Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Kobold

I've been camping the AC with him today.
This camp is a real nightmare.
Wondering if it's worse than quillmane/pyjzn camps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Kobold

I know the OOT AC is a good bit tougher, but if you’re able to do that camp I would suggest it. If I was concerned about the spawn timer or trigger being broken, I would differently try the OOT.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Definitely do OOT camp it will save you the headache.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqholmes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think he lacks the understanding of stats, lets say it is 10% just because you killed him 9 times doesn't mean he will spawn that 10th time. Each kill and 10% spawn chance is a separate event. Such as flipping a coin, just because you get 10 tails in a row doesn’t mean you’re anymore likely to get a heads on that 11th flip, it’s still 50/50.

Holmes 50 Nerco DA
Gretzky 38 Ranger DA
I said STATISTICALLY.

Quote:
I also don't understand your math. Depending on the actual day/night hours on this server, which is stated to be 9am to 7pm at least in Kithikor(stated by a dev), you would have 1 10% chance every hour at the AC. How should he spawn at least every 5 hours?
Roughly 1 hour to each game day with ~10 cycles within those 5 hours (ignore the excess minutes). 10% chance yadda yadda you get the point.

Quote:
You need to start over IMO. Let everything respawn, all 3 mobs. Then kill them all relatively back to back if possible. The last one to spawn, which will take 30-31 minutes, is the correct PH. I have seen multiple ACs on here, have you?
Starting over won't really accomplish anything when ALL of the mobs that spawn on the hill are getting killed at a time when they will respawn at night.

Quote:
It's not been messed with, your luck matches your attitude. =)
Well something is wrong with something, and it isn't on my end. Smartass comment not needed, I OBVIOUSLY haven't slept in quite some time and am pretty frustrated with this thing, if you people can't realize that then just shut up.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblade717 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen Sandgiant Husam more times that I can count
If you're seeing him, then you're doing it wrong.
Keep in mind, night time is set from 9pm to 7am on P99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblade717 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well something is wrong with something, and it isn't on my end.
Don't blame someone else when it is your own strategy or bad luck that is to blame.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Kobold

True, I wasn't trying to be an ass; I just meant that you could possibly just have some terrible luck, as you said it can even skip a cycle lowering your chances even greater. I would say go to OOT, from the sounds of it and with another person it is a viable option for you guys. I have gotten/helped camp the ring 3 times there and gotten it in under 6-7 hours every time. Also how anoying would it be if it did spawn and someone running through killed it? That is why I always hated the SRO one, lost at least 2 AC's on live due to people ks'ing.

Holmes 50 nerco DA
Gretzky 38 ranger DA
Last edited by eqholmes; 06-25-2010 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 06-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

If you think there are 4 mobs that spawn in the same spot and that the PH is not a 30-31 minute timer, then yes something is wrong on your end.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 06-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Double checked the script, everything is in working order. I stand by my previous statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

I just got the jboots a few nights ago. This is working as it was on Live. Try hitting your head into the wall HARDER or FASTER, maybe both.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Developer

I've camped and gotten the ring in SRo and OOT more than one for myself and friends. There is nothing wrong with the spawn.
Closed Thread