does not compensate when you can't hit anything to begin with.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't remember easily killing blues as a warrior back on live. But really, stop QQing. Melee was REALLY fucked when the server opened and a lot of us played warriors just fine. The Dev's devoted a lot of time getting melee as close to right as they could, and its far and above better than when the server opened.

The joke doesn't appear to be fighting with a warrior, the joke appears to be trying to solo with a warrior at level 12. User error.
Its not user error. a level 12 warrior shouldnt have any difficulty kicking the crap out of a level 5 mob.. It shouldnt take a L12 warrior at full health down to 75% health just to finish it off.. It was NOT like that in Live. I know, because I played EQ when it was first released, and only played until the first expansion was released. I had no problems killing stuff in live, and used to camp the elite ledge at level 13 while dual weilding giant snake fangs. I dont see that happening or being possible here.

The real problem is that you've been playing for so long and have gotten so tied up in the game, that you cant see things from the prespective of anyone who's beneath your almighty omnipotence. = other than your own...
Old 05-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

That's how it was in Live in classic. Melees could not reliably solo blues. Hybrids had some utility spells that could help with this at least, but even then it was tough and not incredibly efficient. That is why the people who wanted to solo rolled druids, necros, and mages. No one ever rolled a melee class so they could solo... they resigned themselves to the fact that they would have to group in order to efficiently grind XP.

Having said that, like I said before, try a 1HS weapon. The mobs are chewing you up with their much more rapid attacks and you're gimping your damage output voluntarily, unless you have some sort of uber 2HS with a decent ratio.

There are plenty of level 50 warriors and clerics on the server who had no issues getting to where they were, so I doubt there's anything horribly wrong with the melee output/miss rate. I had no problem levelling my cleric up to 11 so far. I killed shit solo for the first 4 levels, went fairly quick, then grouped at Orc Hill for a few hours and went into Crushbone and grouped from about level 7 onward... I will say I haven't really used melee since I started grouping, so I can't speak to that. My ranger is at 18... I killed newb shit in North Qeynos until about level 4, started grouping up for gnolls in QH, then founds some pickup groups in Blackburrow and camped the hell out of fangs for XP... blew through to level 9 or 10 and headed over to Unrest. Never had a tough time with the melee output like you seem to be having, but I've only been using 1HS/kick so /shrug. At 17, I would not go against a blue without full mana in case I had to rootpark and heal myself... but it was like that in Live classic, too.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Last edited by YendorLootmonkey; 05-17-2010 at 11:17 PM..
Old 05-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's how it was in Live in classic. Melees could not reliably solo blues. Hybrids had some utility spells that could help with this at least, but even then it was tough and not incredibly efficient. That is why the people who wanted to solo rolled druids, necros, and mages. No one ever rolled a melee class so they could solo... they resigned themselves to the fact that they would have to group in order to efficiently grind XP.

Having said that, like I said before, try a 1HS weapon. The mobs are chewing you up with their much more rapid attacks and you're gimping your damage output voluntarily, unless you have some sort of uber 2HS with a decent ratio.There are plenty of level 50 warriors and clerics on the server who had no issues getting to where they were, so I doubt there's anything horribly wrong with the melee output/miss rate. I had no problem levelling my cleric up to 11 so far. I killed shit solo for the first 4 levels, went fairly quick, then grouped at Orc Hill for a few hours and went into Crushbone and grouped from about level 7 onward... I will say I haven't really used melee since I started grouping, so I can't speak to that. My ranger is at 18... I killed newb shit in North Qeynos until about level 4, started grouping up for gnolls in QH, then founds some pickup groups in Blackburrow and camped the hell out of fangs for XP... blew through to level 9 or 10 and headed over to Unrest. Never had a tough time with the melee output like you seem to be having, but I've only been using 1HS/kick so /shrug. At 17, I would not go against a blue without full mana in case I had to rootpark and heal myself... but it was like that in Live classic, too.
I agree with you in that higher level pure melee's, above level 20 could not solo blues easily, if at all... On live, I was soloing till around 23-25. Here, Im getting my ass handed to me by level 7 mobs when im level 12.. There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with that.. Perhaps you've been playing on a private server for too long to tell the difference, but I havent. Hell, some times it takes me 4-5 swings to kill a decaying skeleton because I keep missing. And thats a level 1 mob. How screwed up is THAT? Im using a FS2H sword, as its the best weapon I could get my hands on without having friends on the server. I would have loved to have 2-3 of my friends join me, and call it a day, but none of them care to play EQ. Sure, i've gotten in some PUG's, but its friggin embarrasing to get out done by an enchanters pet because all you see is miss,miss,miss,miss,miss,miss,miss, ect... It makes you look completley useless in a group. As for you blowing through everything, great man, good for you. Im glad you know the game backwards and forwards, but for the rest of us mere mortals who get to sit and play the game without your uber skills, or another person to follow us around and be the healbot/DPS, the fact that melee is severely gimped is really screwing us over. Also, it should be easy enough to level a cleric, you can self-heal, and on top of that cast smite/strike or whatever and do damage that actually doesnt miss 5-10 times in a row.
Last edited by Morndenkainen; 05-17-2010 at 11:26 PM..
Old 05-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real problem is that you've been playing for so long and have gotten so tied up in the game, that you cant see things from the prespective of anyone who's beneath your almighty omnipotence. = other than your own...

Aside from the fact I have been leveling up a bard the last few weeks and have not noticed any unusual melee miss ratios.

I definitely recall playing a warrior 10 years ago and even when fighting lower con mobs having horrible unlucky miss rates that caused many deaths.

Quote:
I'm well aware of how to group and would be doing so if they were readily available. Being "forced" to group because of a severely crippled melee system however seems wrong. It's no wonder there's so many druids running around here - lol.
Are you seriously going to pretend it is hard to get groups right now especially lower than level 25? I have been leveling up a bard over the last month and had ZERO problems getting groups even at 2AM or 10AM MST.

"Severely crippled" melee problem is a gross exaggeration.

If you don't want to be "forced" to group there are plenty of single players games out there for you. I am sure the dev's are pretty tired of seeing people come on here and bitch how about how their level 8 character lost to a blue so the game must be broken.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I agree with you in that higher level pure melee's, above level 20 could not solo blues easily, if at all... On live, I was soloing till around 23-25. Here, Im getting my ass handed to me by level 7 mobs when im level 12.. There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with that.. Perhaps you've been playing on a private server for too long to tell the difference, but I havent. Hell, some times it takes me 4-5 swings to kill a decaying skeleton because I keep missing. And thats a level 1 mob. How screwed up is THAT?
How about to take some screen shots of this. It pretty much looks like you are exaggeration more and more with every post in hopes the dev's will look at you.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

That's funny, because I've been on since 6:30PM. It's 10:30PM now and have only had 1 orc hill group offer, which I had to leave because mobs were turning green.

This wasn't a bitch thread about not getting groups. This was about the game being CLEARLY different than classic in respect to how melee works. I'm not going to flex my e-peen about how I've played EQ longer than you, but I've got enough common sense to make simple observations.

I played a dwarf cleric back in '99, and I'm playing one right now. Soloing to level 20 for a surname, an experience that I can remember as if it happened yesterday, was largely easier than it is right now on this Emulated server, and I've got better gear on here than I did back then.

It's not incredibly difficult to fathom that formulas may be off.
Closed Thread