Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziahh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
have to take into account that when charm broke you have in fact 2 mob on you to get rid off...with my 1100hp and cloth i will die 50% of the time when that happen and my pet have 67% haste .../shout dead man walking !
Don't you see something wrong with being able to solo with a 67% hasted mob that DW for 150dmg a pop?
Old 04-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you see something wrong with being able to solo with a 67% hasted mob that DW for 150dmg a pop?
If charm hardly broke, yes. The way it is now, charm breaks often and enchanters don't have the kiting abilities of druids and bards. It also takes a long time for the charm spell to cast. If you recall, our two stuns were destroyed in the last patch, making recharming much more dangerous.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by choklo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If charm hardly broke, yes. The way it is now, charm breaks often and enchanters don't have the kiting abilities of druids and bards. It also takes a long time for the charm spell to cast. If you recall, our two stuns were destroyed in the last patch, making recharming much more dangerous.
Yes, Whirl was destroyed, however Color Slant is just as viable except the recast is longer. Tash > Color Slant > Charm makes it very easy to recharm. It only sucks if Color Slant resists
Old 04-17-2011, 03:24 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by choklo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't count how many times dark blue charmed mobs have broken charm after a 1-2 mintues(or less) at higher levels. I have 255 cha when I charm. Most of these mobs can kill a chanter in 1-2 seconds at high levels too. I don't see how this is over powered now.

I hope this nerf affects druids and bards too, but even so, it hurts the enchanter much more:

Bards can snare, run ultra fast, and wear heavy armor. They have little risk when charm breaks.
Druids can just kite the mob if it breaks with sow and snare. Again, they have little risk.
Enchanters have no armor, low hit points, can't snare, and take a long time to recharm. We have a huge risk of death.
And I hope it makes everything more accurate to the classic timeline. Nothing more, nothing less. Hop in a time machine and go lobby the original eq devs about their design decisions if you don't like the advantages and disadvantages of each class.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I hope it makes everything more accurate to the classic timeline. Nothing more, nothing less. Hop in a time machine and go lobby the original eq devs about their design decisions if you don't like the advantages and disadvantages of each class.
If this is indeed what happened on live, then it's a moot point. I didn't play a chanter back then.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Orc

Nerfs that are not necessary and completely SUCK are certainly classic.

Well done.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Aviak

well last patch reduce the enchanter class ability to solo to almost zero. here a log of the last fight i had...

http://pastebin.com/WpUgFqez

recap here to make thing easier :

[Sun Apr 17 17:29:02 2011] Your Allure spell has worn off.
[Sun Apr 17 17:29:38 2011] Your Allure spell has worn off.
[Sun Apr 17 17:31:26 2011] Your Allure spell has worn off.
[Sun Apr 17 17:32:02 2011] Your Boltran`s Agacerie spell has worn off.
[Sun Apr 17 17:32:44 2011] Your Boltran`s Agacerie spell has worn off.

there might have more break in the log... and this is only 1 fight. i got screenshot that i can post that are as bad as this fight.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 04-17-2011 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: Pastebin ftw
Old 04-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Aviak

Default new patch enchanter charm

well last patch reduce the enchanter class ability to solo to almost zero. here a log of the last fight i had...

recap at the bottom to speed shit a liltle.

http://pastebin.com/WpUgFqez

recap here to make thing easier :

[Sun Apr 17 17:29:02 2011] Your Allure spell has worn off.
[Sun Apr 17 17:29:38 2011] Your Allure spell has worn off.
[Sun Apr 17 17:31:26 2011] Your Allure spell has worn off.
[Sun Apr 17 17:32:02 2011] Your Boltran`s Agacerie spell has worn off.
[Sun Apr 17 17:32:44 2011] Your Boltran`s Agacerie spell has worn off.

there might have more break in the log... and this is only 1 fight. i got screenshot that i can post that are as bad as this fight.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 04-17-2011 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: l2pastebin
Old 04-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Yep that certainly resembles classic more than the pre-patch charm durations did.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

woooooooo! love to see the chanties QQing after their long insanely OP journey to this point. Enchanters were without a doubt way to OP. It took forever to get whirl nerfed and that was insane. But still after that the charm was insanely OP. Being able to charm the most powerful pets in game, then haste them, and keep them charmed for 15 min +.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Closed Thread