Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

yes these quests are indeed classic bc the first quest to initiate the series is the bone chip quest in Felwithe which has always been there....people just never figured them out until later since alot of people did not venture into Lesserfay besides running tru

Erati
Old 05-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

Gasp - how did you guys let this fall off of the first page?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Bump!
(Tunare healers need love too)
Old 05-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Banned

This should be a high priority to fix. Warden Symbol quest was one of the few quests in the early game that had a good balance of risk v. reward.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes these quests are indeed classic bc the first quest to initiate the series is the bone chip quest in Felwithe which has always been there....people just never figured them out until later since alot of people did not venture into Lesserfay besides running tru
Except they're not. I was a wood elf in classic on live, and pre-Kunark there were no ghasts in there. We hunted in there all the time (this was before Kunark tainted brownies were added). Illia's in fact has the quote below from 2001(!)...
Quote:
new MoB
Posted: Mar 30th 2001 5:41am
I was hunting in lFay waiting for it to be day time so I could go camo into the castle in MM when I saw a new mob on track. it was called a rancorous ghast, or something like that. it was green to me at 47, and I killed it in like 5 shots or something, and it dropped an item, a Putrescent Heart. Magic Item. No drop. anyone know what this is for?
I'm aware the skeleton quests were in there at classic, but the final quest that rewarded the necklace was a later addition. Again no concrete evidence (i.e. patch notes etc), but I do remember how excited I was when they added the continuation of the quest chain, and going back on my higher level druid at the time to get it after it was added.

(edit: to clarify, I don't care one way or another if it stays in on this server...but I know this was not in at release. )
Last edited by tulsplat; 05-17-2010 at 04:27 PM..
Old 05-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Heres the thing, whether it was there at the original release or there in kunark is pretty irevelant at this point since the quests ARE in our emulator now and you can obtain one of the necklaces. So they either should remove the quests as they currently are and implement them in their entirety at some point or just fix what they have started since nothing that is rewarded is over powering. The time line issue isnt that big of deal since we are basically talking about a couple months dif.

Could a dev comment on this particular quest so we dont discuss blindly?

Erati
Old 05-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Large Rat

Unhappy

Bump please!

This quest is so freaking gooood. Plus druids don't have jack squat to quest for. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Aviak

Any update on the quest? It would be helpful to at least get some kinda update.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

bumpers
Old 05-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Aviak

I would so love to see this in p99. This was one of my favorite items in classic eq for my druid, even at higher levels it can be a life saver. I collected a bunch of clicky items as a druid, and this was by far one of my most used (second maybe to my elder spiritist vambraces). These babies held a last line of defence in a lot of situations. Coupled with the elder spiritist vambraces and the epic, they were a pretty nasty combo. A mana free root and two mana free dots. They made it possible to root/rot a LOT easier, I remember many-a-hour farming elysians in umbral plains with these.

That, as aside from my epic quest, it's one of the quests I actually remember doing and working at, and it was definately a nice item to show off. I would love to see this item implimented on our shard in the future.
Closed Thread