Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Banned

does fear have a looping resist check to drop off? similar to how root does?

on red pvp, for example, if you root someone, it is checking the resist every tick, and I believe it has a higher chance to drop on every following check

damage increases the chance that the root will break

can/does/should something like this exist on fears?
Old 09-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Aggro control is cool, but having all 3 of your warriors eat 20second fears when they're grouped with a bard and all sitting at 255MR isn't classic.

Thats what needs to be fixed.

For fucks sake, the cleric in the Sontalak video uses group CH to heal his group and everyone is in range for the heal.

On this server that shit would not happen ever due to the fears. His fear is spread by 36seconds, when people are feared for 20 and running back for 10, it makes killing him without swapping 40% of your raid for level 60 Rogue/Wizard alts impossible.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey now - we got him to 50% by throwing bodies at him - I dont see any BDA/Taken here QQing that he was too hard pls change due to our fail- be nice :P

Dragon Roar in general has been bugged on Velious mobs esp for a while - see Dald's Zland write up after we spent 4 hours down there eating fears that took u to the Vilefang waterfall

there is none of that in any videos from classic and most the time people are not even being super neckbeard efficient to get those kills they have on display - here you have to be among the upper 5% in terms of gearing and company to kill these mobs regular guilds with sub 60 raiders were killing 15 years ago
zland is fucked beyond just dragon roar.

Fears, as they land now, almost seem like they were forgotten in the great 255 cap fix. Almost as if we're capped at 255 but they're still scaling to 500 or whatever the client was capped at last time. What we see now is exactly what I would expect with mid 200's MR on the old system.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Banned

I'm told the bark pots do prevent you from moving but you are feared in place.

The correct logic should be the fear does not do that since you are rooted. This is seen vs NPCs as you cannot root an NPC, fear it and beat it to death without it fighting back. It should be the same on players.

Not sure if Zlandi rot should overwrite bark pot needs research.

Bless u all.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
zland is fucked beyond just dragon roar.

Fears, as they land now, almost seem like they were forgotten in the great 255 cap fix. Almost as if we're capped at 255 but they're still scaling to 500 or whatever the client was capped at last time. What we see now is exactly what I would expect with mid 200's MR on the old system.
I completely agree and I suspect that is at a root of the problem.

I'm guessing these Dragon Roars from Velious (which have a -150 Mr check) are broken and using the old 500 MR system to check for early breaks. Which is why so many with maxed MR are eating full duration fears.

I've made bug reports on beta and since about Zlandicar being broken with stun breath, no Necro spells and this issue. However Zlandicar is still AEing an entire raid with his 900 DD when it shouldn't.
Last edited by Daldaen; 09-02-2015 at 12:22 PM..
Old 09-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I don't think I've seen us break 70 since launch for anything except the big dick ntov mobs. We're doing morning spawn zland with mid 30s. Kland with 40.
i'm being told by a current rampage member that there isn't a single zlandicar kill on your DKP site that's under 73 players

pls stop trolling bug reports
Old 09-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Developer

Can I just say fuuuuuuu..

Anyways. Trying to figure this out. Not sure where its going wrong in the code. Spent 2 hrs already on it tonight.

H
Old 09-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Banned

pras

i think the rate at which PCs resist NPC spells is just set too low in general

fear is just the one we notice the most
Old 09-03-2015, 12:19 AM
Developer

One thing I saw, was the duration was rounding up. So for example, my test had 20% to land for full. 20% chance to resist completely. For a 3 tick spell, a rand over remaining, less than 1/3 should drop right away. 1/3 should last 1 tick. And 1/3 for 2. But it rounded up. So all partials got an extra tick. So effectively 40% lasted for full. And all partials had an extra tick.

I will try to iron out rest later. But thats a start.

H
Old 09-03-2015, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

That would definitely explain some of why it is such a pain to fight fear dragons on this server.

I look forward to any changes that come of this, thanks Haynar!
Closed Thread